Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Injured in a motorcycle crash? Farahi Law Firm’s Los Angles motorcycle accident lawyers, California defend motorcycle riders injured in collisions as well as the families of motorcyclists who die in fatal crashes.
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable on the road and are more susceptible to severe injury in vehicle collisions than motorcars, because riders lack the physical protection that an enclosed vehicle provides. Wearing helmets can help avoid head trauma, but the rest of the body is unprotected.
California is the state with the nation’s highest number of motorcycles. In California alone more than 800000 motorcycles are registered. And as per the DOT reports Los Angeles is the most dangerous county, in terms of motorcycle fatalities & injuries.
Motorcycle crash lawsuits face additional challenges in the arbitration process. Determining liability in these accidents is complicated, as the insurer can try to claim you were at fault for the incident. Insurance companies always look for ways to low ball or outright deny compensation to motorcyclists. In the event you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle crash, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Los Angeles Motorcycle accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC are here to help victims of motorcycle crashes to recover rightful compensation they deserve. And you can do that without having to think about the extra hassle of paying your counsel as we work on a “No Win, No Fee” basis. This means you don’t have to pay our fees until we recover the compensation in your case.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
For Motorcycle Accidents the main cause of death is head injuries. Studies say that helmets eliminate a sixty-nine percent chance of brain injuries. In 37 percent of crashes they help in preventing deaths. Below, our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers analyze the most serious kinds of motorcycle injuries that our clients experience.
- Brain injury – The most serious and life-changing injury that a motorcycle accident victim can suffer is brain injury. This includes a concussion or traumatic brain injury that may impair all kinds of essential functions such as memory, speech, mobility, balance, and thinking.
- Spinal cord injury – Motorcyclists are much more likely to experience a spinal cord injury from a motorcycle accident than passenger car occupants. The spinal cord binds the brain to the body, controlling impulses and movement. The effects can be devastating when the spinal cord gets damaged, sometimes resulting in partial or total paralysis. Paraplegia or Quadriplegia is
- Broken bones – Broken bones are fairly common injuries in motorcycle crashes. A motorcyclist can break a bone in his legs, arms, hands, feet, shoulder or pelvis. Certain minor fractures may heal within a couple of months, but some fractures are of serious nature and need more time for healthy recovery.
- Cuts and Lacerations – Cuts and lacerations usually affect motorcyclists in the face, arms, neck, hands and torso areas – particularly if they don’t wear protective gears. Not only are these injuries painful, but if not treated and cleaned promptly, they will result in severe infection and cause risk of tendon or nerve damage.
- Amputations – Amputations are among the most severe injuries that a motorcycle crash can inflict. The force of the collision will potentially launch a driver with enough impact from his or her vehicle to break the limbs beyond repair, requiring an emergency surgical amputation.
Given the severity and permanence of injuries in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial for the victim to consult qualified Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers who partner with a network of professional medical professionals. Although filing a case over a motorcycle crash in Los Angeles won’t heal the victim’s injuries, it will help them get justice in the form of compensation to help pay hospital costs, missed earnings and other damages resulting from the motorcycle crash.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Inexperienced riders
- Alcohol & drugs
- Distractions driving (texting, talking on a cell phone, eating etc.)
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Lane splitting
- Poor weather and road conditions
- Improper or no use of helmets
What do I do After a Motorcycle Accident?
It can be a terrifying experience to be involved in a motorcycle accident, especially if you’re severely injured in the crash. If you have been in a motorcycle crash in LA, it is critical that you act quickly to increase your chances of recovering maximum compensation.
Our competent Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers, California also recommend promptly filing a police report, seeking medical attention, documenting your treatment and accident details, collecting evidence and details about the at-fault driver, taking photographs of damages and injuries. Working with an attorney can improve the outcome of your claim, so calling an experienced motorcycle accident in Los Angeles as early as possible is vital.
What Damages can you Recover After a Motorcycle Crash in LA
If you sustain injury as a result of a Los Angeles motorcycle accident, the at-fault driver and his insurance company can owe you compensatory damages to compensate your economic and non-economic losses. You could be recovering compensation for a variety of expenses as a motorcycle accident victim.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income due to inability to work
- Loss of future earnings due to disability
- Property damage, including motorcycle repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of Consortium
While there is no typical payout you can expect for your motorcycle accident injury lawsuit, hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles will help you maximize your results.
