A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Los Angeles Defective Drugs Lawyers Attorneys
Are you a victim of defective pharmaceutical drug injury? Farahi Law Firm’s exceptional defective drugs lawyers in Los Angeles have a zeal for justice and willingness to vigorously advocate on behalf of the victims to get them a rightful compensation. We understand the process of filing a drug defect lawsuit can be challenging and stressful at times, and would be there to support you every step of the way. Contact us for a free consultation today.
It’s a disturbing fact that defective drugs change thousands lives every year. Instead of providing relief in patients’ condition, drug defects may aggravate the illness or lead to new serious medical conditions. The pharmaceutical sector is constantly expanding, and so is the increase in number of pharmaceutical negligence cases, with new drugs being launched every day. This often means constant discovery and recalling of new defective drugs.
Pharmaceutical Liability In Los Angeles
Public has no way to know whether a medication is harmful, as they aren’t expert in drugs or drugs manufacturing. It’s pharmaceutical companies duty to maintain high standards in the drug making process and deliver a safe drug in the market. If they sell unsafe drugs, cheat, hide evidence or inadequately warn about adverse side effects, or otherwise deceive customers about their products, they must be held responsible for the damages they inflict. In the State of California, pharmaceutical liability falls under the field of law known as product liability. In a case involving pharmaceutical liability there are 3 causes of action:
- Manufacturing drug defect: When a drug manufacturing process was flawed and defected drug resulted into serious drug reaction or injury, the pharmaceutical manufacturer may be held liable for the negligence. Manufacturing mistakes may occur during labeling, packaging or shipping of drugs.
- Drugs with serious side effects: Drug Manufacturers have a duty to ensure the drugs and medicines are properly tested before they are sold to the public. If a person experiences serious side effects and was not made aware of such possible risks, he or she can sue the manufacturer or the marketing company.
- Failure to warn: Often known as “marketing defects,” this happens when a drug is correctly manufactured, but the packaging does not include the appropriate instructions or warnings and or recommendations concerning the use of that particular drug. This failure to disclose proper information, makes such drugs unreasonably unsafe for consumers.
Pharmaceutical Negligence reports usually get substantial media coverage as awareness of a drug defect is obviously in the public interest. And because of the complexities of defective drug law, consider hiring qualified defective drugs lawyers in Los Angeles to advise. Their previous knowledge and awareness of Los Angeles’ drug recall rules will provide a far greater likelihood of success with a drug defect lawsuit.
Potential Defendants In A Defective Drug Lawsuit
In order to substantiate defective pharmaceutical drug injury claim, complainants must show that: He or she was injured; the drug was defective or falsely marketed; and the injury was caused by the drug defect or it’s improper marketing. Anyone in the pharmaceutical drug distribution chain can be a possible defendant in a pharmaceutical liability lawsuit. Thus, multiple parties can be held accountable in such claims, including:
- Drug Manufacturer – The drug manufacturer may be found liable in a pharmaceutical case for any of the 3 causes of action — design defects, manufacturing defects or inappropriate marketing.
- Drug Testing Labs – Before it makes its way to the consumer market, a drug has to undergo stringent testing and clinical trials. Mistakes in testing, falsification of results, or any fraudulent behavior by drug testing labs can have dangerous consequences. Negligent laboratories can be sued to recover compensation for damages as a result of their negligent conduct.
- Hospitals, Clinics or Doctors – Anyone, including doctors, hospital or a clinic, that failed to provide accurate information about drug’s side effects can be held liable for the defective drug injury.
- Pharmacy – The pharmacy will be responsible for the injuries, if a pharmacist misread the prescription and gave you the wrong dosage of a medicine or gave the wrong drug.
To hold a large-scale pharmaceutical drug manufacturer liable for manufacturing or marketing of the defective drug is a complex and difficult task. These big pharmaceutical companies will have their own drug attorneys to represent them, and the budget they will have to defend themselves in each case will be high. To begin the drug defect lawsuit process, you need to find an accomplished defective drug lawyer in Los Angeles like Farahi Law Firm, APC.
So what will Farahi Law Firm’s experienced defective drugs lawyers in los Angeles do to improve the prospects of your defective drug lawsuit or pharmaceutical negligence lawsuit? Well, our skilled drug defect attorneys will conduct thorough research to determine the pharmaceutical company’s negligence that enabled these drugs to be released to the public domain. We would also investigate the drug manufacturer’s role in greater detail, and if find any negligence on their part, will not hesitate in taking a tort action against them.
Class Action Lawsuits For Defective Drugs
Individuals who are hurt by a bad drug have the right to bring a case against the pharmaceutical company for the injury incurred. Since so many people consume these defective drugs, the number of individual plaintiffs can be in hundreds or thousands. Court allows all the plaintiffs to come together and file a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer at once.
