Defective Products Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Defective Products Lawyers in Bakersfield, California
Every year, hundreds of people across the US are injured by defective products. The law is clear and straightforward – manufacturers or sellers are liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Don’t suffer in silence. Hire highly-experienced Bakersfield defective products lawyers to get you the justice you deserve.
You’ve seen it in the news – countless stories of people dying or sustaining disabling injuries after using defective products. From choking because of swallowing loose toy parts to losing a limb due to malfunctioning machinery to tragic deaths because of a faulty design in motor vehicles, these are heartbreaking stories told too many times.
It’s high time to put our foot down and hold manufacturers responsible for whatever they place in the stream of commerce. If you or a loved one have been injured due to a failing product, knowledgeable Bakersfield defective products lawyers can help you assess if you have a valid claim against the seller.
So, when do you consider a product defective? Put simply, a product is in defective condition if it poses a danger of physical harm to the user sans adequate instructions or warnings. This is just one part of it. To better understand how and when a product can be considered defective, we have to look into the three types of defects that may result in liability to one or all of the parties involved in manufacturing and selling the product.
- Faulty design. The product is inherently unsafe because of its defective design.
- Faulty manufacturing. An error that occurs while the product is being put together.
- Faulty warnings. Inadequate warnings and instructions for using the product safely.
Proving any of these three means you most likely will have a valid claim against the manufacturer or seller of the product/service that caused physical harm to you or a loved one.
Depending on the advice of your lawyer and the nature of your case, you can go after anyone of the following, if not, all of them:
- The product manufacturer;
- A manufacturer of component parts;
- A party that assembles or installs the product;
- The wholesaler; and
- The retail store that sold the product to the consumer.
Adding Weight to your Claim
Going after manufacturers of defective products can be very complicated that’s why it’s essential that you base your claim on strict liability, negligence, and breach of warranty.
- Strict liability. This is essentially command responsibility. For example, a retail store selling defective products can be held liable for the injuries even if it’s not the direct cause of the defect.
- Negligence. To prove negligence on the part of the manufacturer, you must show that they breached their legal duty by failing to give adequate protection while using their product resulting in harm, injury, or death.
- Breach of Warranty. A product warranty is a guarantee that a particular product will perform in a specific way or up to a specific standard. If a product does not perform according to its warranty, then a breach has been committed.
Common Cases of Defective Products in California
- Vehicles. The most common are transmission failure; failure in the steering mechanisms; faulty wiring; latch defects; ignition failures; and explosive airbags.
- Personal Care Products. Many personal care products have been known (deodorants, hair des, tampons, perfumes, hair spray, etc.) to cause conditions ranging from skin rashes and chemical burns to damage to body systems and cancer.
- Child Care Products. These include faulty child seats; mattresses or bedding made from toxic materials; unstable cradles or pens; dangerous chemical compounds on rattles, bottles, and teething rings.
- Sporting Products. These are sporting goods and/or equipment that do not meet safety regulations such as faulty design of bicycles; snorkel masks that break under water; or a helmet made from flimsy material.
- Home Products. From refrigerators over heating to gas heaters causing fires, defective home products are known to cause severe damage both to life and property.
- Toys. Certainly very tragic, hundreds of children have died or been injured due to swallowing suffocating tiny parts; being exposed to toxic plastic toys (lead poisoning); using toys that cut or cause burns; or ingesting tiny magnets that lead to internal damage.
- Medicines. Defective medications can result in life-threatening conditions such as stroke, heart clots, kidney failure, and internal bleeding among others.
There are some products that are unavoidably harmful due to the nature of their use. These include knives, scissors, pesticides, herbicides, guns, certain vaccines, and the list goes on. While it may be difficult to claim product liability for these types of products, it isn’t impossible. Get the best legal device from highly experienced Bakersfield defective products lawyers to help you achieve justice.
What to Do
Were you or a loved one injured by a defective product? Here are some of the steps you can take as you start building your case against the manufacturer:
- Keep the product if you can. This is essential for evidence and is your best ammo for your case.
- Document everything. Take video proof as well as photos of the defective product and the damages it caused. Keep a journal so you can record what you had to go through due to your injuries. Make sure you have all your medical bills and other pertinent receipts in one place.
- Know your state’s statute of limitations. For California, it’s two years from when the injury was discovered. Get to filing your claim well before the statute of limitations expires so you won’t be pressed for time.
- Get a good attorney. Your efforts will be all for naught if you don’t hire a good lawyer to represent you. Don’t settle for less! Look for the best Bakersfield defective products lawyers who are willing to fight the battle with you.
- File a claim. Now that you’re ready, all you need is to buckle up for the long ride.
In it for YOU
You don’t have to go through it alone. We, at Farahi Law Firm, APC are experienced Bakersfield defective products lawyers with an extensive track record to back it up. We’re ready and willing to take you with you all the way to the end! You’re one step closer to attaining justice when you call us at (661) 403-4243. Absolutely NO FEES until we win. Call us now for a FREE consult. At Farahi Law Firm, YOUR justice is OUR cause.
Free Case Review
Like and Follow Us
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.