A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Uber Accident Attorneys
A car accident involving an Uber is different from a regular car accident. If you or your loved one was injured in a car crash involving a passenger vehicle, you need qualified Uber car accident lawyers on your side. Our top-rated car accident attorneys specialized in passenger vehicles at Farahi Law Firm, APC, in Bakersfield can give you an effective legal representation of their personal injury lawsuit in collisions involving Ubers or any other passenger vehicle services.
Ridesharing companies such as Uber are thriving across the country. Thousands of commuters rely on ridesharing apps to travel through the city’s busy streets on daily basis. Considering the exponential growth of Uber users in recent years, it’s no surprise that there’s an increase in the number of collision cases involving these vehicles.
In this fairly new field of transportation, knowing who is at fault and what your legal rights are as an injured victim is challenging. If you have been injured while using ride-sharing services like Uber, there are important facts you should know about laws, insurance coverage, and whom to sue when dealing with this industry.
Insurance Requirement for Uber in California
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has established rules and regulations for transportation network companies (TNCs). These rules are made to ensure passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians are protected when ride-sharing vehicles are on the road. Uber’s insurance coverage is dependent on its service app and is defined by three periods
Period 1: App open – waiting for a match.
- Uber provides the following insurance coverage:
- $50,000 for personal injuries and death per person
- $100,000 for personal injuries and death per accident
- $30,000 for property damages
TNCs are also expected to have excess liability insurance coverage of at least $200,000 per occurrence.
Period 2: Match accepted-driver is on his/her way to pick up the passenger.
- Uber provides primary commercial liability insurance coverage up to $1 million per accident.
Period 3: Passenger in the vehicle and until the passenger exits the vehicle.
- Uber provides primary commercial liability insurance coverage up to $1 million per accident. During this period Uber shall also provide Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage for $1 million.
If an accident involves an Uber driver who has not logged into the app or was on personal ride, recovery of damages is strictly limited to that Uber driver’s personal insurance coverage. Driver’s personal insurance only covers $15,000 for the death or injury of one person, $30,000 for multiple persons in a single accident, and $5,000 for property damage.
Under the latest revisions, the California Public Utilities Commission CPUC announced TNC drivers will be considered now employees under California’s Assembly Bill 5 or AB5. This move would not only improve conditions for Uber drivers, but it can also impact Uber’s accountability for the negligence of its drivers and may benefit passengers or other drivers who have been involved in accidents with these passenger service vehicles.
If you have been involved in an accident involving an Uber car, be it as a passenger or as an affected party in a collision, and are uncertain of your rights, you should seek legal assistance for filing a lawsuit. Contact the seasoned Uber car accident lawyers in Bakersfield at Farahi Law Firm, APC to help you explore your options and protect your legal rights.
What damages can I recover in an Uber car crash lawsuit?
Available recoverable damages in an Uber accident are normally the same as in a normal car accident. Economic and non-economic compensatory damages may include:
- Medical & hospital bills
- Physical therapy costs
- Lost wages & loss of future earnings
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of Consortium
- Wrongful death
If Uber was aware of their negligence, and still made attempts to cover up its involvement in an accident, punitive damages may also be awarded against the company to deter them from similar behavior.
Even though Uber provides a $1 million insurance coverage to injured victims, it is not uncommon for their insurers to deny claims. That’s why you should refrain from speaking to Uber’s insurance adjusters directly and remember you are not under any obligation to do so. These insurance agents’ only motivation is to save the company monetary expenses you are rightfully entitled to as a victim in an accident with an Uber car.
It is in your best interest to have our skilled Uber car accident lawyers in Bakersfield by your side, and let them deal with Uber’s insurance company on your behalf. Your attorney has your best interest and will ensure you are fully compensated for your injuries.
Liability in a Car Crash Involving Uber
Uber crashes involve complex issues that aren’t present in other car accidents. The two situations that Uber passengers involved in a crash and sustained injuries face include:
- Uber driver was at faultfor the accident.
- Uber driver was not at fault for the accident.
Nevertheless, being injured as a passenger of an Uber car in an accident puts you in a win-win situation.
- If your car driver is liable for the accident then the ridesharing service’s liability insurance provides coverage for your injury.
- If it’s not your car driver’s fault and the other vehicle driver is liable for the accident, then a third party’s car insurance (the at-fault driver’s) will pay for your personal injury compensation.
- If an Uninsured or Underinsured motorist causes the accident then you are also covered by ridesharing service’s liability insurance.
Steps to Take if You are Injured in an Uber Accident
- Call the police:Call the police and report the incident.
- Call Ambulance:If injuries are serious, ask somebody to call an ambulance.
- Seek Medical Attention:Injuries may not be apparent, seek medical attention to rule out any delayed-onset or internal injuries.
- Collect Evidence:Document the accident details, take pictures, write Uber driver details or any third-party car details, and collect any witness contact information.
- Contact an attorney specialized in Uber Accidents:Contact an Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. An accomplished attorney will support you through the whole process and help you get your deserved compensation.
A leading Los Angeles personal injury law firm, Farahi Law Firm, APC has helped many Uber car accident victims in Bakersfield to receive substantial compensation for their injuries and damages.
Our experienced and qualified Uber car accident lawyers are committed to holding Uber drivers and Uber’s insurance company accountable for their negligence and recover rightful compensation for you and your family. Contact us at (661) 403-4243 to schedule a free consultation of your case.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.