Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Medical Treatment You Need
Money You Deserve
Free Case Review
AS SEEN IN THE NEWS
As Seen in the News
Expert San Pedro Pedestrian Accident Attorneys to Represent Your Case
If you or a family member were injured as a pedestrian in San Pedro, having an experienced Pedestrian accident lawyer is in your best interest. An experience like a pedestrian accident is a very traumatic experience, and can leave you incapacitated for a long time or, if the worst comes to pass, have an untimely death. At Farahi Law Firm, APC, you will get the best San Pedro pedestrian accident lawyer to protect your legal rights and achieve the rightful compensation you deserve.
With their dedication and fierce legal representation in the court, our San Pedro pedestrian accident lawyers are committed to see justice being delivered and hold the party at fault for your accident held accountable. With an exemplary record on personal injury cases, getting the compensation you deserve is just a phone call away.
Because of the large percentage of vehicles present on the road, pedestrians are in danger of suffering an accident because of the negligent actions of motorists. Cities across the nation are fighting to make the streets more friendly to people travelling without a vehicle. Despite efforts made by government officials, California is the place with the highest percentage of pedestrian accidents and fatalities in the nation.
According to the Office of Traffic Safety pedestrian fatality death rate in California is 25% higher than the national average. This creates an environment of fear in pedestrians, who should be safe to go about their daily lives without worrying about a negligent driver causing an accident. If you or someone you know has been unfortunate enough to be in a pedestrian accident, our expert pedestrian accident lawyers in San Pedro will help you achieve justice and protect your rights.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Injury from being hit by a vehicle while crossing the street can be catasthropic for the victim, the trauma inflicted to the body by a moving vehicle of the speed and weight of an average car can be extremely damaging. Often, the drivers won’t have any injuries whatsoever thanks to being enclosed in their vehicle. The most common injuries we see at Farahi Law Firm because of a Pedestrian accident are:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones and bone fractures
- Soft tissue damage
- Mental distress
- Wrongful death
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The most common cause for pedestrian accidents in California is being hit by a negligent driver. It is normally found that on an accident involving a pedestrian and a vehicle, the driver didn’t take the necessary precautions to ensure no one would come to harm. Even when there are designated areas for pedestrians to cross the street and go about their day, a negligent driver is still a threat to their safety.
Between 2008 and 2017, 7,127 pedestrians died in California from motor vehicle-related accidents. Because of this alarming numbers of pedestrian accidents in California we outline the main factors for pedestrian accidents as a result of negligent and careless driving.
- The driver was speeding and was unable to stop in time.
- The driver just ran through the pedestrian crossing.
- The driver failed to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk or an intersection.
- The driver was distracted, talking, or texting on their mobile phone and failed to keep a proper lookout.
- The driver was not concentrating on the road.
- The driver was intoxicated.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
There are ways in which pedestrians can make themselves safer when going about their day on the street. Prevention is always the first step to take to assure that you will not be in harm’s way. We recommend the following actions to reduce the chance of getting in a road accident:
- Make yourself visible: wear bright colored clothes and carry a flashlight if you are walking at night.
- Avoid dangerous behaviors: always walk on the sidewalk (no jaywalking), stay sober, and make eye contact with drivers – don’t assume the driver can see you.
- Stay off your phones, talking, and especially texting distracts you from paying attention to your surroundings.
- Cross the street at marked pedestrian crossings.
- Look both ways before crossing a street.
What to do After Pedestrian Accident in San Pedro?
- Seek medical assistance immediately. Not only prompt medical examination and treatment is needed after an accident, but the medical records will also serve as evidence to file a claim against the party at fault.
- Call the police as soon as the incident occurs. Make sure that an officer is writes down an accident report. This can be used by your pedestrian accident attorney to prove negligence and liability.
- Write down the party at fault’s contact information (Name, phone number, address, license plates and insurance details).
- Take some pictures of the accident scene. Take wide-angle shots showing the vehicle position and of any injuries.
- Collect eyewitness details if possible. List their names and telephone numbers.
What Compensation Can You Get from Pedestrian Accident in Torrance?
When a motor vehicle driver breaks any laws designed to encourage traffic safety or acts in a careless or negligent way while driving and causes an accident, the driver can be held legally responsible for the victim’s damages. The pedestrian accident victim may seek compensation from the party at fault by filing a personal injury lawsuit. If the pedestrian is killed in the accident, the surviving family members may be able to claim the victim’s wrongful death.
Our San Pedro Pedestrian Accident Lawyers will no doubt fight aggressively to get your fair and maximum compensation possible. They will help you seek compensation for all the damages that you might be entitled to, including:
- Medical Treatment Costs
- Lost wages and future income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Material damages
Sadly, because of the predatory practices of Insurance companies, there is no guarantee that you will be entitled to the benefits mentioned above without legal representation.
Therefore, you should seek an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer to hold your hand during these trying times and stand up for your rights.
The Best Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in San Pedro
The Best Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in
The Farahi Law Firm, APC is a top-rated pedestrian accident law firm in San Pedro, CA. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident as a pedestrian, our qualified San Pedro pedestrian accident lawyers will protect your legal rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
For the best legal representation of your case, contact us today at (310) 744-8015 and schedule a free consultation. With our no-fee guarantee, you do not have to pay us until we win your case.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, CALL 911 AND THEN CALL FARAHI LAW FIRM RIGHT AWAY.
We can help you get the medical treatment you need and the maximum compensation you deserve.
Don’t worry about fees. We will not charge you anything unless we win — and we will. Call Farahi Law’s expert brain injury lawyers for FREE Consultation. Available 24/7
Free Case Evaluation
No Fees Unless we Win!