A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
Torrance Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Have you or your loved ones got injured in a bicycle accident? Our amazing bicycle accident lawyers in Torrance, CA can help you fight for your rights and your rightful compensation. Our personal injury attorneys have handled numerous accident cases involving an individual riding a bicycle, be it for leisure or as a mode of everyday transportation. We will make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible in case you get involved in a bicycle accident due to another person’s negligence.
The beautiful coastal city of Torrance provides a great environment for riding a bicycle either as your main mode of transportation or just for fun and exercise. Nothing beats going on a bike ride on the beach looking at the beautiful Pacific sunsets. But sadly, other vehicles seldom respect cyclists’ rights when on the road, thinking them more of a nuisance than legitimate vehicles.
We are here to change that, and hold every driver accountable for provoking a bicycle accident in Torrance. Bicyclists are protected by the same laws as other vehicles in California. Our Bicycle accident attorneys are here to make sure those rights are respected by other motorists.
The injuries that can come from being involved in an accident while riding a bicycle can be severe due to cyclists being normally protected only by a helmet and some pads for the elbows and knees. The expenses that come from medical bills, loss of income from the incapacity to work, and other damages to your person because of an accident can have a significant and sometimes permanent effect on your quality of life. If you get involved in a bicycle accident, be sure to contact an expert personal injury lawyer specialized in bicycle accidents to get the compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries Stemming from Bicycle Accidents
In 2018, 857 bicycle riders were killed in traffic accidents across the US, making it an all-time high in 25 years of data analysis. When there is a collision between a motor vehicle and a bicycle, it is almost certain that the cyclist will be exponentially more injured than a car driver. Injuries in a bicycle accident can range from minor to severe. Here are some of the common injuries that bicyclists can sustain:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injury or concussion
- Facial injuries
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- Internal organ injury
- Muscle tears & ligament rupture
- Cuts & Lacerations
- Road rash
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents Torrance
Even when bicycle riders are protected by the same laws as any other vehicle in California, it’s not uncommon to see them ran over, sideswiped, and all-around disrespected on the road. Because bicycles are smaller and lighter than any other vehicles, it puts their users at a severe disadvantage when involved in an accident.
With more than a decade of experience handling personal injury cases, our Torrance bicycle accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm have the experience you need to win your case. We know most of the reasons for bicycle accidents and are prepared to tackle them with professionalism and empathy, including:
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes for most types of vehicle accidents, car drivers that divide their attention between the road and their phones, eating a snack or just having their head in the clouds are more likely to cause an accident than someone aware of the road at all times.
- Speeding: Speeding is linked to a significant number of accidents. Because of their low weight and little protection for the rider, getting hit by a speeding vehicle while riding a bicycle can lead to catastrophic accidents and even a case of wrongful death.
- Drunk Driving: Because of how alcohol and drugs impair driver’s judgment, their reaction time towards an unexpected bicycle on the road is diminished. DIU is one of the leading causes of fatalities not only in the United States but all over the world. Likewise, riding a bicycle under the influence can lead to catastrophic and sometimes irreparable injuries.
- Riding too Close to a Lane of Motor Vehicle Traffic:Hazardous situations are created by drivers who follow the cyclists too close and pass within less than three feet between them. Bicyclists should never presume that cars would leave enough space for them to drive their bikes safely. To use a shoulder lane or sidewalk could be better than using the right edge of a road.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Bicyclists have the same rights and duties as all other motorists do on the roads. Collisions involving motor vehicles making unsafe lane changes can be dangerous. Before merging or changing lanes, drivers must ensure that there is no bicyclist beside them or in their blind spot. Turning without checking for bicyclists is a frequent cause of bicycle accidents at intersections.
- Failure to Yield: Bicyclists can reasonably expect vehicles to yield the right of way, but they should never assume the drivers will. Failure to yield is another reckless driving example that poses significant risks to bicycle riders. Determining liability is always difficult in such instances. One should recruit a knowledgeable bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss their legal options.
- Dooring: Dooring is another frequent bicycle crash caused when motorists open the doors of their vehicles onto the cyclists’ paths. A sudden car door opening is a severe and unexpected danger for bicyclists. Before opening a car door, both drivers and passengers in vehicles are required to look out for cyclists.
- Road Hazards: In Torrance, if you become a victim of a bicycle accident due to a road hazard, you may be able to file a claim against the local government. Common road hazards that cause bicycle accidents include potholes, poor road designs, signal malfunctioning, uneven road surfaces, debris, oil, and fallen signs or trees.
In all of these situations, the negligence of a motor vehicle driver can cause serious injury to the cyclist. The bicycle rider should have legal counsel dedicated to helping them recover the compensation they deserve. Our Torrance bicycle accident attorneys provide each personal injury case the attention it deserves and helps victims achieve the maximum financial recovery that is possible for them.
Bicycle Accident Liability in Torrance
In a bicycle accident case in Torrance, the injured party must prove the following:
- The defendant had a duty to ensure the safety of the victim.
- The defendant breached that duty.
- The crash would not have existed if it not been about the negligent actions of the defendant.
- The defendant’s negligent actions caused the victim’s injuries and losses.
Many cyclists ignore the fact that traffic rules and road signs apply to them as well, and they should also behave responsibly to prevent a collision. If a cyclist neglects these norms and causes an accident, the other affected party can pursue legal action as well. This can significantly impact the cyclist’s financial status as there is no provision of having any insurance cover for a bicycle.
Moreover, if a cyclist is partially liable for the accident, his compensation amount will be reduced by his percentage share in the accident case per the comparative liability law in California. Hiring a bicycle accident attorney immediately after a crash will ensure the victim receives rightful compensation. A competent lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation of the crash scene to determine what triggered the collision, who’s the liable party, and how to proceed further.
Bicycle Safety Guidelines that can Help Prevent Accidents and Injuries
- Wear a proper bike helmet and other safety equipment while cycling.
- Follow all traffic rules while riding a bicycle as if you were driving a car.
- Equip your bike with reflectors and lights to improve driver visibility at night.
- Wear bright color clothes when riding.
- Stop riding alone or when visibility is low, e.g., at night or in bad weather.
- Teach your kids bicycle safety rules.
- Ensure that kids are following safety rules while cycling.
Why Choose Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Farahi Law Firm
Farahi Law Firm, APC, has a history of bringing justice and fair compensation to bicycle accident victims. Our top-rated bicycle accident lawyers in Torrance are widely for the attention and empathy to the clients, handling each case with personalized attention.
We have been awarded several honors for our extensive knowledge, expertise, competence, and accomplishment in the field of personal injury. If you require a personal injury attorney due to a bicycle accident in Torrance, don’t hesitate to call us at (310) 620-9791 for a free consultation. No Fees Until We Win!
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.