Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Free Case Review
AS SEEN IN THE NEWS
As Seen in the News
Expert San Pedro Bicycle Accident Attorneys to Represent Your Case
Riding a bicycle is one of the best outdoor activities people from all ages can do, not just for exercise but also for every transportation. Not only it is environmentally conscious to ride your bike instead of using the car, but it also helps alleviate the heavy traffic congestions of the big cities.
Sadly, motorists seldom take bikers in account while going on with their daily lives, and while governments have tried to make cities more bike friendly that ever, accidents involving cyclists are still a common occurrence. Thankfully, cyclists in California are protected, taken in account and held accountable by the same traffic laws that govern motor vehicles in the Golden State.
But, even with all the laws in place, cyclists in San Pedro are still vulnerable while on the road. Normally, cyclist’s injuries in an accident can be extremely severe due to bikers being only protected by their helmets and at best, with elbow and knee pads. As well, a bicycle offers little protection from a collision because of its lightness and having no safety countermeasures aside from the ones taken by the rider.
When involved in a bicycle accident, the costs to recover from injuries, lost wages or material damages can be too high for an average person to cover, and with insurance companies always low-balling people with meager settlement offers or compensation that doesn’t ever cover a fraction of the costs. This is where our expert bicycle accident attorneys come in, we will help you get the medical treatment you need and win for you the maximum compensation you deserve by holding the ones responsible for your injuries accountable in a court of law.
What are the most common causes of bicycle accidents in San Pedro?
While cyclists are held by the same traffic rules and regulations as any other vehicles in California, with bikes having smaller frames than passenger vehicles as well as being light weight form of transportation, it puts cyclists at severe disadvantage when involved in an accident. It’s common for bike riders to get sideswiped, ran over by distracted drivers or being ignored and having their right of way violated by other drivers.
With more than a decade of experience handling personal injury cases, our San Pedro know the most common causes of a bicycle accident and how to prevent them. We outlined these facts for you below:
- Distracted Driving:It is one of the leading causes of all types of motor vehicle collisions. When drivers divide their attention between the road and distractors like their phone, they are more likely to cause accidents.
- Speeding: Speeding can be linked to a significant number of bicycle accident injuries and deaths. Injuries in speeding crashes are often catastrophic because of the force of impact. Whether it’s a bicyclist or a motor vehicle driver, they should always consider driving or riding within safe speed limits.
- Drunk Driving: Alcohol and drug impairment significantly decreases drivers’ reaction time to avoid collisions and leads to too many crashes involving bicycles. Drunk driving is one of the prime causes of death in vehicle-related accidents all over the world
- Riding too Close to a Lane of Motor Vehicle Traffic: Hazardous situations are created by drivers who follow the cyclists too close and pass within less than three feet between them. Bicyclists should never presume that cars would leave enough space for them to drive their bikes safely. To use a shoulder lane or sidewalk could be better than using the right edge of a road.
- Unsafe Lane Changes:Bicyclists have the same rights and duties as all other motorists do on the roads. Collisions involving motor vehicles making unsafe lane changes can be dangerous. Before merging or changing lanes, drivers must ensure that there is no bicyclist beside them or in their blind spot. Turning without checking for bicyclists is a frequent cause of bicycle accidents at intersections.
- Failure to Yield:Bicyclists can reasonably expect vehicles to yield the right of way, but they should never assume the drivers will. Failure to yield is another reckless driving example that poses significant risks to bicycle riders. Determining liability is always difficult in such instances. One should recruit a knowledgeable bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss their legal options.
- Dooring: Dooring is another frequent bicycle crash caused when motorists open the doors of their vehicles onto the cyclists’ paths. A sudden car door opening is a severe and unexpected danger for bicyclists. Before opening a car door, both drivers and passengers in vehicles are required to look out for cyclists.
- Road Hazards:In Los Angeles, if you become a victim of a bicycle accident due to a road hazard, you may be able to file a claim against the local government. Common road hazards that cause bicycle accidents include potholes, poor road designs, signal malfunctioning, uneven road surfaces, debris, oil, and fallen signs or trees.
In all of these situations, the negligence of a motor vehicle driver can cause serious injury to a cyclist. The rider should have legal counsel dedicated to helping them recover the compensation they deserve. Our bicycle accident lawyers in San Pedro provide each personal injury case the attention it deserves and help victims achieve the maximum financial recovery that is possible for them.
What are the most common injuries in bicycle accidents?
According to statistics by the CDC, in 2018 over 300,000 cyclists ended up in the emergency room after an accident, with a little over 1,000 people losing their lives. Bicycle accidents can provoke catastrophic injuries to the bikers; being impacted by a vehicle and thrown into the pavement is one the most common situation in bicycle accidents.
The most common injuries in bike accidents are:
Bicycle Accident Liability in Los Angeles
In a bicycle accident case in San Pedro, as with any other vehicular accident the injured party must prove the following:
- The responsible party had a duty to ensure the safety of the victim.
- They breached that duty.
- The crash would not have existed if there was no irresponsible conduct by the negligent party.
- The responsible party’s actions caused the victim’s injuries and losses.
Cyclist also need to take in consideration that they are not exempt from traffic rules, and if they breach them, the other affected party can pursue legal action. This can significantly impact the bicyclist’s financial status as there is no provision of having any insurance cover for a bicycle.
Moreover, if a cyclist is partially liable for the accident, his compensation amount will be reduced by his percentage share in the accident case per the comparative liability law in California. Hiring a bicycle accident attorney immediately after a crash will ensure the victim receives rightful compensation.
How can you prevent bicycle accidents?
- Wear a proper bike helmet and other safety equipment while cycling.
- Follow all traffic rules while riding a bicycle as if you were driving a car.
- Equip your bike with reflectors and lights to improve driver visibility at night.
- Wear bright color clothes when riding.
- Stop riding alone or when visibility is low, e.g., at night or in bad weather.
- Teach your kids bicycle safety rules.
- Ensure that kids are following safety rules while cycling.
Our expert bicycle accident attorneys are here to help!
Farahi Law Firm, APC, has a history of bringing justice and fair compensation to bicycle accident victims. Our top-rated bicycle accident lawyers in San Pedro are widely known for their successful representation of injured victims. We will win for you the maximum compensation you deserve and get you the medical treatment you need, at no cost whatsoever for you! You don’t have to pay us a cent until we win your case. Contact us at (310) 744-8015 to schedule a free consultation.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, CALL 911 AND THEN CALL FARAHI LAW FIRM RIGHT AWAY.
We can help you get the medical treatment you need and the maximum compensation you deserve.
Don’t worry about fees. We will not charge you anything unless we win — and we will. Call Farahi Law’s expert brain injury lawyers for FREE Consultation. Available 24/7
Free Case Evaluation
No Fees Unless we Win!