A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys
At Farahi Law Firm, APC, our professional team of personal injury lawyers has always strived to help clients in need, with hundreds of cases under our wing in different practice areas we have served numerous clients in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. We are always committed to helping because you are the most important person for us. Your well-being and the justice you can achieve after dealing with personal injury from an accident is our cause.
Our car accident attorneys are here to help in case you’ve been involved in a Los Angeles auto accident. For us, there’s no greater joy than seeing a client get back on their feet after a car accident, with a team of award-winning accident attorneys at the ready, we will ensure you get the maximum monetary compensation, health-care and material repairs you need to resume your life as if nothing ever happened.
You care and We care too! If you are involved in a Los Angeles car accident, don’t hesitate to contact us. No matter the type of vehicular accident you get in, we’ll help you and walk you through every step of the personal injury claim process so you can achieve the justice you deserve.
Car Accident Statistics in Los Angeles
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), the city of Los Angeles is in the first place for California car accidents, not only that but it also shows that California leads the nation in car accident-related injuries and deaths. From the LAPD report from 2019 we can see that:
- About 54,000 vehicular collisions happened in 2019.
- Traffic-related deaths increased to 236 compared to 2018 data.
- Nearly half of the car accidents were categorized as hit and run.
- Pedestrian fatalities from car accidents have increased by 69% over the past five years.
- Alcohol and Drug use (DIU) while driving was the leading cause for car accidents causing 2801 victims injured and killed.
- In 2018, 42% of all drivers killed in motor vehicle crashes, who were tested, tested positive for legal and/ or illegal drugs.
These statistics are alarming, that’s why our Los Angeles attorneys will fight relentlessly for you to achieve the justice you deserve in case you are involved in a vehicular accident, be it as another car driver, a pedestrian, motorcycle or bicycle rider and any other circumstance, we will help you achieve maximum compensation.
Why you should hire Farahi Law Firm, APC?
- We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- Our expert team of car accident attorneys will not rest until you get your maximum compensation
- We’ll get you the best medical treatment you deserve, without you having to pay a dime
- We offer free consultation for your case
- You don’t have to worry about insurance companies, we’ll handle them for you
- No fees until we win, you don’t have to spend any money until we win your case.
- Peace of mind while you recover, your health is the most important thing for us, we’ll handle all the documentation and claiming process for your vehicular accident without you having to worry about anything but your recuperation.
What are the leading causes for Car Accidents in Los Angeles?
With Los Angeles being one of the densest cities in the country, there is bout to be a huge number of car accidents, that’s a fact. We might think that getting involved in a Los Angeles car accident is nothing more than bad luck, nevertheless, the statistics show that most auto accidents are provoked by negligent behavior behind the wheel. No matter the cause, being a victim in an accident is not your fault and our personal injury attorneys can prove that when handling your case.
We have outlined the main cause for vehicular and auto accidents as follows:
- Speeding:Speeding is a leading cause of car collisions in Los Angeles. Signals for the speed limit are placed along roads and highways to alert drivers to the maximum speed they are allowed to drive at. The speed limits are placed to protect drivers from dangerous collisions and losing control of the vehicle.
- Distracted Driving:Distracted driving is a prevalent cause of car accidents in LA. Distraction behind the wheel isn’t just using your mobile phone, it can be eating, drinking, talking to a passenger, or paying too much attention to your GPS or radio instead of looking at the road and other vehicles around you.
- Driving under the influence:Every year drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol lead to hundreds of car accidents in Los Angeles. Getting behind the wheel after consuming both legal and illegal substances impair judgment and reaction time. In the case of Alcohol, for many years it has been the leading cause for fatal road accidents in the US, with more than 10,000 fatal road accidents every year according to the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration (NHSTA).
- Tailgating:NHTSA research shows that around 28 percent of all traffic accidents are rear-ended collisions. Driving too close to another vehicle leaves you little time to react in case the other hits the brakes due to a road emergency or sudden stop at an intersection. Always leave enough space between you and the car in front of you to avoid a sudden rear-end collision.
