Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Free Case Review
AS SEEN IN THE NEWS
As Seen in the News
Expert San Pedro Car Accident Attorneys to Represent Your Case
Being involved in a vehicular accident can lead to great emotional and financial stress for you and your loved ones. When in an accident, the state of shock you are subjected to can make you not realize the full extent of your injuries or property damage, leading to rash decisions that will affect you negatively.
Lucky for you, our team of experienced auto accident attorneys in San Pedro are here to help you through this difficult time. Regardless of the injuries you suffered or the damage to your vehicle, we will fight to win for you the maximum compensation available and hold the ones responsible for your pain and suffering accountable.
If you or someone you know were injured in a vehicular collision, contact us for a free consultation of your case at (310) 774-8015. Your justice is our cause!
How can a lawyer help your case
It is common to think that a car accident claim is easier to resolve just by getting in an agreement with the other party or their insurance. While this is the seemingly easy way out, it will do more harm than good in the long run.
Sure, for a small fender bender you would seldom take legal action since both the damage to your car and injuries are minor and would have no long-term consequence.
But when getting in a serious accident, just letting insurance handle your claim is detrimental. Not only will they not get the real value of your injuries, but your property damage will not even be estimated as it should.
Letting insurance handle your claims will not get you the real compensation you deserve, and the adjusters will try to hold you at fault to diminish or nullify your compensation as much as possible.
When you get in a serious vehicular collision the best course of action is contacting an experienced personal injury attorney to handle the claims or eventual lawsuit for you. A personal injury attorney will:
- Get the real value of your injuries
- Handle your medical bills and treatment
- Give you the best course of action to take
- Fight against low ball offers from insurance companies
- Win the maximum compensation you deserve
Why Farahi Law Firm is the best choice for you
As we said before, getting a personal injury attorney to handle your claim is the best course of action you can take after getting in a serious vehicular collision. Trying to handle it on your own can be extremely stressful and you’ll be bombarded by all sides to close it as fast as possible.
Farahi Law Firm goes against that. We will help you through every step of the process and handle everything for you. With us, by your side, you will only need to focus on recovering your health and getting back on your feet.
Handling insurance documents, legal forms, and medical billings on your own is a thing of the past. With our excellent team of customer service agents, medical examiners, case handlers, lawyers, and demand writers we will:
- Give you the necessary guidance for your case.
- Introduce you to a highly qualified case manager
- Do a thorough evaluation of your injuries and property damage
- Put you in contact with the best doctors to get the best medical treatment for your injuries
- Collect the necessary evidence and open your property damage claim
- Have your attorneys evaluate the case on your behalf
- Request and collect the necessary medical billings for your treatment
- Prepare your demands against the party at fault
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance adjusters your rightful settlement amount
- If the negotiations are successful, we’ll agree on your settlement amount with the other parties involved
- If they aren’t we’ll take your case into litigation and will fight on your behalf in a court of law
- After your case is settled, we’ll negotiate the medical expenses for your treatment
- Handle the distribution of all costs, fees, and your settlement payment
- Close the case
Our award-winning law firm will not leave you out on your own. Our prime customer service experience and client-driven process of handling claims have made won us multiple awards and made us the best personal injury law firm in Southern California.
Contrary to others that would just treat your case as a number on a file cabinet we will always follow up with you and keep you in the know regarding every way we proceed.
Regardless of the type of accident you were a victim of we can help you with:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Wrongful death
And many more areas of personal injury. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident don’t hesitate to contact us. We will get you the medical treatment you need and win for you the money you deserve.
What are the most common types of vehicular accidents in San Pedro
Not all accidents are the same, depending on the type of accident it will determine what kind of vehicular damage and even injuries you might suffer. From the thousands of clients we have helped over the years we have determined that the most common types of car accidents are:
1. Head-on collisions: they are considered the deadliest type of accident. It involves two vehicles traveling in the opposite direction, and as such the forces at play can leave the drivers and passengers seriously injured.
2. Rear-end collisions: They are categorically the most common type of car accident, rear-end collisions account for about 30% of all motor vehicle crashes. They occur when the front bumper collides with another car’s rear. Normally the driver that hits someone in the back bumper is commonly at fault.
3. Sideswipes: When two cars are traveling in parallel, and their sides impact one another it is called a sideswipe or side-impact collisions. They can occur when one of the cars tries to overtake a car without noticing them or fails to merge in another lane, hitting the vehicle beside them.
4. T-bone accidents: They happen when one car crashes head-on into the side of another car while traveling at high speed. This kind of accident is especially dangerous for the driver or passenger depending on the side of impact since they are the ones receiving the brunt force of impact.
5. Chain reaction accidents: Happens when vehicles are traveling too close to one another or road conditions are poor, and a single-vehicle collision makes other vehicles get involved.
6. Rollover accidents: these accidents happen when one or more vehicles in an accident end up on their side or upside down. They can be categorized as tripped rollovers and untripped rollovers.
Tripped rollovers happen when an object on the road causes a car to flip over. An untripped rollover happens when the driver losses control while trying to avoid an object or person on the road causing them to flip on their side or on the back of the vehicle.
