Los Angeles, California
Slip and Fall Lawyers
JUSTIN FOR JUSTICE
FARAHI LAW FIRM
Award Winning Law Firm
As Seen In The News
Expert Los Angeles Slip and Fall Lawyers
Free Case Review
Skilled Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers, California are here to protect your rights when unsafe premises cause injuries. Call Farahi Law Firm’s expert Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers as soon as possible after an accident to understand your legal options.
We are prepared to use our years of legal experience to assist you in filing a claim and recovering full and fair compensation for all losses, damages and injuries that result from your slip and fall accident.
People of all ages face the risk of slip and fall, but it is highest among the elderly. Injuries are often painful in such incidents and victims may need extensive treatment to recover.
Those who have been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence should not bear the cost of their injuries. California’s legislation allows slip and fall injury claimants to hold property owners and other liable parties accountable for their negligence.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accident
While slip and fall accidents leave many with just embarrassment, sadly they do affect hundreds of people across Los Angeles with personal injuries. Such incidents can happen anywhere at any time. Some of the most frequent cases our injuries lawyers see when it comes to slip and fall accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Wet and Slippery Floors because of liquid or some other substance. They usually happen due to spillage, leakage, weather conditions, accumulation of moisture etc. Common examples include freshly mopped floors missing warning signs, sand or dust on the stairs or ramp in hotels, and spills not cleaned up in malls or grocery stores.
- Tripping hazards or risks in offices, large shops and people’s homes. Some common hazards are cords or wires running across offices, trailing cables, empty boxes blocking paths, open file cabinets, loose or torn carpet, and cracked or uneven sidewalks.
- Broken or no handrails can result in a person losing balance or grip, and taking a serious tumble. Such accidents are quite common in places where guests rely on handrails to climb stairs e.g. parking garages, shopping centers, apartment complexes and hotels.
- Poor lighting is a serious risk because of it, people become vulnerable to slips & falls on any kind of surface.
- Uneven or damaged sidewalks or walkways with cracks or gaps can also cause slips and falls as well. While it can be difficult to determine liability in the event of an accident, there is no denying the fact that accidents occur due to damaged sidewalks.
- Open ditches or potholes without proper warning signs and fencing may lead to significant injuries.
Some of the most common places of frequent slip and fall accidents include grocery stores, restaurants, hotels, resorts, small businesses, private homes, apartments, public places like parks or sidewalk, and workplaces. It’s the property owner’s/manager’s responsibility to ensure they do provide a reasonably safe environment.
If they fail to do so and as a result someone gets hurt, he or she can sue them for their losses. In the event, you get involved in a fall accident, be sure to work with a qualified slip and fall accident attorney who can get you the rightful financial restitution in this complex legal matter.
Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accident
According to the National Safety Council, slip and fall injuries result in about 9 million emergency room visits each year. Slip and fall accidents are the second leading cause of death in the United States. Recovery from a serious injury sustained in such accidents can entail intensive medical treatment and physical therapy. Common injuries suffered in slip-and-fall accidents are:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries.
- Hip fractures.
- Shoulder injuries.
- Sprains and fractures.
- Strained muscles or tendons
- Soft tissue injuries
Regardless of the injuries that you sustained in a slip and fall accident, if the fall was not your own fault, but a result of property owner or manager’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the medical costs, loss of income and for your pain and suffering. Farahi Law Firm’s experienced Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers can help you get justice if you or a loved one were injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Steps to Take after a Trip & Fall Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Los Angeles, taking a few steps to maintain the integrity of your case is utterly critical:
- Take photographs of the site of fall showing the hazardous condition, and try to get some wide shots to show there was no warning sign.
- Take pictures of your injuries before and after medical attention.
- Report the incident to the management/property owner, and request a copy of an accident report.
- Write down the accident details in your words, so that you don’t forget the key details.
- Note down witness contact details, if any.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Speak to Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers, California as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can provide valuable assistance to you after a slip and fall accident.
- Avoid from giving any statements to the property owner’s insurer until you have conversed with your attorney.
Slip and fall accidents are very common, but cases of slip and fall can be difficult to win. For a successful claim, it is not enough to prove that the accident occurred, but it must be proven that the property owner had a duty of care, and he was incompetent in that role. An experienced slip and fall attorney by your side can help to hold negligent property owners liable for your losses.