How Long After a Motorcycle Accident can I File a Claim
The amount of time that a plaintiff has to file a compensation lawsuit against the defendant (at-fault party) is called the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in California allows an injured person two years from the day of the incident to go to trial and file a complaint against someone that may be at fault. If the injured party fails to file a compensation claim within this time-limit of jurisdiction, he or she may lose their right to recover any compensation.
Safety tips for Motorcycle Riders
Safety tips for
It can be true fun to ride a motorcycle. However, a certain level of caution is necessary, given that motorcycles are unsafe and can cause fatal injuries or death. Hence, always be extra cautious and stay alert while you enjoy riding your motorcycle. Following safety tips can help you in saving one from getting injured in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles:
- Always ride wearing a helmet
- Don’t drink and drive
- Don’t overspeed
- Maintain considerable distance from the vehicle in front
- Obey traffic laws
- Watch for road obstacles
- Be extra cautious on turns and traffic lights
- Do regular check-ups and ensure your motorcycle is in good condition.
- Wear proper safety clothing.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Some Key Findings
Motorcycle Accident Statistics –
Some Key Findings
- In 2018 , the number of motorcyclists killed in crashes fell to 4,985, a decrease of nearly 5 per cent.
- Compared to other motor vehicles, motorcycle crashes are 27 times more likely to cause a fatality.
- In 2018, 31 percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were speeding, more than drivers of any other vehicle type.
- Of the all drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2018, the proportion of alcohol-impaired drivers (BAC=.08+ g/dL) was highest among motorcycle riders in both rural (24%) and urban areas (26%).
- Helmets are estimated to be effective at 37 per cent for preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle riders and 41 per cent for motorcycle passengers. Motorcycle helmet use saved an estimated 1,872 lives in 2017.
- 221 vehicles involved in fatal crashes involving motorcycles and 114 motorcyclists lost their lives in Los Angeles in 2018.
- Males in age group 25-34 are more likely to get injured severely in collisions-involved motorcycles.
- Harley-Davidson (26%) is the most common brand of motorcycle ridden at the time of collision.
List of 10 Dangerous Intersections in Los Angeles
According to the FARS report, there were 34 per cent motorcycle crashes at intersections compared to other locations. For motorcyclists, stats above indicate intersections can be dangerous. Even a minor negligence can cause serious injury to a motorcyclist. For motorcyclists and other motor vehicle drivers, therefore, it is essential to obey traffic rules and stay alert, looking at intersections in both ways. Here’s a list of 10 most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles:
- DEVONSHIRE ST & RESEDA BL
- IMPERIAL HWY & VISTA DEL MAR
- BALBOA BL & NORDHOFF ST
- RESEDA BL & ROSCOE BL
- LINDLEY AV & ROSCOE BL
- ROSCOE BL & VAN NUYS BL
- SHERMAN WY & WOODMAN AV
- VAN NUYS BL & VICTORY BL
- SHERMAN WY & WOODMAN AV
- VAN NUYS BL & VICTORY BL
At Farahi Law Firm, APC our Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorneys are fully committed to protect the rights of those injured in a motorcycle crash. If you sustained an injury in a Los Angeles motorcycle accident, we can ensure your needs are fulfilled, and your right to compensation is guarded. If you have questions regarding your motorcycle injury claim, our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers will be pleased to explain your legal options and put your mind at ease. Contact us today for a free legal consultation at (310) 601-4925.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should not try to handle your motorcycle accident injury claim on your own. Cases relating to personal injury are complex and require legal expertise. Motorcycle accident lawyers in Los Angeles are experts in the area, they will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and fight for the full amount you are entitled to receive.
You should contact the lawyer at the earliest opportunity. The statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims in California is two years from the date of your accident. A lawsuit must be filed before this deadline passes.
Motorcycle accident attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC treat cases of personal injuries on a contingency fee basis, ensuring you don’t incur attorney costs until you recover compensation through a settlement or trial. We also advance the expenses involved with trying the prosecution in most cases, such as payments for copying, trial costs and fees for expert witnesses.
Yes, you should always contact the police after a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles. After a motorcycle accident, when you call the police, an officer will come to the accident scene, write a report and get the contact information from everyone involved. This police accident report can be the best evidence and enhance your chances of compensation recovery.
California is the country’s first state to legalize lane splitting. California Vehicle Code 21658.1 defines motorcycle lane splitting (also called lane filtering, lane sharing, or white-lining) as “means driving a motorcycle, that has two wheels in contact with the ground, between rows of stopped or moving vehicles in the same lane, including on both divided and undivided streets, roads, or highways.”
California Vehicle Code Section 27803 requires all motorcycle drivers and passengers to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.