NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
California Wrongful Death Lawyers
Award Winning Law Firm
As Seen In The News
Free Case Review
Expert Wrongful Death Lawyers
Wrongful Death – is defined as a death caused, in an immediate or delayed manner, by the negligence or misconduct of an individual, group of individuals, company or organization.
When a family member or loved one dies, the complexities of a legal claim against the party or parties responsible can be overwhelming. At this already stressful and emotional time, the best course of action is to seek the guidance of a personal injury attorney with experience in wrongful death cases.
At Farahi Law Firm we work to guide the surviving family members through the complex legalities to help obtain the maximum possible compensation for their loss. If you’ve lost a loved one call your local California Wrongful Death Attorney. We are here to help you in and out of the courtroom. Call Justin For Justice.
Can Wrongful Death Lawyers Help You Against Injustice?
Though life is unpredictable, death is permanent. Coping with the loss of a loved one can be extremely difficult. It is said that there are five stages of grief; denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. People often find it difficult to come to terms with the loss of a close friend, family member or even pets. It is understandable because essentially humans are emotional by nature.
Many times, people require a lot of time to come to terms with their irreparable loss. It becomes more difficult especially if the death was wrongful and could have been avoided. This can happen due to delayed response, negligence or misconduct of an individual, group, company or organization. Dealing with emotional trauma can be difficult, it is therefore important that you have proper legal assistance to take care of wrongful death. Farahi Law Firm offers experienced wrongful death lawyers to take care of matters for you.
How to select a wrongful death lawyers?
Death of a loved one can be an emotional time. People often find it hard to focus on practical aspects like whether the death was caused by someone’s negligence, and can they pursue the person responsible for it.
It is difficult to think logically when you are in the grieving process and therefore, you must consult someone with adequate experience to handle such cases. However, finding a good wrongful death attorney from a vast sea of lawyers is a difficult task. You can take the following factors into consideration while selecting a lawyer for your case:
Though most people do not think of legal action while dealing with the death of a loved one, it is important to consider and retain an efficient wrongful death attorney. This is because, apart from emotional trauma, many times such cases also involve financial problems. Huge medical bills can send anyone into debt.
- Experience of the lawyer in your circumstances. A person dying due to medical negligence would require lawyer adept with medical laws, while one dying in a construction accident would need a lawyer well versed with construction laws.
- How much time can be devoted to your case? Generally, big lawyers have their hands full with high-profile cases. You might not get dedicated service from them. You could benefit from someone who will put all resources and their time for your case.
- Hiring attorneys are not cheap. In case an associate is working on your case, ensure that the billing is done accordingly.
- What is the general opinion (contemporaries and the general public) of the lawyer you are contemplating on hiring? You can take assistance from online reviews too.
- Find out about the credentials of the attorney through relevant state bar association website.
Adequate representation in a wrongful death case may result in significant compensation which can take care of financial burdens. Statute of limitation, which varies from state to state, exists for filing of wrongful death claim. It is therefore important that you choose wisely and fast.
Some of the types of damages suffered by parents, spouses, and children of a deceased person include:
- grief and anguish
- loss of consortium (“trauma to the marital relationship”)
- loss of income, services, protection, care and assistance provided by the deceased
- funeral expenses
- medical bills
- punitive damages may be recovered for willful or reckless conduct
Whatever the cause of your loved one’s death, we understand the difficulties you face and the grief that you are experiencing. And as your lawyers, we will work to handle the legal end of things so that you and your family focus on dealing with your grief and start healing. You can rest assured that we will remain committed to obtaining the compensation you deserve.