A Proven Track Record of Success
Through Settlement, We Dedicate Ourselves to Provide our Clients the Medical Treatment they Need and Money They Deserve.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Defective Drugs Attorneys
Have you been a victim of injury because of defective pharmaceutical drugs? Farahi Law Firm’s exceptional defective drugs lawyers in Bakersfield will fight on behalf of the victims to get the rightful compensation and achieve the justice they deserve. We understand the process of filing a defective drug lawsuit can be challenging and stressful at times, and we are committed to being there to support you every step of the way. Contact us for a free consultation today.
A defective drug can dramatically change a patient’s life, from aggravating the illness or condition to serious side effects that instead of relieving the symptoms of an illness can lead to new medical conditions. Thousands of lives a year are changed because of defective drugs. As the pharmaceutical industry continues to expand, so do negligence cases regarding drug defects and unforeseen side-effects. With new medication being rolled out to the consumers every day, it often means a constant recall for new drugs.
Pharmaceutical Liability in Bakersfield
The general public has no way to know whether a medication is harmful or defective, as they aren’t privy to the pharmaceutical processes and substances that are used in the manufacturing of new drugs. It’s the pharmaceutical companies’ responsibility and duty to maintain the highest standards in the drug manufacturing process and deliver a safe drug in the market.
Not notifying the customers of adverse side effects, hiding evidence of problems with the drugs or knowingly selling unsafe drugs will make the pharmaceutical companies utterly responsible for the damages they inflict on the average citizen. According to the laws in the State of California, pharmaceutical liability falls under the field of product liability. In a case involving pharmaceutical liability there are three common causes for filing a lawsuit:
- Manufacturing drug defect:When the manufacturing process was flawed and a defective drug resulted in an adverse reaction or injury, the pharmaceutical manufacturer must be held liable for their negligence. Manufacturing mistakes may occur during labeling, packaging, or shipment.
- Drugs with serious side effects:Drug Manufacturers have to ensure the drugs and medicines are properly tested before they are sold to the public. If a person experiences serious side effects and was not made aware of such possible risks, they can sue the manufacturer or the marketing company for their injury.
- Failure to warn:Often known as “marketing defects,” this happens when a drug is correctly manufactured, but the packaging does not include the appropriate instructions, warnings, or recommendations concerning the use of that particular drug. This failure to disclose proper information makes such drugs unreasonably unsafe for consumers.
Pharmaceutical Negligence reports usually get substantial media coverage as awareness of a drug defect is obviously in the public interest. Because of the complexities of the defective drug law, hiring a qualified lawyer specialized in defective is advisable and encouraged in Bakersfield. Their previous knowledge and awareness of Bakersfield’s drug recall rules will provide a far greater likelihood of success with a drug defect lawsuit.
Potential Defendants in A Defective Drug Lawsuit
To substantiate a defective pharmaceutical drug injury claim, the affected party must prove that: they were injured; the drug was defective or falsely marketed, and that the injury was caused by a drug defect or its improper marketing. Anyone in the pharmaceutical drug distribution chain can be held responsible in a pharmaceutical liability lawsuit. Thus, multiple parties can be held accountable in such claims, including:
- Drug Manufacturer: The drug manufacturer may be found liable in a pharmaceutical case for any of the 3 causes previously mentioned
- Drug Testing Labs: Before it makes its way to the consumer market, a drug has to undergo stringent testing and clinical trials. Mistakes in testing, falsification of results, or any fraudulent behavior by drug testing labs can have dangerous consequences. Negligent laboratories can be sued to recover compensation for damages as a result of their negligent conduct.
- Hospitals, Clinics, or Doctors: Anyone, including doctors, hospitals, or clinics, that failed to provide accurate information about the drug’s side effects can be held liable for the defective drug injury.
- Pharmacy: The pharmacy that sold the drug will be responsible for the injuries if a pharmacist misread the prescription and gave you the wrong dosage of a medicine or gave the wrong drug.
To hold a large-scale pharmaceutical drug manufacturer liable for manufacturing or marketing of the defective drug is a complex and difficult task. These big companies will have their own attorneys to represent them, and a high budget to defend themselves. To begin the drug defect lawsuit process, you need to find an accomplished defective drug lawyer in Bakersfield like Farahi Law Firm, APC.
Our skilled drug defect attorneys will conduct thorough research to determine the pharmaceutical company’s negligence when these drugs were released for public consumption. We will also investigate the drug manufacturer’s role in great detail, and if any negligence is found on their part, we will not hesitate in taking action against them.
Class Action Lawsuits for Defective Drugs
Individuals who are hurt by a defective drug have the right to bring a case against the pharmaceutical company for their injuries. Since so many people consume these defective drugs, the number of individual plaintiffs can be in hundreds or thousands. The court allows all the plaintiffs to come together and file a class-action lawsuit against the manufacturer at once.
You and your lawyer may also consider contacting the drug manufacturer personally first because they might be willing to settle out of court to minimize the media attention your case will receive. But it is always beneficial for an injured individual to join in a mass case against the party at fault. Class action lawsuits are likely to result in quicker and more substantial compensation as compared to an individual lawsuit.
However, you should not worry whether or not this is possible. Our experienced defective drugs lawyers in Bakersfield will be sure to file your case with the proper court, whether a civil or class action suit; and we will fight hard for you to secure the compensation you need.
List of Current Defective Drug Lawsuits
Over recent years, there has been a plethora of cases aimed at defective drugs, and several other medications that have been taken out of the market following the discovery of adverse effects not previously known.
If you or a loved one took either of the following medications and thereby suffered an injury, contact our expert pharmaceutical negligence attorneys immediately, you might have a claim:
- Actemra:Lawsuits for Liver Injury, Heart Problems, Pancreatitis
- Belviq:Lawsuits for Pancreatic Cancer, Colon Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Lung Cancer
- SGLT2 Diabetes Drugs (Invokana, Farxiga, and Jardiance):Lawsuits for Fournier’s Gangrene, leg, foot or toe(s) amputations
- Ocaliva:Lawsuits for Serious Liver Injury
- Prilosec:Lawsuits for Acute Interstitial Nephritis or Chronic Kidney Disease
- Viberzi:Lawsuits for Pancreatitis or Sphincter of Oddi Spasm
- Uloric:Lawsuits for Cardiovascular Deaths, Heart Problems, Strokes, Kidney Failure
- Tasigna:Lawsuits for Atherosclerosis-Related Diseases, Aneurysms, Pulmonary Embolism, Renal Failure
- Victoza:Lawsuit for Pancreatic Cancer
- Zantac:Lawsuit for cancer (bladder, uterine, stomach, breast, kidney, liver, testicular, and pancreatic)
- Johnson & Johnson Talc:Lawsuit for Ovarian cancer, Mesothelioma
The aforementioned list does not cover all the defective drugs that have been in circulation – there are many more pharmaceutical products that could result in serious medical problems for patients, possibly entitling them to compensation. Farahi Law Firm, APC, a top-rated defective drugs law firm in Bakersfield remains well informed of drug defect or recall announcements.
Have you been injured as a result of taking an unsafe or defective drug? To begin the defective drug lawsuit process, you need to find an accomplished defective drugs law firm in Bakersfield like Farahi Law. Our defective drug attorneys have an established track record of winning lawsuits for our clients. Contact us today to discuss your case free of charge at (661) 403-4243. You don’t have to pay us a cent until we win your case
Free Case Review
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.