Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Free Case Review
AS SEEN IN THE NEWS
As Seen in the News
Expert Slip and Fall Attorneys to Represent Your Case
One of the most common injuries in our daily life is slipping and falling due to an unsafe surface. While everyone has been in that position, it can pose a serious risk to our health, with it growing as we grow older. Thankfully, California’s legislation allows you to file a claim for compensation in the case you are involved in a Slip and Fall Accident
With years of experience behind us, our team of expert lawyers at Farahi Law Firm APC can assist you to receive the compensation you deserve in the case you have an accident on unsafe premises. We believe in not blaming the victim of an accident for their injuries and always seek to get you fair compensation and holding the ones at fault for your problems accountable.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accident
Injuries from slip and fall accidents are some of the most common reasons for admission into the ER. According to the CDC, more than half a million patients are admitted into a hospital because of injuries regarding slipping and falling.
Here are some of the most common causes of a slip and fall injury:
- Wet and Slippery Floorsnormally due to the presence of liquid on the floor of the premises. Normally happens due to spillage, weather conditions, and accumulation of moisture. Common examples include freshly mopped floors missing warning signs, sand or dust on the stairs or ramp in hotels, and spills not cleaned up in malls or grocery stores.
- Tripping hazards Some common hazards are cords or wires running across offices, trailing cables, empty boxes blocking paths, opened file cabinets, loose or torn carpet, and cracked or uneven sidewalks.
- Broken or no handrailscan result in a person losing balance or grip and taking a serious tumble leading to a very serious injury and even life-threatening situations. Such accidents are quite common in places where guests rely on handrails to climb stairs like parking garages, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and hotels.
- Poor lightingis one of the situations where we are at serious risk of having a slip and fall accident. Because we rely on our sight to be aware of our surroundings, if a place isn’t well lit we run into the risk of not seeing other hazards in our way.
- Uneven or damaged sidewalks and walkways with cracks or gaps can also you to slip and fall. While it can be difficult to determine liability in the event of an accident, there is no denying that poorly maintained sidewalks and streets are a common cause of accidents.
- Open ditches or potholes without proper warning signs and fencing may lead to significant and even life-threatening injuries.
Hotels, supermarkets, office spaces, poolsides, or even apartment buildings are some of the most common places for slip and fall accidents. Even when we think tripping and falling due to some hazard might be our fault for not paying attention to our surroundings, it is the responsibility of the property owner or manager to follow proper safety precautions.
The failure to provide a safe environment for you or your loved ones entitles you to pursue legal action to get fairly compensated for all your troubles. If you ever get involved in a slip and fall accident it is important to contact your qualified slip and fall attorney to get the restitution you deserve for the damage caused to your person.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident?
According to the National Safety Council, injuries from slip and fall accidents account for over 9 million emergency rooms each year and are the second leading cause of death all over the country. Common injuries suffered in slip-and-fall accidents are:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries.
- Hip fractures.
- Shoulder injuries.
- Sprains and fractures.
- Strained muscles or tendons
- Soft tissue injuries
We should always remember that slipping and falling on unsafe premises is not our fault if the property owner or manager failed to provide a safe environment for us. From the most minor of injuries such as a simple bruise to severe ones like a concussion or a broken bone; slipping and falling may be the cause of lost wages, loss of income, decreasing quality of life, expensive medical bills leading to pain and suffering for you and your loved ones.
Our top of the line slip and fall lawyers in Torrance can help you get justice if you or your loved ones suffered a slip and fall accident that caused a serious injury caused by others’ negligence.
What to do after a Slip and Fall Accident
If you or someone you know has been injured due to a slip and fall accident, taking the following steps will help you protect and maintain the integrity of your claim:
- Take pictures of the hazardous conditions on the premises and try to get wide-angle shots showing the lack of signs and warnings regarding the hazard.
- Take pictures of your injuries before and after medical attention.
- Report the incident to the management/property owner. Remember to always request a copy of an accident report.
- Write down all the details from the accident as soon as possible so you can remember
- Note down witness contact details, if any.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Speak to slip and fall lawyers in Torrance, California as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can provide valuable assistance.
- Do not give any statements to the property owner’s insurance company until after you have spoken to your certified slip and fall attorney.
While slip and fall accidents are very common, cases that go to court can be difficult to win. It is not enough just to provide evidence that you got injured on the site of the accident. Proving that the property owner or manager was at fault for the hazardous conditions and was negligent in providing a safe environment is extremely important. A qualified slip and fall attorney by your side can help to hold negligent property owners liable for your losses.
How to Determine Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident?
In the case of a slip and fall accident, the process to determine the property owner’s liability is always complex and time-consuming. That’s why our slip and fall attorneys at Farahi Law Firm APC recommend letting your personal injury attorney specialized in slip and fall accidents handle the legal complexities of the case while you focus on your medical treatment and recovery to heal from your experience.
To successfully pursue a slip and fall accident lawsuit, the injured party must prove the following factors to show that there was negligence on the property owner or manager’s part to ensure the safety of the people visiting the premises:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached that duty of care.
- You suffered an injury because of the property owner’s breach.
It is common for property owners to deny any kind of liability in a slip and fall accident. Blaming the injured party instead of acknowledging their negligence is one of the first things negligent owners or managers do to try saving their skin from legal action. Also, some owners will claim they were unaware of the hazards or even deny its existence altogether.
Tactics such as these are why we advise you to contact our team of expert slip and fall lawyers in Torrance at Farahi Law Firm to fight against these injustices and get compensated fairly for any losses or injuries during a slip and fall accident.
What kind of compensation are you entitled to?
We totally understand the financial and emotional consequences of a slip and fall accident. That’s why our team of Torrance slip and fall lawyers is fully committed to get you the highest compensation possible for your injuries while you recover and start to feel better. The economic and non-economic compensatory damages in a slip and fall accident include:
- Medical costs to cover the injuries sustained by the slip and fall incident, as well as doctors, hospital bills, and even medication costs.
- Any loss of income and wages, both present and future, caused by your slip and fall accident.
- Any physical pain and emotional distress suffered because of the accident.
- Any decrease in your quality of life because of the accident, from serious medical after-effects or the loss of enjoyment in your life if you are not able to do the same activities as before the accident.
- Loss of consortium, for the deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship arising from injuries sustained due to the accident.
It is good to note that the State of California also provides punitive damages charges not meant to “make up” for your suffering but to actively punish the offending party.
Why You Should Hire our Expert Team of Slip and Fall Lawyers?
Our expert slip and fall lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC will strive to help you obtain maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, pain, and suffering, and other losses you have suffered as a result of a slip and fall accident in Torrance. If you have lost a loved one in a slip and fall accident we can also represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit in California. Contact us at (310) 620-9791 to schedule a free consultation.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, CALL 911 AND THEN CALL FARAHI LAW FIRM RIGHT AWAY.
We can help you get the medical treatment you need and the maximum compensation you deserve.
Don’t worry about fees. We will not charge you anything unless we win — and we will. Call Farahi Law’s expert brain injury lawyers for FREE Consultation. Available 24/7
Free Case Evaluation
No Fees Unless we Win!