Farahi Law Firm, APC Gives You
“Medical Treatment You Need
And Money You Deserve”
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
As Seen In The News
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
Free Case Review
Farahi Law Firm’s top rated Los Angeles car accident lawyers , California are committed to helping the injured victims recover and return to their everyday routine.
The impact of being in a car crash that wasn’t your fault goes well beyond the crash itself. You may not be prepared for numerous after-effects, which is why it is vital that you seek immediate professional and specialized legal advice.
Our expert Los Angeles car accident lawyers , California work tirelessly on your behalf on a no win no fee basis to secure a claim that allows you to receive the maximum compensation for the injuries and losses you have suffered as a result of the crash.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles is the most densely populated city in California. And, in recent years it has become one large accident hot spot. List below are few top causes of car accidents in Los Angeles:
- Speeding : Speeding is a leading cause of car collisions in and around Los Angeles. Speed limits are in place for a reason, but as everybody in LA seems to be in a hurry, they keep ignoring it.
- Distracted Driving : Distracted driving is a prevalent cause of car accidents in LA. Distraction isn’t just about mobile use – it can be eating , drinking, talking to a passenger or paying too much attention to your GPS or radio.
- Intoxicated Driver: Each year drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol lead to hundreds of car accidents in Los Angeles. Alcohol and drugs can affect reaction time, judgment, coordination and motor skills enormously. It is therefore not difficult to see why driving while intoxicated is one of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents.
- Tailgating : NHTSA research shows that around 28 percent of all traffic accidents are rear-end collisions, and one of the leading causes of such traffic accidents is tailgating.
- Dangerous Lane Changes: A number of side-swipe incidents or rear-end collisions in Los Angeles are the result of drivers making an abrupt lane change, without proper signal. Always look in mirrors, give signals and check blind spots before merging to avoid such crashes.
- Road designs and maintenance : Poor road design, lack of signage, potholes, oil spills or debris, are some dangerous situations that often lead to collisions.
Most Common Injuries in Car Accident
As each car accident is different, so are the injuries. Below are some common type of car crash injuries:
- Whiplash: It is a soft tissue injury in the neck that can cause intense pain and reduced motion range.
- Bone fractures: Due to the enormous amount of force involved in a car crash, bone fractures can include crush injuries, broken ribs, arms, pelvis, hip, foot, leg, spine or skull can occur.
- Head Injury: Head injuries like skull fractures can cause chronic pain and other disabling conditions.
- Traumatic brain injury (or TBI): TBI can cause long-term catastrophic injury leading to disability.
- Spinal cord injury: Paralysis can occur depending on the location and severity of the injury on the spinal cord.
- Internal organ damage: Car accident may involve ruptured liver, spleen, kidney damage, punctured or collapsed lung, or injuries to other internal organs.
- Soft tissue injuries, Cuts and lacerations are common too in car crashes.
We know this can feel overwhelming for you and we are committed to making it as easy as possible for you to navigate the car accident claims process. We ‘re here for you to assist every step of the way. We ‘re going out of our way to make sure you get the maximum car accident compensation you ‘re entitled to.
What to do After a Car Crash in Los Angeles
In the event you or a loved one gets injured in a car accident in Los Angeles, following these few simple steps can ensure your safety and also help you preserve evidence for your potential claim.
- Don’t panic and move to a safe area if possible.
- Call the police particularly if the incident involves serious damage to property, physical harm or death.
- Don’t leave the accident scene until the police arrive.
- Exchange information with the other party. Note down their names, phone numbers, addresses and basic insurance details.
- Note down any witness details.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, injuries and car damages.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t feel any pain initially.
- Inform your insurance company and don’t speak to the other party’s insurer until you have contacted an attorney.
- Speak to expert Los Angeles car accident lawyers , California as soon as possible after the crash.
In the initial days after a car crash, it can be tempting to accept an offer coming directly from insurance companies. Unfortunately, these offers are insurance companies tactics to pay you less. As you break down these offers in detail, they almost always fall short of the amount of compensation you will need to receive the highest level of care and rehabilitation.
Our deep expertise with car crash litigation means we know the journey ahead for car accident victims like yourself and are trained to know what amount of compensation you may need.
Determining Liability in a Los Angeles Car Crash
Determining liability is important to make sure you get the compensation that you rightfully deserve for your injuries and losses. Establishing liability can be complex in car accidents, hence it’s in your best interest to speak to Los Angeles car accident lawyers , California to determine who is liable for your accident.
California’s rule of comparative negligence plays a key role in claiming compensation for personal injury. Under the Comparative Negligence Laws of California, the compensation amount can be reduced by the percentage of responsibility you owe for the collision. Irrespective of the degree of your own negligence, you may seek compensation from the defaulting party.
