San Pedro, California
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in San Pedro, California
Getting in a Motorcycle accident is an extremely scary experience. Most of the time, motorcycle riders leave an accident with more severe injuries than any other motorist. That’s why our team of expert motorcycle accident lawyers will go to any lengths necessary to ensure you are fairly compensated with the maximum amount possible for any troubles a negligent driver could cause you or your loved ones. Sadly, other types of passenger vehicles take little to no precautions regarding motorcycle drivers. Motorcycle accidents can not only lead to extensive injuries but can be fatal in most cases.
Thanks to the statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safe Administration (NHTSA), we can see that motorcycle riders are the most represented group in traffic accident fatalities. Nearly five thousand motorcyclists were involved in lethal motorcycle accidents in 2018 alone.
Contacting an experienced motorcycle accident attorney is vital to make sure your claims are considered in court and getting fair restitution for all damages to your person and your material goods. We at Farahi Law Firm APC are determined to help you reach that goal and get you even higher settlement amounts than normal for all the trouble being involved in a motorcycle accident makes you go through.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Injuries from motorcycling accidents are no plaything. Being involved in a motorcycle accident give you serious and long-term injuries that will affect your quality of life. While it is true that following the safety recommendations like wearing protective clothing and a helmet will lower the risk of injury, it will not make it go away totally. Below we outline the most common injuries related to motorcycle accidents:
- Brain injury: Brain injuries are the most catastrophic injury one can get in a motorcycle accident. Even when wearing a helmet there’s the risk of suffering a serious injury like concussions, loss of speech capabilities, acute memory loss, and loss of one or more bodily functions.
- Spinal cord injury:While spinal cord injuries are one of the most common types of injury in any kind of vehicular accident, motorcyclists are the most at risk. Suffering a serious injury to your back can lead to immense pain at best, at worst it could lead to diminished motor control and even partial or full-body paralysis.
- Broken bones:Broken bones are common injuries in motorcycle crashes. A motorcyclist can break a bone in his legs, arms, hands, feet, shoulder, or pelvis. Certain minor fractures may heal within a couple of months, but some fractures are serious and need more time for a healthy recovery.
- Cuts and Lacerations:Cuts and lacerations usually affect motorcyclists in the face, arms, neck, hands, and torso areas particularly if they don’t wear protective gear. Not only are these injuries painful, but if not treated quickly they can lead to infections, nerve damage, or unrepairable muscle and tendon damage.
- Amputations:Amputations are among the most severe injuries that a motorcycle accident can cause. The force of the collision will potentially launch a driver with enough impact from his or her vehicle to break the limbs beyond repair, requiring an emergency surgical amputation.
Most Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents
There are several causes of motorcycle accidents. Our team of serious motorcycle accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm APC will help you with your case regardless of the cause of it. Here we outline the most common causes for Motorcycle Accidents in San Pedro, California:
- Cars taking a left-hand turn
- Lane splitting
- Alcohol and drug use Distracted driving
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Dangerous road conditions
- Motorcycle defects
- Inexperienced riders
What Can You Do to be Safer While Riding?
Because of the overrepresentation of motorcyclists in vehicular accidents, motorcycle owners should take extra precautions when going own on their favorite two-wheeled vehicle. Motorcycle riding can be extremely fun and liberating, that’s why to avoid accidents you should follow the following safety tips:
- Never go over the speed limit, treat your motorcycle as if it was a normal 4 wheeled car.
- Always wear a helmet and safety equipment
- Practice your riding skills in a safe space and don’t get overconfident
- Never ride under the influence
- Maintain proper distance with other vehicles
- Watch for obstacles and hazardous road conditions
- Do regular checkups and ensure your ride is in perfect conditions to hit the road.
It is common for motorcyclists to be blamed in accidents by both the party at fault and insurance companies, who will try every trick in the book to not only reduce the fair compensation you are entitled to. Getting an experienced and serious Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyer is the best course of action you could take to prevent the other party from shifting the blame from the accident to you.
What Compensation Can You Get in a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
Depending on the steps you take when involved in a motorcycle accident as well as the severity of it you are entitled to fair compensation for any troubles the accident might have created for you. Right after a collision, contact a skilled and experienced San Pedro Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to defend your rights and get you fair compensation. You can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
We Are Here for You
If you or one of your loved ones needs advice or consultation for your case don’t hesitate to contact Farahi Law Firm’s offices in San Pedro at (310) 744-8015. We work on a “No win, no fee” basis, which means you don’t have to spend a cent until we win your case. Contact us if you need help with a motorcycle accident claim. We will do everything in our power to help and ensure you are fairly compensated for all your troubles. We are available 24 hours a day, the seven days of the week.
Free Case Review
Like and Follow Us
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.