Los Angeles, California
Child Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
As Seen In The News
Child Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles, California
Child accident cases require counsel from genuinely caring attorneys. Farahi Law Firm’s compassionate child injury attorneys in Los Angeles, California, feel honored when parents trust us with the responsibility of protecting their child’s interests.
Our attorney believes in creating a safer and better community for our children. Thus, we fight aggressively and hold liable parties accountable for their actions in a way they deter to repeat such negligence.
If your child has been injured as a result of another person’s negligent actions, do not wait to contact us. Call (310) 601-4925 today!
To see their child injured and in pain is the greatest fear of any parent. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, each year, more than 12,000 children 0 to 19 years of age die of accidental injuries, and more than 9.2 million visit emergency departments for non-fatal injuries in the United States. Parents of injured children go through an incredibly difficult time. Our Los Angeles child injury attorneys treat the responsibility with absolute respect and integrity when parents trust us to handle their child’s case. There’s a future for injured children, and we strive hard to make it as bright as possible.
Common Types of Child Injury Cases
There is no way to keep a child absolutely safe. But, knowing the conditions in which the child was hurt can help us in finding justice. Our Los Angeles child injury attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC have found that the bulk of the cases of child injuries that we handle are linked to the following:
- Slip & Falls: Children can also suffer injuries like adults due to slip and fall accidents in unsafe premises. Unsafe stairs, wet and slippery floors are some common hazards.
- Car accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of child fatalities in the United States. Children are vulnerable to injuries even though they are properly secured in car seats. Any negligent or drunk driver can cause a collision, and your child could be hurt.
- School bus accidents: Distracted driving is the most common cause of school bus accidents. And, as a result of lack of seat belts and airbags, school children may suffer serious injuries in such accidents. If your child sustained injuries because of a poorly-maintained bus or a bus driver’s negligence, contact our expert child injury attorney in Los Angeles without any delay.
- Bicycle accidents: Cycling is a super fun activity for children of all ages, but it carries the risk of getting hit by a vehicle. Drunk, distracted, and reckless drivers often hit bicyclists leading to a wide array of serious injuries. Drivers have a moral responsibility to drive carefully and with caution for those on the road; this responsibility extends to children on their bicycles.
- Pedestrian accidents: As pedestrians, children are at high risk of getting injured due to traffic collisions. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports, one in every five children under the age of 15 killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians in 2017.
- Birth injuries: Any kind of harm to a baby that takes place during or near birth is considered as a birth injury. Common birth injuries may include lack of oxygen (birth asphyxia), undue pressure on the baby’s head or body (birth trauma), and contracting an infection or other complications. We understand a birth injury can bring pain and grief. If the injuries to your baby were the result of medical malpractice or neglect, contact our birth injury attorneys in Los Angeles today for an aggressive lawsuit.
- Playground injuries: Lack of maintenance or improperly- mounted equipment in playgrounds can result in accidents causing injuries to children. One can hold the playground operator responsible for the child’s injuries and claim compensation for the same.
- Toy-related injuries: If your child’s toy was defective or the manufacturer failed to warn you of information about hazards, an experienced child injury attorney can help you hold the company strictly liable for damages related to your child’s injury.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming pool fun can quickly turn into a tragedy. Pool owners have an obligation to secure the area, and failure to do so can result in severe injuries to children. Common swimming pool injuries are drowning, slip and fall, and electrocution.
- Dog bites: Because of their small stature, young kids are at high risk of getting severely injured in case of a dog attack or dog bite, and the emotional trauma may stay with a child for life.
- Sports injuries: More than 2.6 million children attend emergency departments a year for sports-related injuries, the CDC reports. Football, soccer, hockey, and other full-contact activities usually result in the most serious threats to players. Coaches and other activity managers are responsible for ensuring the children wear safety clothing and trained adequately for the activity undertaken.
- Daycare negligence, abuse, and neglect: Daycare child abuse and neglect include a wide variety of actions that may affect your child, including sexual assault, physical violence, confinement, malnutrition, and lack of proper monitoring. Let expert Los Angeles child injury lawyers work for you and your family while helping your child deal with their injury’s physical and emotional distress.
- Amusement park accidents: Amusement parks are considered to be fun environments for kids. Nonetheless, your child can be hurt by faulty equipment and reckless staff when they’re at an amusement park.