For example, if the courts find you 20 percent responsible for a car accident, your compensation amount will be reduced by 20 percent and you will receive 80 percent of the awarded compensation. In order to be able to collect damages to cover your losses, you should have your case reviewed by a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles as soon as possible after the accident.
Experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm will fight aggressively to ensure that you’re not sued for a car accident that you haven’t caused.
Types of Damages Car Accident Victims can Recover
The amount of damage accident victims can recover is dependent on the
- Injuries and their severity, and
- Circumstances relating to the accident.
If you were partly responsible for the accident, the compensation amount you may be able to recover can be reduced.
Damages for personal injury claims fall under two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic Damages:
Economic damages are intended to reinstate victims in the place where they would have been if they were not injured. They are calculated by determining the amount of out of pocket losses that an aggrieved individual has or will expect to incur as a result of their injuries. Economic losses often include:
- Medical expenses
- Property Loss
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Non-Economic Damages:
Non-economic damages are essentially intended to cover losses that are hard to assign an objective monetary value. Non-economic damages may include compensation for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages:
The third type of damages that the California court may grant are known as punitive damages. Punitive damages are relatively rare, and are intended as punishment. They are only awarded when the defendant’s conduct is considered especially grievous or reprehensible.
Los Angeles Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics
Approximately 45% fatal crashes involved passenger cars in California. And despite 11% less traffic fatalities in 2018 from the previous year, Los Angeles still tops the list of counties with highest fatalities in the state of California. Here’s few motor vehicle crash statistics for the LA County (Source NHTSA 2018):
- 399 Single Vehicle Crash Fatalities
- 191 Passenger Car Occupant Fatalities
- 215 Speeding Involved Crash Fatalities
- 85 Rollover Involved Crash Fatalities
- 198 Alcohol-Impaired Driving (BAC=.08+) Fatalities
- 239 Intersection (or Intersection Related) Crash Fatalities
- January with 67 crashes was the month with the highest number of Fatal Motor Vehicle Crashes.
Farahi Law Firm - Top Rated Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
We understand how traumatic a car accident can be for victims and their loved ones, and our expert car accident attorneys in Los Angeles, California are here for help. We provide the best legal support and guidance required to make a car accident injury claim as straight-forward as possible. Here are a few more reasons why you should trust Farahi Law Firm, APC with your car accident injury claim:
- We have an established record of winning substantial amounts of compensation for personal injuries on behalf of injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians , cyclists and motorcyclists.
- We use expert medical evidence to demonstrate the immediate and long-term consequences of any sustained injuries.
- We make sure that at-fault party pay for all the consequences of the accident.
- We have close ties with doctors, to ensure that you get expert care to help you recover quickly.
Farahi Law Firm, APC is a top rated car accident law firm in Los Angeles, who has the expertise and strong track record that you need to resolve or litigate your car accident claim effectively. Our team of dedicated Los Angeles car accident lawyers can help you navigate this tough process, and hold those liable for the injuries accountable. Injured in a car accident in Los Angeles? Contact us at (310) 601-4925 to schedule a free consultation.
Our Practice Areas
Our Clients Testimonials
Like and Follow Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
The process of obtaining compensation for a car accident is indeed complex, and your legal rights could be affected by missing a deadline or misfiling. In addition, the insurance companies have their well-paid lawyers and adjusters who are well-trained to reduce or deny your claims. An experienced car accident lawyer at Farahi Law Firm, APC can take the stress of the accident off your shoulders and improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
If you are injured in a car accident and the at-fault driver is uninsured or carries inadequate bodily injury limits on their policy, you can pursue a claim under your uninsured/under-insured motorist (UM/UIM) bodily injury coverage. And if you don’t have UM coverage and want compensation, the only other option is to file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver. Expert advice from a car accident lawyer is always a great help in such situations.
The insurance company of the at-fault driver may try to get a recorded statement from you, and may even ask you questions that are irrelevant to the incident but can be used against you when making a claim. You may politely deny talking to them and ask them to speak with your lawyer.
Don’t worry, it’s not going to burn a hole in your pocket. A vast number of personal injury lawyers including those at Farahi Law Firm, APC are willing to take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you only pay the attorney, if your case is successful and you recover a settlement from the defendant.
Yes. A passenger has every right to sue a careless or irresponsible driver who caused an accident in which he or she has been injured. As a car passenger, you are always in a win-win situation. Whether it’s your car driver’s fault or the other driver’s negligence in the accident, you can make a claim from either party.