Farahi Law Firm, APC
Follow and Like Us
Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers
Our Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers goal is to help our clients return to daily life with the compensation they require to restore their quality of life. Truck accidents can be devastating, and often cause serious injury to victims. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Bakersfield or wrongfully killed, Farahi Law Firm’s skilled truck accident lawyer in Bakersfield will help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
As per NHTSA-2018 crash stats, fatalities in crashes involving large trucks increased for 4th year in a row in the United States. The 2018 number of fatalities involving a large-truck in California is 352, accounted approximately 10% of the total fatalities. Truck accidents are more likely to cause severe injury or death than accidents involving passenger vehicles, because of their large size and weight. Studies have shown that those injured or killed in big rig accidents were occupants of other vehicles. Bakersfield truck accident lawyers can help truck accident victims to hold trucking companies, their drivers, and vehicle manufacturers accountable for their negligence.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Why do truck accidents occur so frequently on California highways? As a truck accident law firm in Los Angeles, we have seen and handled multiple truck accident injury claims. Although most of the experienced big rig drivers are conscientious and operate their rigs safely, there are still many accidents. Among the most common causes of major truck crashes, are:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – Sleep deprivation and tiredness due to long drives often cause truckers to make mistakes leading to a crash. The law restricts truck drivers to a certain number of work hours, still truckers push their body limits in order to earn a better pay-check.
- Speeding or Aggressive Driving – Speeding can easily cause truck drivers to lose control over their trucks especially at curves or a steep hill. And due to its massive size, it is much difficult to come to a complete stop when required.
- Distracted Trucking – Apart from lack of sleep or fatigue, mobile phones, food, and boredom are some other factors that easily distract big rig drivers. Even a slight distraction for couple of seconds can result in a major truck accident.
- Drug and Alcohol Use – Due to long, isolated hours behind the wheel, drugs and alcohol are more common in the Trucking industry. Truck DUI accidents have a tendency to cause serious injury. Injured in a truck accident due to drunk driver? Bakersfield truck accident law firm may be able to help you recover damages for lost wages, pain and suffering and more.
- Improperly Loaded Trailers – Improperly loaded cargo may trigger a number of issues from tire blowouts, cargo flying off and hitting other vehicles, to driver losing control etc. Rollovers or Jackknife are the common type of truck accidents because of improperly or overloaded trucks.
- Tailgating – Following commercial trucks to closely can be significantly dangerous. Tractor-trailers are so large and heavy, they require more time and room to slow down or come to a stop. When one of these big trucks is tailgating, there’s a greater chance the trucker won’t be able to stop or prevent an accident in time.
- Poor maintenance and equipment failures – Mechanical failure is another common reason of truck accidents. Truckers are required to take regular and proper maintenance of their giant machines. Because, it only takes one mechanical failure such as brakes or suspension to cause a fatal accident.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
When a large commercial truck is involved in an accident, the effects can be catastrophic. The injuries occurred are often severe and life changing in such crashes as these heavy vehicles, like semi-trucks, tractor trailers and 18-wheelers, weigh more than 10,000 pounds. Common injuries in a truck accidents may include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
Driving defensively and being vigilant around commercial trucks may help motorists to minimize their risk of being involved in a truck accident.
Liability In Truck Accident Injury Claims
Injury victims must contact an experienced truck injury lawyer soon after an accident. An experienced truck accident attorney knows the trucking industry laws and rules and can identify any possible violations of truck drivers or trucking companies that lead to the accident. You may receive compensation from various potentially responsible parties in your truck accident case, depending on the facts and circumstances of your case. Those who may be held liable include:
- Truck Driver
- Trucking Company
- Truck Owner
- Truck Manufacturer
- Cargo Loaders
- Vehicle Parts Manufacturer
- Other Drivers
- City or County Government
Our experienced Bakersfield trucking accident lawyers can guide you smoothly and effortlessly through the entire personal injury litigation process. If required, our lawyers will conduct thorough investigation and collect evidence to hold the liable party accountable for the caused damages in the courtroom.
Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers
You already know by now how serious these truck accidents can be. If you or a loved one ever get involved in a truck or a semi-truck accident then we urge you to follow following steps:
- Get Medical Attention – If you are seriously injured call for an ambulance from the accident scene. If injuries seem minor, still visit a doctor to ensure you are safe, as some injuries, such as brain damage and internal injuries, aren’t always readily noticeable.
- Call The Police – A police report is the easiest way to get the incident reported promptly, and the police should keep clear records of all the motor vehicles involved.
- Take photographs – If you aren’t critically hurt at the incident scene, take some time to get scene photos. Reach out from multiple angles to get shots. Take pictures of whatever might be appropriate, such as skid marks. Also take pictures of injuries.
- Note Down Truck Details – Note down essential details of the truck and trucker, like Name, Phone number, Address, Insurance, truck license plate, and trucking company.
- Write Down Witnesses Information: Write down information about any witness at the scene. If possible not their name and phone numbers, as they can be crucial in any investigation.
- Contact A Truck Accident Attorney – The key to a strong legal case may be getting a truck accident lawyer involved as soon as possible.
Truck or Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC are experienced in dealing with difficult trucking or insurance companies. We understand the hardships you may be facing, and our goal is to help our clients return to daily life with the compensation they require to restore their quality of life. Contact us at (844) 4-JUSTICE to schedule a free consultation.