Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
Torrance Car Accident Lawyers
Getting in a car accident can be extremely scary and stressful for everyone involved and their families. With California being the second state with more car accident fatalities in the nation, we at Farahi Law Firm worry for your safety and are committed to help if you ever get into an accident, suffer injuries from a reckless driver, and the after-effects that can come from the incident.
While it’s commonplace to think that an automobile accident can be solved between the parties and the insurance companies without the need for a specialized Torrance car accident lawyer. When you get in a serious accident you could end up with severe injuries, expensive medical bills, loss of material goods and income; not only affecting you but your family and loved ones as well. Even a minor car accident can make you prey to the practices of insurance companies and sometimes you’ll receive less compensation than what you are entitled to when you weren’t even at fault for your car accident.
We know very well that after a car crash the victim can be in a state of shock not realizing the extent of their injuries nor can correctly assess the vehicle damage that comes from the incident because of the stress that comes with the situation. That’s why our expert Torrance car accident and personal injury lawyers care about you and strive to help in every way possible because your wellbeing and satisfaction is our top priority.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Torrance, California
With the ever-growing population in the beautiful coastal city of Torrance, every year more vehicles are hitting the road. With the accessibility to motor vehicles increasing, the risk of being involved in a serious accident increases as well, here are the leading causes of car accidents in Torrance, California:
- Going over the Speed limit: Speeding is one of the leading causes of accidents all around the globe. While people like the feeling that comes with putting the pedal to the metal, speeding can lead to the loss of control of your vehicle coupled and incorrectly assessing the time needed to break in case you encounter another vehicle or hitting an intersection.
- Intoxication: Every year more than 500 thousand people fall victim to a drunk driving accident, making alcohol-related accidents making up for 1/3rd of all the vehicular accidents in the U.S. During the holiday season the risk increases exponentially with more people partying and going out. Alcohol and Drug use while driving is extremely dangerous and puts not only your life at risk but others as well.
- Tailgating: Leaving enough space between your vehicle and the one driving in front of you is extremely important. Driving too close to another vehicle is referred to as tailgating. Driving like this leaves little room for maneuver if the car in front of you hits their breaks unexpectedly and can lead to a serious incident involving two or more vehicles. Especially if you are in a high traffic area. With 28% of all car crashes being the result of a rear-end collision, tailgating is one of the leading causes of this according to the NHTSA.
- Dangerous Lane Changes: A great number of accidents involving side swiping and rear-ending happen because of a driver not signaling lane changes or abruptly cutting in front of others while changing lanes. Always check mirrors, avoid blind spots, obey the speed limits and use your signals when changing lanes to avoid an accident-
- Road designs and maintenance: Situational causes like unmaintained roads, potholes, slippery surfaces, poor design, and lack of traffic signs can lead to an accident. Always be aware of your area to avoid accidents caused not by others but by the road itself.
How to Protect Your Interests When Involved Car Accident
The stress of the situation sometimes makes us forget important things that would help us in the long run. If you ever get involved in a car accident, these are a few ways you can protect your rights and interests:
- Call 911: After checking your injuries, you should call 911 for an ambulance and the police to assist you in the immediate time after the crash. In Torrance, California the response time from Emergency is about 1.7 minutes according to CityData.
- Exchange information: If possible exchange names, contact information, insurance details with the other parties involved in the accident.
- Collect evidence: Take pictures, collect witness testimonies, and write down your story with as much detail as possible.
- NEVER speak with the other party’s insurance: Always refuse to give statements to the insurance company of the party at fault until you contact a certified and specialized Torrance car accident attorney. Why not give your statement to the insurance company? Because any statements you give to the other party can be used against you and hurt your claim. Remember, insurance companies are looking to make as much money as possible while paying as little as they can in restitution.
- Seek medical attention: You might not assess the severity of an injury correctly at first. What you might think is just a bump on the head or just a little pain in the lower back can be a sign of a serious injury that could get worse in the long run. Not only that, but medical records are evidence that your injuries are the result of an accident and will help your case.
- Contact an attorney ASAP: Car accidents leading to injury can be very difficult to solve by yourself, the best course of action is contacting our experts at Farahi Law Firm APC to handle your case and provide you with top of the line quality services.