You and your lawyer may also consider contacting the drug manufacturer personally first, because they might be willing to settle out of court to minimize the media attention your case will receive. But, it is always beneficial for an injured individual to join in a mass tort. Class action lawsuits are likely to result in quicker and more substantial compensation as compared to an individual single lawsuit.
However, you should not worry whether or not this is possible. Experienced defective drugs lawyers in Los Angeles will be sure to file your case with the proper court, whether a civil or class action suit; and he will fight hard for you in an effort to secure the compensation you need.
List of Current Defective Drug Lawsuits
Over recent years, there have been a plethora of cases aimed at defective drugs, and several other medications that have been taken out of the market following the discovery of adverse effects not previously known. If you or a loved one took either of the following medications and thereby suffered injury, contact our expert pharmaceutical negligence attorneys immediately, you might have a claim:
- Actemra: Lawsuits For Liver Injury, Heart Problems, Pancreatitis
- Belviq: Lawsuits For Pancreatic Cancer, Colon Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Lung Cancer
- SGLT2 Diabetes Drugs (Invokana, Farxiga, and Jardiance): Lawsuits For Fournier’s Gangrene, leg, foot or toe(s) amputations
- Ocaliva: Lawsuits For Serious Liver Injury
- Prilosec: Lawsuits For Acute Interstitial Nephritis or Chronic Kidney Disease
- Viberzi: Lawsuits For Pancreatitis or Sphincter of Oddi Spasm
- Uloric: Lawsuits For Cardiovascular Deaths, Heart Problems, Strokes, Kidney Failure
- Tasigna: Lawsuits For Atherosclerosis-Related Diseases, Aneurysms, Pulmonary Embolism, Renal Failure
- Victoza: Lawsuit for Pancreatic Cancer
- Zantac: Lawsuit for cancer (bladder, uterine, stomach, breast, kidney, liver, testicular and pancreatic)
- Johnson & Johnson Talc: Lawsuit for Ovarian cancer, Mesothelioma
The above list does not cover all the defective drugs that have been in circulation – and there are many more pharmaceutical products that could result in serious medical problems for patients, possibly entitling them to compensation. Farahi Law Firm, APC a top rated defective drugs law firm in Los Angeles remains well informed of drug defect announcements.
Injured as a result of taking unsafe or defective drug in LA? To begin the drug defect lawsuit process, you need to find accomplished defective drugs lawyers in Los Angeles like Farahi Law Firm, APC. Our defective drug attorneys have an established track record of winning lawsuits for our clients. Contact us today to discuss your case at (310) 601-4925
Frequently Asked Questions
My drug bottle had incorrect dosage instructions. Who is responsible?
To establish liability in such case, first thing we need is to identify when and where the error occurred. If the physician made a mistake by prescribing wrong dosage, he can be held liable for the damages. And if the pharmacy failed in reading the prescription correctly and advised wrong drug dose and frequency on the label, they can be sued for the resulted injuries. Hiring prescription drug lawyers as soon as possible will be in your best interests.
Could the drug be deemed safe when approved by the FDA?
Approval by FDA does not ensure a safe drug. It implies that the benefits greatly outweigh the risks of a medicine upon introduction to the public. New drugs are released into the market after a thorough tests and clinical trials, and a number of drug’s side effects doesn’t surface until a large number of people use it. At the same time we can’t deny from the fact that the risks of taking the drugs were misrepresented or the benefits were overstated by the pharmaceutical companies. Pharmaceutical negligence attorneys can help you protect your legal rights if injured by a defective drug. Contact us today for a free consultation.
My drug was not prescribed by the doctor, can I still claim for injuries?
Yes, you may have a chance to take legal action for your injuries from a defective drug. You can file a claim against the drug manufacturer if their negligence is proved. However as you didn’t get any prescription from the doctors, you’ll not be able to claim against the doctor or a pharmacy.
What damages can I claim if injured by a defective drug?
If you have suffered injuries as a result of a defective drug use, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering. Injured as a result of taking unsafe or defective drug in LA? Our dedicated defective drugs lawyers in Los Angeles will fight until you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
How Much Can I Win In a defective drug Lawsuit?
If you wish to file a claim for your injuries after taking defective drugs, you are probably thinking how much you can win in your lawsuit against the drug manufacturer or any other liable party. But, it is difficult to predict how much compensation you can receive before the settlement of your defective drug lawsuit. It’s for the judge or jury to decide how much you should receive from a pharmaceutical liability claim. However, you can speak with Farahi Law Firm’s experienced defective drug attorneys to help you understand the types of compensation that you are eligible to pursue if you were injured after taking defective drug.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.