Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen in the News
San Pedro Back Injury Attorneys
As a top injury law firm in San Pedro, CA, we know how a person’s quality of life can be affected as a consequence of an injured back. Our expert team of back injury lawyers is glad to help the victims and their families to get back on their feet as soon as possible.
Being one of the Top 100 personal injury firms in the nation, we provide the best legal counseling available to ensure you get the maximum financial restitution as possible so you can rest and recover while we deliver justice and hold the ones at fault for your injuries accountable. With an expert personal injury attorney by your side, all the stress that comes from dealing with medical bills, insurance companies, and legal matters is something of the past. We will handle all the complexities while you heal.
Living with a back injury can be challenging, as it may require long-term medical treatment. Not only quality of life lessens exponentially, but all the costs from medical bills, medication or nursing can quickly pile up. Such losses and damages may not be evident at first, which is why the victim or their family should immediately contact a qualified back injury lawyer to protect their rights and ensure their wellbeing.
Common Causes of Back or Spinal Injuries
There are several reasons why we could injure our backs, but it is not uncommon for them to come from external trauma. Here are some common causes of back or spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Sports or Exercise Related Injuries
- Violent Acts
- Medical Malpractice
Back injuries, in most cases, are related to spinal cord injuries, which can be catastrophic. Having a spinal cord injury can bring life-long consequences to the victim. From movement and other motor issues to paralysis, having a back or spinal cord injury can be devastating for the victim and their family.
What is a Back Injury?
Damage, wear, or trauma to the bones, muscles, or other tissues are common in back injuries. The lower back is the most prominent location for back injuries and back pain. Common back injuries include sprains, strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae. The common symptoms include:
- Dull, aching sensation in the lower back,
- Stabbing or shooting pain radiating down the legs,
- Inability to stand up straight without feeling pain,
- Decreased range of motion and diminished ability to flex the back.
Lower back pain is mostly related to damage to the back muscles or ligaments. Back injuries can occur for varied reasons like lifting heavy objects, overexertion during exercising, poor sitting posture, and even sleeping on an old mattress. There may also be minor injuries caused by tripping and falling or sudden spine twisting. Severe back injuries can occur from car accidents, falling from substantial heights, blunt hits to the back, or a penetrating injury such as a stab wound.
Common Back Injuries
Back injuries can range from mild to severe. Knowing what kind of injury we have is the first step to getting proper treatment. Here are the most common types of back injury:
- Sprain or strain. This injury causes aches or stiffness that affect your upper arm, shoulder, back, or neck. When you have a pinched nerve, you might also experience shooting pain in your hand or fingers.
- Torn or ruptured disc. A disc herniation happens when a disc moves from its stable place. When it compresses the spinal cord or nerves, it can result in severe pain in the lower back and numbness in the legs. This injury can also cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, or pain in the shoulders or arms.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI). If your spinal cord is damaged, you might experience a loss of sensation in some parts of your body, and you might be unable to control functions like your bladder, bowels, or sexual functions. You could also experience spasms or intense reflexes.
- It is the most common injury sustained during a rear-ended car accident. It happens when your torso jerks forward and your lower extremities remained restrained in the car seat. Whiplash involves damage to soft tissues like muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the neck and back, creating severe pain.
- Lumbar sprain While the pain related to a lumbar sprain can go away on its own, not correctly treating it can lead to nerve damage, which in turn causes intense pain and prevents us from using our full range of motion.
- Spinal stenosis According to the Spine Institute, leaving spinal stenosis untreated can lead to severe nerve damage to the lower half of the body, with numbness and pinching pain appearing on the knees, thighs, and buttocks. Symptoms could also spread to the shoulders and arms.
- Spondylolisthesis/spinal fractures. Nerves and the spinal canal are being compressed by the fractured bones. Due to this, you may experience pain and numbness. It occurs most frequently when a car is rear-ended at high speed.
- It is defined as an inability to perform voluntary motions and movements due to loss of muscle control. Paralysis is usually the result of an accident in which the head, brain, and spinal cord were severely injured. Depending on the type of bodily paralysis suffered, it can lead to the loss of motor function on one or more muscle groups severely lowering the quality of life of the affected.
How Can a Back Injury Lawyer Seek Compensation?
A specialized back injury lawyer can seek compensation when your injuries are caused by the negligence of others. Some types of negligence are:
- Failure to make premises safe for tenants
- Distracted driving from another motorist
- Substandard medical care or medical malpractice
- Usage of a defective product that failed to be recalled
- Unsafe workplace conditions
Not only can your back-injury attorney pursue legal action due to other’s negligence but also for intentional actions that made you suffer an injury.
Get in Touch with Us!
If you or one of your loved ones has had the misfortune of suffering a back injury either in the workplace or due to another’s negligence, you are entitled to monetary compensation. Get in touch with Farahi Law Firm, APC, home of an expert team of back injury lawyers in San Pedro, CA. We charge no fees until we win your case. We care about you! We are available 24/7, you can call us free of charge at (310) 744-8015.