Farahi Law Firm, APC
Follow and Like Us
Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcyclists tend to account for a significant proportion of motor vehicle accidents in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recent years reports, approximately 80000 get injured and over 5000 people die in motorcycle crashes each year in the United states. California has the largest volume of motorcycles in the nation with over 8 lakh motorcycles registered every year. And is the second state with the highest number of motorcycle fatalities after Florida.
Riding a motorcycle gives it riders an unrivaled feeling of liberation and thrill. But, unlike those driving closed cars, motorcycle riders and their passengers are vulnerable to crashes. The consequences may be disastrous when a motorcyclist is struck by a car, a truck, or another large vehicle. With little safety from the impact, the rider may sustain life-threatening injuries that take months or years to recover. Our skilled Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC can help you get fair Compensation for your Injuries.
Common Reasons of Motorcycle Accidents
- Speeding – Speeding decreases the motorcyclist’s chance of noticing and responding to other vehicles in a timely manner to avoid accident. The higher the velocity, the greater the effect and the worse the consequences.
- Cars Making a Left-Hand Turn – Typically, when turning left at an intersection, a vehicle does not see a motorcycle or does not judge the speed of the motorcycle accurately, which ends up causing a head-on crash. Right-of-way violations or distance misjudgments when making a left turn are frequent reasons for motorcycle riders to experience injuries and death.
- Lane splitting – “Lane splitting” that is driving between two lanes of slow-moving or halted traffic, is officially legal in the state of California. Owing to the near proximity of the vehicles and the limited space to navigate it is often risky for motorcyclists. Inexperienced drivers are more prone to crashes while lane splitting.
- Driving under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs – It is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. About half of all crashes involving a single motorcycle stem from alcohol or drug use.
- Distracted driving (texting, talking on a cell phone, eating etc.) – Distracted drivers often fail to notice, given motorcycles have small size as compared to other vehicles. This increases the risk of a crash.
- Weaving in and out of traffic – Zigzagging between vehicles is an unsafe practice. It endangers all drivers who share the road with you. Don’t fail to signal when changing lanes in order to avoid accidents.
- Tailgating – Rear-end crashes resulting from being followed too closely or a sudden halt can result in a motorcyclist suffering serious injury or death.
- Dangerous road conditions – Potholes, imploding pavement, debris and a lack of appropriate signals and signage will all increase the likelihood of a motorcycle rider losing control of his or her bike.
- Motorcycle defects – Poorly built or defective component of a motorcycle may cause crashes. The manufacturer shall be held responsible for any accident or death arising from the use of the faulty part.
- Inexperienced riders – Inexperienced drivers are prone to make risky moves on the road which may endanger other motorists’ safety.
Common Injuries In Motorcycle Accidents
The biggest cause of death in Motorcycle Accidents is head injury. Studies suggest that helmets reduce the risk of head injuries by sixty-nine percent. They help in preventing deaths in thirty-seven per cent of crashes. Common injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash may include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
Compensation In Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims
Securing fair compensation for injuries incurred in a motorcycle crash depends on the legal steps you take. Right after a collision, contact a skilled and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to defend your rights. You could be eligible to recover for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
Some Key Stats for Motorcycle Accidents
- As per National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcycles are more likely than cars to be involved in accidents. Full-face helmets are also the most secure type, thus reducing face injuries significantly.
- The NHTSA also notes that motorcycle accidents occur about 28 times more often than in any other vehicle, including cars.
- Motorbike deaths are more likely to happen in urban areas (53%) than in rural ones (48%).
- 91% of bikers killed in 2017 were men.
- 59% of women killed in bike crashes were passengers, although passenger-carrying bikes aren’t involved in accidents as much.
- Violation of motorcycle’s right-of-way by other vehicles is the cause of nearly two-third of multiple-vehicle accidents.
Few Tips For Safe Motorcycle Riding
It can be true fun to ride a motorcycle. However, a certain level of caution is necessary, given that motorcycles are unsafe and can cause fatal injuries or death. Hence, take care and stay safe while you enjoy riding your motorcycle with below tips:
- Always follow traffic rules.
- Wear proper safety clothing.
- Always wear helmet.
- Develop your riding skills with proper training.
- Maintain considerable distance from the vehicle in front.
- Keep sober while riding your motorcycle.
- Watch for road obstacles.
- Be extra cautious on turns and traffic lights.
- Don’t over speed.
- Do regular check-ups and ensure your motorcycle is in good condition.
Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcyclists are often unfairly accused of causing crashes by driving too fast or too dangerously. And, insurance company adjusters constantly look for means of reducing the value of the claim. It is in motorcyclists best interest to receive advice from competent motorcycle personal injury attorney immediately after the accident.
Our expert motorcycle accident attorneys understand the constant danger of serious injury posed on the road by responsible and vigilant motorcyclists. We are specialized Motorcycle Accident Law Firm in Bakersfield with years of experience in handling a wide variety of injury claims for bikers, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputation, burns etc. We also help families to file wrongful death claims, who have lost a loved one because of motorcycle accident injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident in Bakersfield, CA, Contact us at (844) 4-JUSTICE to schedule a free consultation. We offer no fee guarantee, which means that you do not pay us until we win.