7. Low-Speed contact accidents: While normally having minor repercussions and are not overall deadly are frequent. Normally they are caused when a driver tries to drive through tight spaces. Commonly they are categorized as accidents that happen at 10 miles per hour or less.
8. Single vehicle accident: They involved only one vehicle and happen when a driver crashes into another object like a tree, a fence, or a streetlamp. Young drivers traveling at high speeds or driving aggressively are common causes for single-vehicle accidents. Weather conditions also play a role in single-vehicle accidents and with 21% of all motor vehicle accidents being weather-related.
Understanding Liability and Negligence Laws in San Pedro
California rules itself under the rules of comparative negligence. Meaning that compensation depends on the degree of fault that one had in an accident. There’s the misconception that if you had some fault in your accident you cannot pursue compensation.
This situation would be true if we lived in a contributory negligence state. But you should have no fear, only 4 states in the country still operate under contributory negligence laws.
Thanks to comparative negligence laws if you weren’t the party principally at fault, you are entitled to seek a personal injury claim and the compensation that comes with it.
This means that if for example, you were 20% at fault for an accident you can still receive 80% of compensation for your accident.
Aside from the negligence laws in California, we should also be mindful of liability and how it is determined. Liability determines the fault someone had in an accident. Insurance adjusters most of the time will try to hinder your claim and deny liability for their client.
But thanks to our expert team of medical and property damage examination we will successfully protect you and hold the ones at fault responsible for your injuries and material losses.
To do this we will:
- Collect the appropriate evidence for you
- File all the necessary documents and reports
- Do a proper evaluation of your injuries
- Refer you to the best doctors for treatment
- Handle all insurance claims and documents for you
- Evaluate your property damage to determine the real value and causes of it
Understanding the Statute of Limitations
According to the laws in California, after being involved in an accident you only have a limited amount of time to take legal action against the party or parties at fault, this is known as the Statute of Limitations.
In most states of the US, the status of limitations is normally 2 years from the date of the accident if it involved two or more private parties (meaning individuals like you or me).
There’s an important exception, when the accident involved or was the fault of a public entity such as a government-owned vehicle or was caused by road defects, you’ll only have 6 months from the date of the accident to proceed legally against the public.
Another important exception is when the accident involved a minor or the death of a parent. In this situation, if the one that wants to proceed legally is a minor then the two years of the statute of limitation begin from the day the individual turns 18 instead of the date of the accident.
How to prevent car accidents in San Pedro
The best way to avoid car accidents is to prevent them. Practicing defensive driving and being aware of other vehicles beside you on the road is paramount to travel safely on the road.
Some key defensive driving practices that will help you prevent accidents are:
- Pull into traffic slowly: Be aware of other drivers around you. Keep high awareness of blind spots such as the ones in the rearview mirror and behind the windshield pillars or road signs when pulling into traffic.
- Watch out for red-light runners: Slowly count down to three before entering an intersection on a green light. Look both ways and be sure no one is traveling at high speeds through a yellow light.
- Keep your hands on the steering wheel: Reduce car distractions such as changing radio stations or songs on your phone, eating, or taking your hands off the wheel unless necessary (such as shifting gears on a stick-shift car)
- Watch out for kids: Children have the habit of suddenly popping out between parked cars and into roadways. If you are going through a residential neighborhood, pay special attention to kids playing on the street and drive slowly.
- Perform regular maintenance on your car: Avoid sudden stalls or other vehicular failures by performing regular maintenance. Among the most common procedures to keep your ride in good condition are oil changes and checkups and keeping tires properly inflated.
- Scan 12 seconds ahead: Always concentrate on areas where you will be driving in about 10 seconds. When on the highway, position yourself far enough from other vehicles that a sudden stop would let you swerve and avoid a collision.
- Do not tailgate: Leave a 3 to 5-second cushion between you and the cars ahead of you. Tailgating might be tempting when in a hurry, but it is also a huge cause of car accidents. It is better to get a little bit late to your destination than not getting there at all, always remember that.
- Keep your distance: Drive far enough both in front and behind other vehicles so anyone can make a sudden stop without causing a major accident.
It is also important that at the bare minimum you learn some of the basic laws and regulations of the California Vehicle Code. While you don’t need to memorize everything, it will help you practice safe driving and abide by local regulations so you don’t have any problems on the road.
You are not alone! We are here to help.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, get in touch with us. Our attorneys and legal teams are ready to fight for your rights and win for you the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries and property damage.
You won’t have to stress out with budgeting for treatment nor hunting around for affordable doctors. We will take care of everything, referring you to doctors, handling your medical and property damage bills, talking to insurance adjusters… you name it, we do it.
Don’t wait to get the treatment and compensation you deserve, call us today at (310) 744-8015 for a free review of your case. We work on a no win – no fee basis, meaning that until we win your case, you don’t have to pay us anything whatsoever.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, CALL 911 AND THEN CALL FARAHI LAW FIRM RIGHT AWAY.
We can help you get the medical treatment you need and the maximum compensation you deserve.
Don’t worry about fees. We will not charge you anything unless we win — and we will. Call Farahi Law’s expert brain injury lawyers for FREE Consultation. Available 24/7
Free Case Evaluation
No Fees Unless we Win!