Taking these steps is vital for your safety and to jumpstart the legal process to file your personal injury claim in case of a car accident in Torrance, California. While it can be tempting to try to get everything over with as soon as possible, remember that you matter and are entitled to fair compensation for all the problems that arise with being a victim of a car accident.
Why It is Important to Determine Liability in a Car Accident in California
For anyone injured in a car crash, it is important to establish fault and liability. The decision of who pays for damages or injuries in car accidents depends upon it. In some of the car accidents like, rear-end collision, left-turn collisions, and drunk driving, liability is almost always decided in the favor of one party over the other.
California’s comparative negligence rule plays a vital role in claiming personal injury compensation. Under the Comparative Negligence Laws of California, the compensation can be limited by the amount of blame you are entitled to for the collision. Whatever the degree of your negligence, you may seek compensation from the at-fault party.
If the courts find you 20% at fault for a car accident, for example, you will receive 80% of the awarded compensation. To be able to collect damages to cover your losses, you should get your case reviewed by a Torrance car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Our expert car accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm will fight tooth and nail to ensure you are not blamed for an accident you did not cause and will always seek fair compensation for all your claims and expenses.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Get When Being Involved in a Car Accident?
The factors that determine what kind of compensation you can get when involved in a car accident are the severity of your injuries and any economic costs incurred as a result of the accident (loss of vehicle, body shop repairs, damaged items, etc.)
The car accident attorney on your case will understand how the incident has affected your quality of life and will take them all into account when determining the right compensation for you. The state of California places compensatory damages for car accidents and personal injuries in two categories:
- Economic damages: They are intended to cover any amount of money the victim has spent or will be required to spend in the future. Medical bills, loss of wages, loss of earning capacity, and property damage are included in this category.
- Non-economic damages: This category includes subjective losses such as pain, emotional distress, physical impairment, an overall loss of quality of life, etc.
There are situations where the party at fault’s conduct might be found reprehensible or especially grievous. Because of this, punitive damages may be awarded in addition to the compensatory damage. This is done to punish and discipline the offender and dissuade others from engaging in such behavior.
Why Hiring a Car Accident Attorney is in Your Best Interest?
If your accident caused serious injuries that had a major impact on your life, contacting an attorney is especially important. With a qualified car accident attorney by your side, you can be sure that your rights are protected, and you have a better chance of receiving the highest possible compensation.
- A car accident lawyer will help you collect and evaluate evidence that establishes who was at fault and what your injuries are worth.
- Understanding the severity of an injury can be challenging, a knowledgeable car accident attorney can help you get in contact with qualified medical professionals who will determine the injury claims correctly.
- Medical bills piling up after an accident, coupled with the loss of income, can seriously damage your personal finances. A professional car accident attorney will get you compensated for any lost wages and any expenses incurred during your medical treatments be it short or long term.
- Pursuing a lawsuit because of a car accident is the best way to get compensated for your losses. An expert car accident attorney can help you reach fair and higher settlements.
- It is common for the party at fault to pursuit scare tactics and unfair tricks to lower the amount of compensation you are entitled to. A car accident lawyer will never fall for them and will stand fast to defend you and get the compensation you deserve.
We understand how traumatic a car accident can be for victims and their loved ones, and our expert car accident attorneys in Torrance, California are here to help. We provide the best legal support and guidance required to make a car accident injury claim as straight-forward as possible. Here are a few more reasons why you should trust Farahi Law Firm, APC with your car accident injury claim:
- We have an established record of winning substantial amounts of compensation for personal injuries on behalf of injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- We use expert medical evidence to demonstrate the immediate and long-term consequences of any sustained injuries.
- We make sure that the at-fault party pays for all the consequences of the accident.
- We have close ties with doctors, to ensure that you get expert care to help you recover quickly.
Farahi Law Firm, APC is home to the highest qualified car accident attorneys in Torrance, California, with the expertise and strong track record that you need to resolve or litigate your car accident claim effectively. Our team of dedicated Torrance car accident lawyers can help you navigate this tough process and hold those liable for the injuries accountable.
Have you gotten injured in a car accident in Torrance, California? Do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation at (310) 620-9791
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.