Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you ever get in an accident while riding your motorcycle because of a negligent driver or hazardous road conditions our team of expert motorcycle accident lawyers will defend you and your loved ones if you are ever get involved in a motorcycle accident in Torrance. With motorcycles becoming more prevalent thanks to their versatility as motor vehicles and car drivers taking little to no precautions to deal with these on the road, motorcycle accidents can not only lead to extensive injuries but also be fatal in many cases.
According to recent statistics provided by the NHTSA, motorcycle riders are overrepresented in traffic accident fatalities with nearly five thousand motorcyclists being involved in lethal motorcycle accidents in 2018 alone. Being in contact with an expert motorcycle accident attorney is vital to make sure your claims are considered in court and being able to get fair restitution for all damages to your person and your material goods. We at Farahi Law Firm APC are determined to help you reach that goal and get you even higher settlement amounts for all the trouble a motorcycle accident makes you go through.
Most Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents
As with most accidents on the road, several causes can lead you to be a victim of a motorcycle accident. Our team of serious motorcycle accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm APC will help you with your case regardless of the cause of it. Here we outline the most common causes for Motorcycle Accidents in Torrance, California:
- Speeding– Riding a motorcycle at high speeds can be thrilling and liberating, I mean who doesn’t like to feel like a leather-clad rebel from the movies, right? But, going at high speeds puts you at risk of not noticing other vehicles on the road leaving you with little time to react in case a car cuts in front of you or a big semi-truck appears behind a curve on the highway. With higher speeds, the more you are at risk of sustaining grave injuries which can lead to worse consequences for you and your loved ones.
- Cars Making a Left-Hand Turn – Normally, when making a left turn at an intersection it becomes more difficult for the rider to notice vehicles approaching creating an effective blind spot that puts other motorists at risk. Right-of-way violations or distance misjudgments when making a left turn are the most common reasons for motorcycle riders to experience injuries and death.
- Lane splitting – As of today, the State of California is one of the few states in the U.S. where is legal to split lanes. While researchers argue that lane splitting improves traffic and road safety, most of the time, lane-splitting causes vehicular accidents in highly congested traffic areas and roadways. Thanks to this, more accidents are recorded every day because of suddenly splitting lanes.
- Alcohol and drug use– One of the leading causes of fatalities not only in America but across the globe. About half of all crashes involving a single motorcycle stem from alcohol or drug use. There were 1,059 people killed in alcohol-impaired collisions in 2016, a 16.2% increase from 911 in 2015, and a 27.7% increase from 829 in 2012. If you are involved in an accident involving a drunk driver, our team of drunk driving accident attorneys can help you with a free consultation.
- Distracted driving –Many accidents occur because of the divided attention of the driver instead of just focusing on the wheels. And in the case of motorcycles, car drivers may fail to notice them because of their smaller size, leading to serious accidents. In fact, 80% of all vehicle crashes involve some form of driver inattention. This increases the risk of a crash which, in most cases, puts a lot more danger on the motorcyclist’s part.
- Weaving in and out of traffic – It is true that one of the main appeals for motorcycles is their versatility and being able to avoid traffic congestions thanks to their small size, nevertheless zigzagging around vehicles to avoid traffic is an extremely unsafe motorcycle practices. Considering distracted drivers, faulty road conditions, drivers suddenly trying to change lanes, etc. going around waving in traffic puts you at serious risk of being involved in an accident.
- Tailgating – Driving too close to the vehicle in front of you is a leading cause of vehicular accidents, motorcyclists are more at risk when either you make a sudden stop and a car behind you doesn’t have time to react, or the other way around, driving to close to the rear-end of a car that comes to a halt gives little to no time to react causing an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions – Lack of signage, potholes, slippery streets, poor illumination can catch you off guard, leading you to make decisions that can endanger your life, increasing the probability of an accident.
- Motorcycle defects – We all like our vehicles to be in prime condition sometimes we encounter manufacturer defects or if we repaired the motorcycle before there could be a botched repair or a faulty part, putting you at risk. In the case of manufacturing defects, the manufacturer is to be held liable for any accident or death because of the defective part.
- Inexperienced riders – Inexperienced drivers are prone to make risky moves on the road which may endanger other motorists’ safety. Proper lessons on driving safely and responsibly all the time must be kept in mind to reduce the risks of accidents.
Frequent Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are a serious matter, they can lead to serious long-term injuries that will not only lower your quality of life but also make medical bills pile up, adding to both your and your loved ones’ pain and suffering. Using certified safety equipment while riding your motorcycle can lower the probability of serious injury but it doesn’t make it go away.
For example, wearing a helmet will lower the risk of head injury (the most common injury type in motorcycle accidents) by 68% nevertheless there’s still a 32% chance of getting a serious injury that could affect your movement, your capacity for speech, and overall lower your enjoyment of life. Some of the most frequent injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
What Compensation Can You Get in a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
Depending on the steps you take when involved in a motorcycle accident as well as the severity of it you are entitled to fair compensation for any troubles the accident might have created for you. Right after a collision, contact a skilled and experienced Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to defend your rights and get you fair compensation. You could be eligible to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
What Can You Do to be Safer While Riding?
Because of the overrepresentation of motorcyclists in vehicular accidents, motorcycle owners should take extra precautions when going own on their favorite two-wheeled vehicle. Motorcycle riding can be extremely fun and liberating that’s why to avoid accidents you should follow the following safety tips:
- Don’t go over the speed limit, treat your motorcycle as if it was a normal 4 wheeled car.
- Always wear a helmet and safety equipment
- Practice your riding skills in a safe space and don’t get overconfident
- Never ride under the influence
- Maintain proper distance with other vehicles
- Watch for obstacles and hazardous road conditions
- Do regular checkups and ensure your ride is in perfect conditions to hit the road.
It is common for motorcyclists to be blamed in accidents by both the party at fault and insurance companies, who will try every trick in the book to not only reduce the fair compensation you are entitled to. Getting an experienced and serious Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyer is the best course of action you could take to prevent the other party from shifting the blame from the accident to you.
If you or one of your loved ones needs advice or consultation for your case don’t hesitate to contact Farahi Law Firm’s offices in Torrance at (310) 544-8347. We work on a “No win, no fee” basis and are available 24/7. Contact us if you need help with a motorcycle accident claim. We will do everything in our power to help and ensure you are fairly compensated for all your troubles.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.