A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcyclists tend to account for a significant proportion of Motor Vehicle Accidents in the United States. Recent reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) showed that approximately 80,000 people get injured and over 5,000 people die in motorcycle crashes each year in the United States. California has the largest volume of motorcycles in the nation with over 8 lakh motorcycles registered every year. Moreover, it is the second state with the highest number of motorcycle fatalities next to Florida.
Riding a motorcycle gives an unrivaled feeling of liberation and thrill. It is freedom granted while holding on the throttle grips of that two-wheeled masterpiece, feeling the wind in your face and wishing that the moment will never stop.
However, all things grand come with higher risks. Unlike those driving closed cars, motorcycle riders and their passengers are a lot more vulnerable to injuries during crashes. The consequences may be disastrous when a motorcyclist is struck by a car, a truck, or another large vehicle. With little safety from the impact, the rider may sustain life-threatening injuries that would take months or years of recovery. We don’t want you to lose a lot more. Our skilled Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC can help you get the compensation you deserve from the accident.
Common Reasons of Motorcycle Accidents
- Speeding – Speeding decreases the motorcyclist’s chance of noticing and responding to other vehicles in a timely manner to avoid an accident. It has been one of the most common causes of vehicular collisions and numbers are still rising up until this day. The higher the speed, the greater the effect of impact, and the worse the consequences are bound to happen.
- Cars Making a Left-Hand Turn – Typically, when turning left at an intersection, a vehicle driver can’t accurately notice the approaching motorcycle, eventually causing a head-on crash. Right-of-way violations or distance misjudgments when making a left turn are the most common reasons for motorcycle riders to experience injuries and death.
- Lane splitting – Today, California remains the only U.S. state to allow lane splitting (the practice is legal in Europe and Asia), and researchers and motorcycle experts say that lane splitting can actually reduce traffic and improve roadway safety. However, most of the time, lane-splitting causes vehicular collisions especially on roadways and congested traffic areas. Because of the sudden splitting of lanes, more accidents have been recorded every day and more lives become at risk.
- Driving under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs – It is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents and all other vehicular accidents. A responsible driver must never drive while drunk or under the influence of any drug that may cloud his judgment for driving. About half of all crashes involving a single motorcycle stem from alcohol or drug use. There were 1,059 people killed in alcohol-impaired collisions in 2016, a 16.2% increase from 911 in 2015, and a 27.7% increase from 829 in 2012.
- Distracted driving – Distracted drivers often fail to notice other vehicles, especially motorcycles which are smaller in size, because they are not solely focusing on driving. Multi-tasking is a gift and talent that most people don’t have. Hence, when driving, a driver must put full attention to driving only. Many accidents occur because of the divided attention of the driver instead of just focusing on the wheels. In fact, 80% of all vehicle crashes involve some form of driver inattention. This increases the risk of a crash which, in most cases, puts a lot more danger on the motorcyclist’s part.
- Weaving in and out of traffic – Zigzagging between vehicles is an unsafe driving practice that endangers everyone sharing the same road. Failure of drivers to send signals before changing lanes is one of the most common reasons for vehicular collisions.
- Tailgating – Rear-end crashes were caused by following a vehicle too closely when it makes a sudden halt. In most cases, motorcyclists acquire more damage as they are more vulnerable to these crashes. It was never advisable to follow a vehicle too closely because a considerable space must be observed for the safety of everyone sharing the road at the same time.
- Dangerous road conditions – Potholes, imploding pavement, debris, and lack of appropriate signals and signage, increase the probability of a motorcycle accident due to loss of control of the driver. When dealing with these factors, the driver would most likely be caught off guard and would make sudden decisions that, at most times, endangers their lives.
- Motorcycle defects – Poorly built or defective components of a motorcycle may cause crashes. This is the reason why buying vehicles must be done meticulously and as carefully as possible. The manufacturer shall be held responsible for any accident or death arising from the use of the faulty part.
- Inexperienced riders – Inexperienced drivers are prone to make risky moves on the road which may endanger other motorists’ safety. Proper lessons on driving safely and responsibly all the time must be kept in mind to reduce the risks of accidents.
Common Injuries In Motorcycle Accidents
According to studies, helmets reduce the risk of head injuries by 69% and prevent deaths by 37%. Since the biggest cause of death in motorcycle accidents is head injury, wearing a helmet might save many people’s lives. Other common injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash may include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
Compensation In Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims
Securing fair compensation for injuries incurred in a motorcycle crash depends on the legal steps the plaintiff would take. Right after a collision, contact a skilled and experienced Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers to defend your rights and get you fair compensation. You could be eligible to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
Some Key Statistics for Motorcycle Accidents
Reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) showed that motorcycles are more likely than cars to be involved in accidents. Full-face helmets are also the most secure type of protection, thus reducing face injuries significantly.
- Motorcyclists are killed 26 times more often than passenger car riders on a per-mile basis.
- Motorbike deaths are more likely to happen in urban areas (53%) than in rural ones (48%).
- Roughly 75% of all motorcycle accidents involve a collision between a motorcycle and at least one car.
- 59% of women killed in bike crashes were passengers, although passenger-carrying bikes aren’t involved in accidents as much.
- Violation of motorcycle’s right-of-way by other vehicles is the cause of nearly two-thirds of multiple-vehicle accidents.
Few Tips For Safe Motorcycle Riding
Riding a motorcycle can be really fun. However, an extra level of caution is necessary, given that motorcycles are a lot more exposed to accidents, causing fatal injuries or even death. Hence, the followings tips must be observed while driving a motorcycle:
- Always follow traffic rules.
- Wear proper safety clothing.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Develop your riding skills with proper training.
- Maintain a considerable distance from the vehicle in front.
- Never drive drunk or under any influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Watch for road obstacles.
- Be extra cautious on turns and traffic lights.
- Don’t over speed.
- Do regular check-ups and ensure that your motorcycle is in good condition.
Motorcyclists are often unfairly accused of causing crashes by driving too fast or too dangerously. Insurance company adjusters constantly uses this as a means for reducing the plaintiff’s claim value. All the blame would be reversed and directed to motorcyclists, especially when they have no professional Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers representing them. By all means, they would try and take everything from motorcyclists involved in an accident like being injured is not enough consequence. Hence, it is in motorcyclists’ best interest to receive advice from a competent Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers, immediately after the accident.
Our expert Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers understand the constant danger of serious injury posed on the road by responsible and vigilant motorcyclists. We are a specialized Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers with years of experience in handling a wide variety of injury claims for bikers, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputation, burns, etc. We also help families to file wrongful death claims, who have lost a loved one because of motorcycle accident injuries. If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident in Bakersfield, CA, contact our Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at (661) 403-4243 to schedule a free consultation. We offer no-fee guarantee and you don’t need to pay us until we win.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.