- Dangerous Lane Changes: Abruptly changing lanes in the highway can lead to both sideswiping, rear-end collisions, and even front end car crashes when the road only has two lanes. Changing lanes without proper signaling to other drivers or mirrors and blind-spot checking puts everyone at risk of getting into an auto accident.
- Road designs and maintenance:Poor road design and maintenance, lack of signs, slippery roads, and other road hazards are a prevalent cause of car accidents in Los Angeles. When you get in a car accident due to dangerous road conditions you can pursue a claim against a public entity for not providing a safe environment for drivers.
What are the Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents?
Our expert team of Car accident attorneys is focused on treating every case with utmost respect and empathy. The most recent statistics show that there were more than 4,000 thousand injuries from car accidents in 2017 per the California OTS data. Our personal attorneys know how catastrophic an injury from a car accident can be and know how to get the best possible treatment for our clients, with specialized doctors and hospitals at the ready to provide the medical treatment our clients deserve.
The most common injuries from car accidents are:
- Whiplash:It happens due to sudden movements in the neck due to the force of a car crash. While it can cause minor pain at first, it can have grave consequences due to the vertebrae in the neck connecting the spinal cord to the brain.
- Bone fractures:Due to the enormous amount of force involved in a car crash, bone fractures can include crush injuries, broken ribs, arms, pelvis, hip, foot, leg, spine or skull can occur.
- Head Injury:Head injuries like skull fractures or concussions can cause chronic pain and other disabling conditions.
- Traumatic brain injury (or TBI):TBI can cause long-term catastrophic injury leading to disability.
- Spinal cord injury:One of the most serious injuries to have in a car crash. A back injury can cause serious long-term problems for the victim if not treated correctly. Spinal cord injuries can cause herniated discs, scoliosis, and in the worst cases, partial or total bodily paralysis.
- Internal organ damage: Car accidents may involve ruptured liver, spleen, kidney damage, punctured or collapsed lung, or injuries to other internal organs due to the force of the collision.
- Soft tissue injuries: Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations are common in car accidents, they normally occur due to objects flying around inside the car, hitting one’s head on the window or steering wheel, and airbags deploying to protect you from the crash.
We know this can feel overwhelming for you and we are committed to making it as easy as possible for you to navigate the car accident claims process. We’re here for you to assist every step of the way and make sure you get the maximum car accident compensation you deserve.
What to do After a Car Accident in Los Angeles
In the event you or a loved one gets injured in a Los Angeles car accident, following these few simple steps can ensure your safety and also help you preserve evidence for your potential claim. Following them is primordial to create the first preliminary report and strengthen your case
- Don’t panic and move to a safe area if possible.
- Call the police particularly if the incident involves serious damage to property, physical harm, or death.
- Don’t leave the accident scene until the police arrive.
- Exchange information with the other party. Note down their names, phone numbers, addresses, and basic insurance details.
- Note down any witness details.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, injuries, and car damages.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t feel any pain.
- Inform your insurance company and don’t speak to the other party’s insurer until you have contacted an attorney.
- Speak to Justin Farahi our Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer at Farahi Law Firm, APC in California as soon as possible after the crash.
In the initial days after a car crash, it can be tempting to accept an offer coming directly from insurance companies. Unfortunately, these offers are insurance companies’ tactics to pay you less. As you break down these offers in detail, they almost always fall short of the amount of compensation you will need to receive the highest level of care and rehabilitation.
How Can We Determine Liability in a Los Angeles Car Accident?
Determining liability is important to make sure you get the compensation that you rightfully deserve for your injuries and losses. Establishing liability in a Los Angeles car accident is a complex process without the help of a personal injury attorney specialized in car accidents. Insurance companies and the other parties involved will try to shift the blame to protect themselves, and without someone at your side to fight this blame-shifting, you could end up getting blamed for an accident you didn’t cause.
Our team of Los Angeles car accident lawyers will help you:
- Analyze your case to determine liability
- Scene reconstruction to prove the responsible party’s negligence
- Deal with insurance companies’ scare tactics
- Analyze police reports and records of the accident
- Interrogate witnesses
- Collect and present proof of liability in a court of law
- Do this Free of Charge
Bear in mind that California works under the principle of Comparative Negligence, meaning that if were partly at fault, that doesn’t mean the end of your claim, but that you would get deducted the percentage of fault from your settlement. For example, if you are found 20% responsible for an accident and the other party is at 80% fault, you’ll get 80% of your settlement. This was implemented due to the fact that before, plaintiffs would lose their chance at getting justice if they were partly at fault for an accident.
