Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
Award Winning Law Firm
As Seen In The News
Panorama City Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents in the greater metropolitan area of Los Angeles are extremely common. Being home to more than 7 million vehicles and over 26 million licensed drivers it is all too common to be driving home or to work and find yourself on a congested freeway because someone got rear-ended or got jackknifed on an intersection. As the metropolitan area grows and more vehicles hit the road in the neighborhood of Panorama City, being prepared to do the right thing in case you get involved in a car accident is important.
Our expert team of Panorama City car accident lawyers will walk you through the whole process if you or your loved ones ever get in a car accident. We will help you get the compensation you deserve and fight aggressively to hold the ones at fault accountable for their actions and negligence.
People sometimes think solving a car accident is simple. Sure, just getting into an agreement with the other party can be sufficient for a very minor accident. But if we get in a serious accident, the injuries from it can be life-threatening and lower our overall quality of life. Getting a personal injury lawyer to review your case is extremely important for you to get compensation for all your troubles.
Handling a car accident is scary and most of the time we are prey to some common myths regarding the actions we should take. Here are some common myths about car accidents
- The police will determine who is at fault – Contrary to popular belief the police will not determine who is at fault in a car accident. Sure, they will provide assistance in the immediate time after the crash, but they are only there to fill in the police report which will be used later by a judge and insurance companies. If they believe one of the parties committed a crime, they will take him into custody but will not determine fault or liability.
- You can work everything out with the other party – Sure, as we said before in a very minor accident like getting bumped on the parking lot it is alright to work things out between the two parties. But when you get injured and material damages are extensive, it is imperative to contact your personal injury attorney specialized in car accidents. You should never communicate with the other party for anything more than writing down their contact information and insurance details. Also, many times due to the shock from the accident many victims admit fault unwillingly, effectively nullifying any claims and compensation they could get. It is advised to contact your car accident attorney before even talking with your own insurance company.
- Your insurance company is there to help you – Insurance companies ARE NOT your friends and are not there to help you, they are a business made for profit. Insurance companies will always try to minimize any kind of compensation you are REALLY entitled to. Our expert team of car accident attorneys knows how to deal with all the predatory practices used by insurance companies and will get you the compensation you deserve.
- You cannot sue the other driver for later injuries – Some injuries or side effects from the accident will not immediately manifest. That does not mean you can’t hold the party at fault responsible for them. If the progress of your injuries is well documented by medical records you can get compensation for any injuries and damages even months after the accident occurred.
- Hiring a Car Accident Attorney is a waste of money – Contrary to popular belief, NOT hiring a car accident attorney will put you at risk. Because we are specialists on how to deal with legal matters, insurance companies, and other proceedings that come from an accident, it is in your best interest to hire one to handle your case. When you get in a serious accident dealing with paperwork, insurance claims, court hearings, etc. Can me extremely stressful, and stress is the last thing that should be in your mind when treating your injuries. With an expert car accident attorney at your side, you can focus on recuperating while we deal with all the other things.
Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents
As each car accident is different, so are the injuries. Here are some common type of car crash injuries:
- Whiplash:It is a soft tissue injury in the neck that can cause intense pain and reduced motion range.
- Bone fractures:Due to the enormous amount of force involved in a car crash, bone fractures can include crush injuries, broken ribs, arms, pelvis, hip, foot, leg, spine or skull can occur.
- Head Injury:Head injuries like skull fractures can cause chronic pain and other disabling conditions.
- Traumatic brain injury (or TBI):TBI can cause long-term catastrophic injury leading to disability.
- Spinal cord injury:Paralysis can occur depending on the location and severity of the injury on the spinal cord.
- Internal organ damage: Car accident may involve ruptured liver, spleen, kidney damage, punctured or collapsed lung, or injuries to other internal organs.
- Soft tissue injuries, cuts, and lacerationsare common too in car crashes.
Why It is Important to Determine Liability in a Car Accident in California
For anyone injured in a car crash, it is important to establish fault and liability. The decision of who pays for damages or injuries in car accidents depends upon it. In some of the car accidents like, rear-end collision, left-turn collisions, and drunk driving, liability is almost always decided in the favor of one party over the other.
California’s comparative negligence rule plays a vital role in claiming personal injury compensation. Under the Comparative Negligence Laws of California, the compensation can be limited by the amount of blame you are entitled to for the collision. Whatever the degree of your negligence, you may seek compensation from the at-fault party.
If the courts find you 20% at fault for a car accident, for example, you will receive 80% of the awarded compensation. To be able to collect damages to cover your losses, you should get your case reviewed by a Panorama City car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Our expert car accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm will fight tooth and nail to ensure you are not blamed for an accident you did not cause and will always seek fair compensation for all your claims and expenses.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Get
When Being Involved in a Car Accident?
The factors that determine what kind of compensation you can get when involved in a car accident are the severity of your injuries and any economic costs incurred as a result of the accident (loss of vehicle, body shop repairs, damaged items, etc.)
The car accident attorney on your case will understand how the incident has affected your quality of life and will take them all into account when determining the right compensation for you. The state of California places compensatory damages for car accidents and personal injuries in two categories:
- Economic damages: They are intended to cover any amount of money the victim has spent or will be required to spend in the future. Medical bills, loss of wages, loss of earning capacity, and property damage are included in this category
- Non-economic damages: This category includes subjective losses such as pain, emotional distress, physical impairment, an overall loss of quality of life, etc.
There are situations where the party at fault’s conduct might be found reprehensible or especially grievous. Because of this, punitive damages may be awarded in addition to the compensatory damage. This is done to punish and discipline the offender and dissuade others from engaging in such behavior.
Why Hire Us?
We understand how traumatic a car accident can be for victims and their loved ones, and our expert car accident attorneys in Panorama City, California are here to help. We provide the best legal support and guidance required to make a car accident injury claim as straight-forward as possible. Here are a few more reasons why you should trust Farahi Law Firm, APC with your car accident injury claim:
- We have an established record of winning substantial amounts of compensation for personal injuries on behalf of injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- We use expert medical evidence to demonstrate the immediate and long-term consequences of any sustained injuries.
- We make sure that the at-fault party pays for all the consequences of the accident.
- We have close ties with doctors, to ensure that you get expert care to help you recover quickly.
Farahi Law Firm, APC is home to the highest qualified car accident attorneys in Panorama City, California, with the expertise and strong track record that you need to resolve or litigate your car accident claim effectively. Our team of dedicated Panorama City car accident lawyers can help you navigate this tough process and hold those liable for the injuries accountable.
Have you gotten injured in a car accident in Panorama City, California? Do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation at (818) 949-1881.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.