A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slipping and falling on an unsafe surface is one of the most common causes of injury both in the workplace and in our daily life. While everyone has been in that position during our lives it poses a serious risk to our health, with the risk growing as we grow older. Thankfully, California’s legislation allows you to file a claim for compensation in the case you are involved in a Slip and Fall Accident
With years of experience behind us, our team of expert lawyers at Farahi Law Firm APC can assist you to receive the compensation you deserve in the case you have an accident on unsafe premises. We believe that injuries caused by the negligence of others should never be the victim’s fault. Therefore, we will fight to the best of our capabilities and beyond to make sure the property at fault is made accountable for their negligence.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accident
While some of us might find it funny when someone else trips at the supermarket or slips on the oily floor of the gas station. Injuries from slip and fall accidents are some of the most common reasons for admission into the ER. According to the CDC, more than half a million patients are admitted into a hospital because of injuries regarding slipping and falling.
Here are some of the most common causes of a slip and fall injury:
- Wet and Slippery Floorsnormally due to the presence of liquid on the floor of the premises. Normally happens due to spillage, weather conditions, accumulation of moisture, etc. Common examples include freshly mopped floors missing warning signs, sand or dust on the stairs or ramp in hotels, and spills not cleaned up in malls or grocery stores.
- Tripping hazards Some common hazards are cords or wires running across offices, trailing cables, empty boxes blocking paths, open file cabinets, loose or torn carpet, and cracked or uneven sidewalks.
- Broken or no handrailscan result in a person losing balance or grip and taking a serious tumble leading to a very serious injury and even life-threatening situations. Such accidents are quite common in places where guests rely on handrails to climb stairs e.g. parking garages, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and hotels.
- Poor lightingis one of the situations where we are at serious risk of having a slip and fall accident. Since we rely on our sight to be aware of our surroundings, if a place isn’t well lit we run into the risk of not seeing other hazards in our way.
- Uneven or damaged sidewalks and walkways with cracks or gaps can also cause slips and falls as well. While it can be difficult to determine liability in the event of an accident, there is no denying the fact that accidents occur due to damaged sidewalks.
- Open ditches or potholes without proper warning signs and fencing may lead to significant and even life-threatening injuries.
The most common places where this kind of accident happens include grocery stores, hotels, restaurants, resorts, private homes, small businesses, apartment buildings, office spaces, pool-sides among others. Even if we think slipping and falling is our fault due to our own clumsiness, it’s the responsibility of the owner/manager of the premises to provide a safe environment.
The failure to do so can result in serious injury for the affected individual and lead to suing the owner of the place in question. If you ever get involved in a slip and fall accident it is important to contact your qualified slip and fall attorney to get the restitution you deserve for the damage caused to your person.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident?
According to the National Safety Council, injuries from slip and fall accidents account for over 9 million emergency rooms each year and are the second leading cause of death all over the country. While we can be lucky just to have some scratches and bruises, a serious injury from slipping and falling can incur extensive medical treatment, even more so among the elderly. Common injuries suffered in slip-and-fall accidents are:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries.
- Hip fractures.
- Shoulder injuries.
- Sprains and fractures.
- Strained muscles or tendons
- Soft tissue injuries
It is good to remember that no matter the extent of our injuries on a slip and fall accident, if the property is at fault for it, you are entitled to compensation for the damages to you and whatever expenses you have to cover for your treatment. From the most minor of injuries such as a simple bruise to severe ones like a concussion or a broken bone, a slip and fall accident may be the cause of lost wages, loss of income, decreasing quality of life, expensive medical bills leading to pain and suffering for you and your loved ones.
Our top of the line slip and fall lawyers in Bakersfield can help you get justice if you or your loved ones suffered a slip and fall accident that caused a serious injury caused by others’ negligence.
What to do after a Slip and Fall Accident
If you or someone you know has been injured because of a slip and fall accident on Bakersfield, these are the correct steps to take as soon as possible to protect and maintain the integrity of your case:
- Take pictures of the hazardous conditions on the premises and try to get a wide-angle shot showing the lack of signs and warnings regarding the hazard.
- Take pictures of your injuries before and after medical attention.
- Report the incident to the management/property owner. Remember to always request a copy of an accident report.
- Write down all the details from the accident as soon as possible so you can remember
- Note down witness contact details, if any.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Speak to slip and fall lawyers in Bakersfield, California as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can provide valuable assistance to you after a slip and fall accident.
- Do not give any statements to the property owner’s insurance company until after you have spoken to your certified slip and fall attorney.
While slip and fall accidents are very common, cases that go to court can be difficult to win. For a successful claim, it is not enough to prove that the accident happened on the site, but it must be proven that the property owner had a duty of care, and he was incompetent in that role. A qualified slip and fall attorney by your side can help to hold negligent property owners liable for your losses.
How to Determine Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident?
In the case of a slip and fall accident, the process to determine the property owner’s liability is always complex and time-consuming. That’s why our slip and fall attorneys at Farahi Law Firm APC recommend contacting a personal injury attorney specialized in slip and fall accidents who can handle the legal complexities of the case while you focus on your medical treatments and recovery to heal from your experience.
To successfully pursue a slip and fall accident lawsuit, the injured party must prove the following three factors to show that there was negligence on the property owner or manager’s part to ensure the safety of the people visiting the premises:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached that duty of care.
- You suffered an injury because of the property owner’s breach.
It is common for property owners to deny any kind of liability in a slip and fall accident blaming the victim. It is not uncommon for property owners and managers to deny any kind of responsibility and blame the injured party instead of acknowledging their own negligence. Also, some owners will claim they were unaware of the hazards or even deny its existence altogether
Tactics such as these are why we advise you to contact our team of expert slip and fall lawyers in Bakersfield at Farahi Law Firm to fight against these injustices and get compensated fairly for any losses or injuries during a slip and fall accident.
Types of Damages Victims may Recover from an Accident
We totally understand the financial and emotional consequences of a slip and fall accident. That’s why our team of Bakersfield slip and fall lawyers is fully committed to fight for your wellbeing and get you the highest compensation possible for your injuries while you recover and start to feel better. The economic and non-economic compensatory damages in a slip & fall accident include:
- Medical costs to cover the injuries sustained by the slip and fall incident, as well as doctors, hospital bills, and even medication costs.
- Any loss of income and wages, both present and future, caused by your slip and fall accident.
- Any physical pain and emotional distress suffered because of the accident
- Any decrease in your quality of life because of the accident, from serious medical after-effects or the loss of enjoyment in your life if you are not able to do the same activities as before the accident.
- Loss of consortium, for the deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship arising from injuries sustained due to the accident.
It is good to note that the State of California also provides punitive damages charges not meant to “make up” for your suffering but to actively punish the offending party.
Why You Should Hire our Expert Team of Slip and Fall Lawyers?
Just as with every area of work, just because you are outstanding in one subject means you will be great at everything. That’s why, you should always hire lawyers specialized in slip and fall accident cases, in case you or a loved one suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident and someone else is liable for it.
Our expert slip and fall lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC will strive to help you obtain maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, pain, and suffering, and other losses you have suffered as a result of a slip and fall accident in Bakersfield. If you have lost a loved one in a slip and fall accident we can also represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit in California. Contact us at (661) 403-4243 to schedule a free consultation.
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.