Met with an Accident While Walking? Consult Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
While much has been said, written and discussed accidents involving multiple vehicles, it is pedestrian accidents which are equally alarming. As per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a pedestrian is involved in a traffic accident every 2 hours and might get injured every 8 minutes. This is alarming, as the road is meant to be used by everyone, keeping the safety of all individuals in mind.
However, negligent and distracted driving or driving without any concern for the pedestrian is a trait which is probably the reason for so many pedestrian accidents taking place. According to the data available through the National Safety Council, nearly 5900 pedestrians are killed in automobile accidents every year and 84,000 accidents involving pedestrians result in nonfatal injuries.
Apart from driver’s mistakes, other reasons for pedestrian accident can be improper crossing assistance and missing or malfunctioning stop sign.
Why do pedestrian accidents occur?
Despite the legal right of the road for everyone, many times, pedestrians are ignored by vehicle drivers. Negligent driving is one of the most prominent causes of pedestrian accidents. Other common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- The driver being distracted while driving. Texting, talking or fiddling with the radio can make you distracted enough to lose focus on the road, resulting in hitting a hapless pedestrian.
- Design defects in the crosswalk. Undistinguished crosswalks can make it difficult to differentiate between upstream and downstream traffic.
- Driving under the influence. One of the major reasons for not just pedestrian accidents but also other motor vehicle collisions is driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Over speeding. Driving above the prescribed limit makes it difficult to control the vehicle while making split-second decisions, often resulting in crashes.
- Driving without caution. It is important to slow down where traffic is expected to merge or at intersections. Turning without looking for oncoming traffic on both sides may result in you hitting a pedestrian.
- Incorrect parking. Often illegally parked cars make it difficult to see pedestrians and bicyclist, resulting in an accident.
Injuries sustained during pedestrian accidents can be catastrophic
While riding any vehicle, you exercise protection; bicyclists use helmets to protect their head. Similar protections are used by bikers. Automobiles have seat belts and airbags to protect occupants from damages. However, most pedestrians are unprepared for any such accident, and therefore end up sustaining severe injuries including:
- Lacerations, bruises and deep cuts causing damage to many organs;
- Orthopedic injuries including complex fractures;
- Facial or dental injuries which might include eye injuries resulting in vision loss;
- Head injuries resulting in concussions, traumatic brain injuries and even coma;
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Amputation of limbs;
The medical treatment for these injuries can be costly, throwing you under debt. In case you or your loved one is a victim of a pedestrian accident, you are entitled to compensation. Farahi Law Firm has experienced pedestrian accident lawyers, who can help you get adequate compensation for the trauma you endured.
California Pedestrian Accident Lawyer and Injury Attorney
According to the National Safety Council, approximately 5,900 pedestrians are killed by automobiles every year, with almost 84,000 pedestrian accidents resulting in nonfatal injuries.
If you or a loved on has been injured in a pedestrian accident, whether the accident was caused by a driver’s negligence, improper crossing assistance or even a missing stop sign, you may be entitled to compensation and you should contact your California Pedestrian Accident Lawyer and Injury Attorney immediately. Call Justin For Justice.
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents regularly occur because Los Angeles drivers are not always vigilant in watching for pedestrians, walkers and runners. These accidents take place despite the caution generally exercised by pedestrians, and are many times not their fault.
As the above statistics indicate, in an accident between a pedestrian and automobile, the pedestrian typically gets the “short end of the stick”. Our Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorneys are skilled in many areas including the following:
- Pedestrian accidents in crosswalks or at intersections
- School zone accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Running, jogger accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Public transportation accidents
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Los Angeles, you may be suffering from catastrophic ailments or permanent injuries. You may feel overwhelmed by your medical bills or you may be unable to work because of your injuries. You need the assistance of an experienced Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer who knows how to get the results you deserve in your injury case. Contact us today.