Determining Liability in Slip and Fall Accidents
When it comes to determining liability in slip and fall accidents, it’s always a complex procedure. It’s vital to choose an expert slip and fall accident attorney who can handle all the complexities of the case while you focus on getting the proper medical treatment you need to heal.
To successfully pursue a slip and fall accident lawsuit, the injured party must prove the following three factors to show that the owner of the property or the manager has behaved negligently:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached that duty of care.
- You suffered injury as a result of the property owner’s breach.
Most of the time property owners argue that they are not liable for victim’s injuries in slip and fall accidents. They try to blame victims and say they themselves were responsible for the accident. Property owners may also claim that they were unaware of the dangerous condition that caused the accident and injuries.
Such tactics may be a major obstacle in securing your fair compensation, but our skilled Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers know how to fight back against these and other strategies used by insurance firms to deny liability.
Types of Damages Victims may Recover
We fully realize the financial and emotional ramifications of a slip and fall accident. That’s why our Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers are committed to get you the maximum compensation you deserve for your personal injuries while you focus on recovery. The economic and non-economic compensatory damages in a slip & fall accident includes:
- Medical costs to cover the injuries sustained by the slip and fall incident, including hospital, doctor, and prescription bills; will also include expected potential medical expenses.
- Loss of earnings from missing work, and earnings that you will lose in the future, as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering to compensate for pain endured during and after the accident.
- Emotional distress to compensate for the psychological trauma after an accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life, to compensate for the painful way life has changed since the incident, mostly because the victim is not able to follow his hobbies or other activities as before.
- Loss of consortium, for the deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship arising from injuries sustained due to the accident.
The State of California also provides punitive damages that are not meant to “make up” for all that the victim has suffered in the accident, but to punish the individual or persons responsible for it.
Timeline of a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in Los Angeles
Time is of essence when it’s about justice. The statute of limitations on slip and fall accidents in Los Angeles, California is two years. This means that if you fail to file a personal injury claim within a time frame of two years, your case will be disqualified and you will not be able to receive compensation. With Farahi Law firm’s experienced Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers by your side, you can be rest assured that your case will be filed within timeline and you get timely compensation.
In order to preserve your case, call the personal injury attorneys at Farahi Law Firm as soon as possible after a slip and fall accident. Our experts can subpoena CCTV footage of your fall, negotiate with insurance companies and provide excellent legal service whilst holding the negligent parties to account.
Hire a Competent Slip and Fall Lawyer in Los Angeles
It’s not necessary a lawyer who is outstanding in one area of personal injury claims would be excellent in all other too. Thus, you should always hire lawyers specialized in slip and fall accident cases, in case you or a loved one suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident and someone else is liable for it.
Competent Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC will strive to help you obtain maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses you have suffered as a result of a slip and fall accident in Los Angeles. If you have lost a loved one in a slip and fall accident we can represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit in California. Contact us at (310) 601-4925 to schedule a free consultation.
Our Practice Areas
Our Clients Testimonials
Like and Follow Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is difficult to determine the potential value of the claim before we are able to collect the necessary facts about the case. However, all that weighs in valuing the lawsuit is the severity of the injuries, the degree of negligence involved and the long-term prognosis of the injured patient. Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC have won numerous cases both inside and outside the courtroom and have a very high success rate.
If anyone is injured in a rental house, the landlord of the property may be the one at fault, not the renter. That all relies on a variety of specific aspects like who was the visitor and whether the incident was caused by some kind of property neglect etc.
California’s statute of limitations for a slip and fall is generally two years from the date of the accident. An expert slip and fall injury lawyer will instruct you about how long you will get to sue in the wake of an incident, depending on the circumstances of your case.
If you can prove the municipality failed to maintain the area properly, and your injuries were a direct result of this negligence on their part, yes you can file a claim or lawsuit against them. However, filing a lawsuit against the government agency can be challenging, and you should consider hiring a skilled slip and fall attorney.
At Farahi Law Firm, APC we accept all personal injury cases on no win no fee basis. This means you don’t have to pay for your legal services until after we have successfully recovered compensation for the case.