A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents can be devastating, and often cause serious injuries to victims. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Bakersfield or was wrongfully killed, Farahi Law Firm’s skilled Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers will help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
As per NHTSA-2018 crash stats, fatalities in crashes involving large trucks increased for the 4th year in a row in the United States. The 2018 number of fatalities involving a large-truck in California is over 350 deaths, accounting for approximately 10% of the total fatalities.
Truck accidents are more likely to cause severe injuries or death than accidents involving smaller passenger vehicles, because of their large size and weight.
Studies have shown that those injured or killed in big rig accidents were occupants of other vehicles, not of the truck. Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers can help truck accident victims to hold trucking companies, their drivers, and vehicle manufacturers accountable for their negligence.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Why do truck accidents occur so frequently on Bakersfield and California highways? As a truck accident law firm in Bakersfield, we have seen and handled multiple truck accident injury claims. Although most of the experienced big rig drivers are conscientious and operate their rigs safely, there are still many accidents. Among the most common causes of major truck crashes are:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – Sleep deprivation and tiredness due to long drives often cause truckers to make mistakes leading to a crash. The law restricts truck drivers to a certain number of work hours, still truckers can push their body limits to earn a better pay-check.
- Speeding or Aggressive Driving – Speeding can easily cause truck drivers to lose control over their trucks especially at curves or a steep hill. The heavier the vehicle, the more difficult it will be to the driver to control it. And due to its massive size, it is much difficult to come to a complete stop when required.
- Distracted Trucking – Apart from lack of sleep or fatigue, mobile phones, food, and boredom are some other factors that easily distract big rig drivers. Even a slight distraction for a couple of seconds can result in a major truck accident.
- Drug and Alcohol Use – Due to long, isolated hours behind the wheel, drugs and alcohol are getting more and more common in the Trucking industry. Truck DUI accidents tend to cause serious injuries on the victims, which often do not include the truck driver. Injured in a truck accident due to a drunk driver? Bakersfield truck accident law firm may be able to help you recover damages for lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Improperly Loaded Trailers – Improperly loaded cargo may trigger several issues from tire blowouts, cargo flying off and hitting other vehicles, to the driver losing control, etc. Rollovers or Jackknife are the common types of truck accidents because of improperly or overloaded trucks.
- Tailgating – Following commercial trucks too closely can be significantly dangerous. Tractor-trailers are so large and heavy, they require more time and room to slow down or come to a stop. When one of these big trucks is tailgating, there’s a greater chance the trucker won’t be able to stop or prevent an accident in time.
- Poor maintenance and equipment failures – Mechanical failure is another common cause for truck accidents. Truckers are required to take regular and proper maintenance of their giant machines, as it only takes one mechanical failure such as brakes or suspension to cause a fatal accident.
- Natural disasters – Snow or rain can often cause bad driving conditions and might make roads more slippery or block the view of the truck driver, which may result in a traumatic accident involving multiple vehicles.
Trucking companies can be held directly responsible in an accident if they negligently hired the driver of its truck, failed to ensure proper licensure, negligently entrusted the truck driver with the truck, and/or for the lack of maintenance or proper equipping of the truck.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Driving defensively and being vigilant around commercial trucks may help motorists to minimize their risk of being involved in a truck accident, but when a large commercial truck is involved in an accident, the effects can be catastrophic.
The injuries occurred are often severe and life-changing in such crashes as these heavy vehicles, like semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and 18-wheelers, weigh more than 10,000 pounds. Common injuries in truck accidents may include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck and whiplash injuries
- Partial or total body paralysis
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
It is easy to understand that people who emerge out alive from such a massive collision need extensive medical attention, lifelong physical and chiropractic therapy, and counseling sessions to rehabilitate them towards a normal life. None of this is easy for family and friends, not to mention your pocket.
Liability In Truck Accident Injury Claims
Injury victims must contact an experienced truck injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident. An experienced Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers knows the trucking industry’s laws and rules and can identify any possible violations of truck drivers or trucking companies that lead to the accident. You may receive compensation from various potentially responsible parties in your truck accident case, depending on the facts and circumstances of your case. Those who may be held liable include:
- Truck Driver
- Trucking Company
- Truck Owner
- Truck Manufacturer
- Cargo Loaders
- Vehicle Parts Manufacturer
- Other Drivers
- City or County Government
Our experienced Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers can guide you smoothly and effortlessly through the entire personal injury litigation process. If required, our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation and collect evidence to hold the liable party accountable for the caused damages in the courtroom.
Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Bakersfield Truck Accident
You already know by now how serious these truck accidents can be. If you or a loved one ever get involved in a truck or a semi-truck accident then we urge you to follow the following steps:
- Get Medical Attention – If you are seriously injured call for an ambulance from the accident scene. If injuries seem minor, still visit a doctor to ensure you are safe, as some injuries, such as brain damage and internal injuries, aren’t always readily noticeable.
- Call The Police – A police report is the easiest way to get the incident reported promptly, and the police should keep clear records of all the motor vehicles involved.
- Take Photographs – If you aren’t critically hurt at the incident scene, take some time to get scene photos. Reach out from multiple angles to get shots. Take pictures of whatever might be appropriate, such as skid marks. Also take pictures of your injuries.
- Note Down Truck Details – Note down essential details of the truck and trucker, like name, phone number, address, insurance, truck license plate, and trucking company.
- Write Down Witnesses Information – Write down information about any witness at the scene. If possible, their name and phone numbers, as they can be crucial in any investigation.
- Contact A Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers – The key to a strong legal case may be getting a truck accident lawyer involved as soon as possible.
Having a Specialised Truck Accident Lawyer can be an Asset
Nobody can describe the feeling of what hits you when you are struck by a commercial vehicle as big as a truck. Despite the numerous federal and state laws associated with interstate trucking and operation of commercial vehicles, negligence on the part of the company and/or the driver may result in heavy losses for people traveling in the vehicle which meets with an accident with such a huge truck.
Most insurance companies do not wish to spend as much on compensation as the victim of such a massive accident deserves. It is therefore important to have an accurate estimate of the extent of your injuries as well as an adept Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers by your side if you wish to be adequately compensated for the physical and mental trauma you had to endure. Farahi Law Firm has skilled personal injury lawyers who can provide you with proper representation to ensure you get a fair deal.
To win a truck accident case, your Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers needs to be knowledgeable related to state and federal regulations concerning the operation and maintenance of trucks, tractor-trailers, and commercial vehicles. Your lawyer should also be skilled and experienced with these types of cases – just as we are.
Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC are experts in dealing with difficult trucking or insurance companies. We understand the hardships you may be facing, and our goal is to help our clients return to daily life with the compensation they require to restore their quality of life. Contact us at (661) 403-4243 to schedule a free consultation.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.