But you should not fear, our expert team of car accident attorneys will always work hard to get you the maximum compensation you deserve and hold the responsible party accountable for their negligent actions and behavior
What Can You Recover from a Los Angeles Car Accident?
One mistake victims of accidents make is not knowing the damages that can be recovered for a personal injury case, particularly car accidents. It is not their fault, but it happens because insurance companies normally low-ball their clients with irascible offers that will only cover a small fraction of the real damages to the victim.
Not only can you recover damages for what happened in the accident, but also for future consequences of it.
The types of damages you can recover can be categorized in:
- Economic Damages: These damages are intended to financially help the victims recover to where they would have been in life have the accident not happened. They are normally calculated by the losses incurred to the victim’s finances. They include:
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damage Costs
- Lost Wages and Earning capacity due to the accident
- Material losses aside from the vehicle.
A professional Los Angeles attorney will help you evaluate the situation you are put in due to the accident and will help you recover the maximum economic damages possible, aside from the ones you incurred because of the accident, a lawyer can help you get compensation for long term consequences derived from the accident.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are usually awarded to cover what is called subjective losses, which are losses that are hard to assign a monetary value to. Non-Economic damage compensation can include:
- Emotional Distress
- Pain and Suffering
- Quality of Life reduction
- Loss of Consortium
There’s a third type of damages that can be awarded to you for compensation, they are called Punitive Damages which are granted by the courts of California as punishment to the party at fault. Although they are relatively uncommon, they are awarded to the victims if the responsible party’s conduct is especially reprehensible and grievous towards the affected party. Punitive damages can be awarded if, for example, the defendant harasses the victim or acts violently towards them at the time of the accident or during the claiming process.
Contact Farahi Law Firm, APC For a Review of Your Case!
We understand how traumatic a car accident can be for victims and their loved ones, and our expert car accident attorneys in Los Angeles, California are here to help. We provide the best legal support and guidance required to make a car accident injury claim as straight-forward as possible. With a perfect track record of won cases and our lawyers being among the best in the nation, we will handle your case with expertise and help you focus on your healthy recovery while we handle everything else about the processs.
Injured in a car accident in Los Angeles? Contact us at (310) 601-4925 to schedule a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles?
The process of obtaining compensation for a car accident is indeed complex, and your legal rights could be affected by missing a deadline or misfiling. In addition, the insurance companies have their well-paid lawyers and adjusters who are well-trained to reduce or deny your claims. An experienced car accident lawyer at Farahi Law Firm, APC can take the stress of the accident off your shoulders and improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
What if I'm Injured in a Car Accident by an Uninsured Motorist?
If you are injured in a car accident and the at-fault driver is uninsured or carries inadequate bodily injury limits on their policy, you can pursue a claim under your uninsured/under-insured motorist (UM/UIM) bodily injury coverage. And if you don’t have UM coverage and want compensation, the only other option is to file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver. Expert advice from a car accident lawyer is always a great help in such situations.
What Should I do if the at-fault Driver's Insurance Company Contacts me?
The insurance company of the at-fault driver may try to get a recorded statement from you, and may even ask you questions that are irrelevant to the incident but can be used against you when making a claim. You may politely deny talking to them and ask them to speak with your lawyer.
How much do I have to Pay for a Car Accident Attorney in LA?
Don’t worry, it’s not going to burn a hole in your pocket. A vast number of personal injury lawyers including those at Farahi Law Firm, APC are willing to take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you only pay the attorney if your case is successful and you recover a settlement from the defendant.
Can a Passenger File for an Injury Claim?
Yes. A passenger has every right to sue a careless or irresponsible driver who caused an accident in which he or she has been injured. As a car passenger, you are always in a win-win situation. Whether it’s your car driver’s fault or the other driver’s negligence in the accident, you can make a claim from either party.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.