San Pedro, California
Car Accident Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Car Accident Lawyers in San Pedro, California
Being involved in a car accident is extremely stressful for you and your loved ones. Never mind talking about injuries or material costs that can come from being a victim of the negligence of other drivers. With California being the second state with the most car accident fatalities in the nation, is why Farahi Law Firm works hard and fast to get you fair compensation after your accident. Regardless of any injuries you might suffer from a reckless driver and the after-effects that can come from the incident.
The shock that comes from being in a car accident is something scary, you might not realize the full extent of your injuries or the damage to your vehicle. That’s why our team of experienced San Pedro car accident and personal injury lawyers care about you. We strive to help in every way possible because your well being and satisfaction is our prime concern.
What Steps Should You Take When Involved in a Car Accident?
With the continued expansion of the San Pedro district in Los Angeles, it is no surprise more cars hit the road every day. With more people moving in and more cars on the streets, the probability of getting in an accident increases exponentially, be it from a drunk driver, a distracted one, or some kid chasing his soccer ball into the street making someone veer suddenly. Here are some important measures you should take when getting in a car crash:
- Do not panic and move to a safe area if possible.
- If able, call 911 immediately, emergency services will provide vital assistance in the immediate time frame after the accident.
- Do not leave the scene until emergency services arrive and take your statement.
- Exchange information with the other party. Write down all their contact info and insurance data.
- Write down any witness details.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, injuries, and car damages, etc.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t feel any pain, the shock from the crash might have made you numb to any physical injury.
- Inform your insurance company and don’t speak to the other party’s insurer until you have contacted an attorney, insurance companies are known for their predatory practices to lower your fair compensation.
- Get in touch with our exceptional team of car accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm APC.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in San Pedro, California
Not only should we take the steps mentioned before and after getting involved in an accident, but also how to prevent them. Knowing the main causes of car accidents not only in San Pedro but in general can help us stay safe while on the road, here are the main causes of car accidents:
- Going over the Speed limit: Speeding is one of the leading causes of accidents all around the globe. While people like the feeling that comes with putting the pedal to the metal, speeding can lead to the loss of control of your vehicle,or incorrectly timing your brakes if a vehicle suddenly stops in front of you on an intersection.
- Intoxication: Every year, more than 500 thousand people fall victim to a drunk driving accident, making alcohol-related accidents making up for 1/3rd of all the vehicular accidents in the U.S. During the holiday season, the risk increases exponentially with more people partying and going out. Alcohol and Drug use while driving is extremely dangerous and puts not only your life at risk but others as well.
- Tailgating: Leaving enough space between your vehicle and the one driving in front of you is extremely important. Driving too close to another vehicle is referred to as tailgating. Driving like this leaves little room for maneuver if the car in front of you hits their breaks unexpectedly and can lead to a serious incident involving two or more vehicles. Especially if you are in a high traffic area. With 28% of all car crashes being the result of a rear-end collision, tailgating is one of the leading causes of this according to the NHTSA.
- Dangerous Lane Changes: A great number of accidents involving side swiping and rear-ending happen because of the driver not signaling lane changes or abruptly cutting in front of others while changing lanes. Always check mirrors, avoid blind spots, obey the speed limits and use your signals when changing lanes to avoid an accident.
- Road designs and maintenance:Situational causes like unmaintained roads, potholes, slippery surfaces, poor design, and lack of traffic signs can lead to an accident. Always be aware of your area to avoid accidents caused not by others but by the road itself.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Get
When Being Involved in a Car Accident?
The factors that determine what kind of compensation you can get when involved in a car accident are the severity of your injuries and any economic costs incurred as a result of the accident (loss of vehicle, body shop repairs, damaged items, etc.)
The car accident attorney on your case will understand how the incident has affected your quality of life and will take them all into account when determining the right compensation for you. The state of California places compensatory damages for car accidents and personal injuries in two categories:
- Economic damages: They are intended to cover any amount of money the victim has spent or will be required to spend in the future. Medical bills, loss of wages, loss of earning capacity, and property damage are included in this category.
- Non-economic damages: This category includes subjective losses such as pain, emotional distress, physical impairment, and an overall loss of quality of life.
There are situations where the party at fault’s conduct might be found reprehensible or especially grievous. Because of this, punitive damages may be awarded in addition to the compensatory damage. This is done to punish and discipline the offender and dissuade others from engaging in such behavior.
Why Hiring a Car Accident Attorney is in Your Best Interest?
If your accident caused serious injuries that had a major impact on your life, contacting an attorney is especially important. With a qualified car accident attorney by your side, you can be sure that your rights are protected, and you have a better chance of receiving the highest possible compensation.
- A car accident lawyer will help you collect and evaluate evidence that establishes who was at fault and what your injuries are worth.
- Understanding the severity of an injury can be challenging, a knowledgeable car accident attorney can help you get in contact with qualified medical professionals who will determine the injury claims correctly.
- Medical bills piling up after an accident, coupled with the loss of income, can seriously damage your personal finances. A professional car accident attorney will get you compensated for any lost wages and any expenses incurred during your medical treatments be it short or long term.
- Pursuing a lawsuit because of a car accident is the best way to get compensated for your losses. An expert car accident attorney can help you reach fair and higher settlements.
- It is common for the party at fault to pursue scare tactics and unfair tricks to lower the amount of compensation you are entitled to. A car accident lawyer will never fall for them and will stand fast to defend you and get the compensation you deserve.
We understand how traumatic a car accident can be for victims and their loved ones, and our expert car accident attorneys in San Pedro, California are here to help. We provide the best legal support and guidance required to make a car accident injury claim as straight-forward as possible on a “No win no fee” basis. Here are a few more reasons why you should trust Farahi Law Firm, APC with your car accident injury claim:
- We have an established record of winning substantial amounts of compensation for personal injuries on behalf of injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- We use expert medical evidence to demonstrate the immediate and long-term consequences of any sustained injuries.
- We make sure that the at-fault party pays for all the consequences of the accident.
- We have close ties with doctors, to ensure that you get expert care to help you recover quickly.
Farahi Law Firm, APC is home to the highest qualified car accident attorneys in San Pedro, California, with the expertise and strong track record that you need to resolve or litigate your car accident claim effectively. Our team of dedicated San Pedro car accident lawyers can help you navigate this tough process and hold those liable for all your troubles accountable.
Have you gotten injured in a car accident in San Pedro, California? Do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation at (310) 774-8015.
Free Case Review
Like and Follow Us
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.