If your child is injured, we understand the pain and suffering. We treat your child like our own and give him a fighting chance at life by gaining the financial support necessary for medical care, lost time at school, and other losses from the responsible party. Contact our skilled child injury attorneys to discuss your case.
Severe Injuries Children suffer in an accident
Injuries like bumps, cuts, and bruises are part of growing up. But, if your child has suffered serious injuries, you deserve the answers. For cases with a major injury resulting in significant medical treatment or permanent disability, you should hire an attorney immediately to ensure your family gets the financial compensation they deserve. Below are some life-changing severe injuries children suffer in an accident:
- Head Injuries & Concussions
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Internal Organ Injury
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Compensation Available for Child Injuries
A number of different parties may be found liable, based on the circumstances of the injuries to your child. Common examples include; the at-fault car driver, the manufacturer of unsafe toy or product, school or daycare facility negligent in providing proper supervision, or swimming pool owner etc.
As a parent, your primary priority should be the recovery of your child’s health. As their medical treatment is likely to be expensive and costly, obtain legal counsel without any delay to claim compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Home care costs
- Household and vehicle modifications
- Cost of special schools or educational programs
- Permanent disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
Steps to Take After Your Child Has Been Injured
There are some steps you should follow as a parent of an injured child to ensure that your child recovers as quickly as possible and that their rights are secure, including:
- Seek Urgent Medical Attention: Urgently take your child to a hospital. And if you believe they’re fine or their symptoms are minor, prompt medical care is imperative.
- Document the Accident Details: Record as much detail about the child’s injury as possible. You should try to document where it happened, why it happened, and how it happened. Photographing the accident scene, and child’s injuries is a good idea.
- Report the Incident: Be sure that the relevant authorities are notified of the injury sustained to your kid. For example, let the teacher or principal know if the accident occurred at school. If it was the result of a traffic crash, call the cops.
- Contact Our Los Angeles Child Injury Accident Lawyers: The claims regarding child injury are challenging. You should therefore seek legal representation to maximize your chances of earning the reasonable compensation that you and your child deserve.
Contact Farahi Law Firm After Your Child Suffers An Injury
Not only do our Los Angeles child injury lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC offer aggressive and dedicated legal representation to our clients, but they also have the resources to support them. We will use the full extent of our expertise, experience, and contacts to ensure that the person responsible for the injury of your child is held accountable, whether it be an individual or a corporation. For this to be achieved, we may:
- Consult with medical professionals to evaluate the extent and associated costs of your child’s injuries;
- Thoroughly analyze the accident scenario and create a solid reconstruction with professional assistance;
- Carry out an in-depth crash scene investigation and gather evidence at the scene;
- Obtain witness statements; and
- Deal with Insurance company on your behalf
Avoid giving the insurance adjuster any recorded statement or signing the papers they carry with them, without consulting the attorneys first. If you believe that the injuries to your child have been the result of negligent acts by another person, entity, government department or corporation, speak to our expert child injury lawyers in Los Angeles immediately. Contact us for a free consultation today at (310) 601-4925.
Our Practice Areas
Our Clients Testimonials
Like and Follow Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Parents or guardians will bring the lawsuit, and they will take all the crucial decisions throughout the case together with the lawyer on behalf of the child.
90% of the cases that involve child injury are settled without the need for a lawsuit or at some time before trial. So yes your child injury case will probably be settled outside court. To ensure you are fairly compensated for your child injury claim, hire an experienced child injury attorney in Los Angeles.
You should immediately contact skilled child injury lawyers in Los Angeles, if your child is badly hurt in an accident. For many child injury cases, timely investigation and retention of facts is important. The earlier photos can be taken, the scene can be reviewed and the injuries evaluated, the more likely it is that a credible allegation can be put forward.
In a Los Angeles medical malpractice case, the statute of limitations may vary if a minor is injured. If your child is minor and victim of medical malpractice, you can file a claim :
- Within 3 years of the negligence; or
- If the minor is less than six years of age, by his or her eighth birthday.
Child injury attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC accept any personal injury claim through the contingency fee agreement. This arrangement postpones delivery of all our legal fees until after a signed settlement or jury trial verdict has effectively settled the lawsuit in your favor.