Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
Torrance Back Injury Attorneys
As a prime personal injury law firm, we have seen firsthand what a back injury does to someone and how its long term consequences affect the victim’s quality of life. Our expert team of back injury lawyers are glad to help the victims and their families to get back on their feet as soon as possible.
At Farahi Law Firm, APC, we will provide the best legal assistance you can get to ensure you get the maximum and fairest compensation possible while you focus on your recovery. With an expert personal injury attorney by your side all the stress that comes from dealing with medical bills, insurance companies and legal matters is something of the past. We will handle all the complexities while you heal.
Back injuries, in most cases, are related to spinal cord injuries, which can be catastrophic in nature. Having a spinal cord injury can bring life-long consequences to the victim. From motor issues to paralysis, having a back or spinal cord injury can be devastating for the victim and their family.
Living with a back injury can be challenging, as it may require long-term medical treatment. Not only quality of life lessens exponentially, but all the costs from medical bills, medication or nursing can quickly pile up. Such losses and damages may not be evident at first, which is why the victim or their family should immediately contact a qualified back injury lawyer to protect their rights and ensure their wellbeing.
What is a Back Injury?
Damage, wear, or trauma to the bones, muscles, or other tissues are common back injuries. The lower back is the most prominent location for back injuries and back pain. Common back injuries include sprains, strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae. The common symptoms include:
- Dull, aching sensation in the lower back,
- stabbing or shooting pain radiating down the leg,
- inability to stand up straight without pain,
- decreased range of motion and diminished ability to flex the back.
Lower back pain is mostly related to damage on the back muscles or ligaments. Back injuries can simply occur from lifting a heavy object, exercising too hard, or from poor sitting posture. There may also be minor injuries caused by a tripping and falling or sudden spine twisting. Severe back injuries can occur from car collisions, falls from substantial heights, blunt hits to the back, or a penetrating injury such as a stab wound.
Common Causes of Back or Spinal Injuries
Common Back Injuries
Back injuries can range from mild to severe. Knowing what kind of injury we have is one of the first steps to getting proper treatment. Here are the most common types of back injury:
- Sprain or strain. This injury causes aches or stiffness that affect your upper arm, shoulder, back, or neck. When you have a pinched nerve, you might also experience shooting pain in your hand or fingers.
- Torn or ruptured disc. A disc herniation happens when a disc moves from its stable place. When it compresses the spinal cord or nerves, it can result in severe pain in the lower back and numbness in the legs. This injury can also cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, or pain in the shoulders or arms.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI). If your spinal cord is damaged, you might experience a loss of sensation in some parts of your body, and you might be unable to control functions like your bladder, bowels, or sexual functions. You could also experience spasms or intense reflexes.
- It is the most common injury sustained during a rear-ended car accident. It happens when your torso jerks forward and your lower extremities remained restraint in the car seat. Whiplash involves damage to soft tissues like muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the neck and back, creating severe pain.
- Lumbar sprain While the pain related to a lumbar sprain can go away on its own, not correctly treating it can lead to nerve damage, which in turn causes intense pain and prevents us from using our full range of motion.
- Spinal stenosis According to the Spine Institute, leaving spinal stenosis untreated can lead to severe nerve damage to the lower half of the body, with numbness and pinching pain appearing on the knees, thighs and buttocks. Symptoms could also spread to the shoulders and arms.
- Spondylolisthesis/spinal fractures. Nerves and the spinal canal are being compressed by the fractured bones. Due to this, you may experience pain and numbness. It occurs most frequently when a car is rear-ended at high speed.
- It is defined as an inability to perform voluntary motions and movements due to loss of muscle control. Paralysis is usually the result of an accident in which the head, brain, and spinal cord were severely injured. Depending on the type of bodily paralysis suffered, it can lead to the loss of motor function on one or more muscle groups severely lowering the quality of life of the affected.
When Can Your Back Injury Lawyers Pursue Compensation?
Your expert back injury lawyer can and will seek compensation when your injuries are caused by the negligence of others. Some types of negligence could be:
- Failure to make premises safe for tenants
- Distracted driving from another motorist
- Substandard medical care or medical malpractice
- Usage of a defective product that failed to be recalled
- Unsafe workplace conditions
Not only can your back injury lawyer pursue legal action due to negligence but also for intentional actions that caused you to suffer an injury.
Compensation available in a back injury claim
As your back injury lawyers, we have the knowledge and resources to help you determine the current and future economic costs of a back injury. Among the damages we will recover for you are:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitative or other physical or occupational therapies
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of income
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Temporary/permanent disability
- Assistance with activities of daily life (if you need to hire a housecleaner, pay for childcare services, transportation costs, etc.)
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
Get in Touch with Us!
If you or one of your loved ones has had the misfortune of suffering a back injury either in the workplace or due to another’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. Get in touch with Farahi Law Firm, APC, home of an expert team of back injury lawyers in Torrance. We charge no fees until we win your case. You deserve the best, and we give the best! We are available 24/7 at (310) 554-8347.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.