Personal Injury Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
Free Case Review
As Seen In The News
Bakersfield Child Injury Attorneys
Watching our children have an accident is a parent’s worst fear. At Farahi Law Firm’s we know the stress and duress families have to go through when their child is injured. Our compassionate Child Injury attorneys in Bakersfield, California, always feel honored when parents trust us with the responsibility of protecting their child’s interests.
Our attorneys always strive to create a safer community for children. We fight aggressively for your child and hold liable parties accountable for their actions, hoping to set an example and deter anyone else from committing such negligence against someone so innocent.
According to the data collected by the World Health Organization (WHO), every year more than 83,000 children perish due to accidental injuries. Having your child at risk because of an accident can make parents go through a difficult and stressful time. Our Bakersfield child injury attorneys treat the responsibility of representing an injured child with absolute respect. An injury does not mean the end for children’s future, and we will always strive to make that future as bright as possible.
Steps to When Your Child Has Been Injured
Before addressing the most common injuries our dear children can suffer in an accident, it is important to know what to do in the worst-case scenario, taking the following steps will ensure your child has a quick and prompt recovery, as well as helping your claim against the one whom his negligence led to your child being injured:
- Seek Urgent Medical Attention: Take your child to the hospital as quickly as possible, even when the symptoms seem minor, they can develop into long term injuries.
- Document the Accident Details: Write down as many details about your child’s injury as you can. Documenting the accident circumstances will also help your case. Always take pictures of both the accident site and your child’s injuries.
- Report the Incident: Report the incident to the relevant authorities nearby. For example, if the accident happened at school notify the principal or supervisor and if your child was injured due to a car accident you should report it to the police.
- Get in touch with our Bakersfield Child Injury Accident Lawyers: The claims regarding child injury are challenging. You should therefore seek legal representation to maximize your chances of earning the reasonable compensation that you and your child deserve.
Common Types of Child Injury Cases
We know that if it were up to us, our children would be out of harm’s way all the time, sadly, they can’t be so. Knowing the conditions in which the child was injured will help you in your quest to seek justice if any harm comes to them. Our Bakersfield Child Injury attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC have found that the bulk of the cases of child injuries that we handle are linked to the following types of accidents:
- Slip & Falls: Children can also suffer injuries like adults due to slip and fall accidents. Unsafe stairs, wet and slippery floors are some common hazards.
- Car accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of child fatalities in the United States. Children are vulnerable to injuries even when using safety seats. Any negligent or drunk driver can cause a collision that leads to severe injury for you and your child.
- School bus accidents: Accidents on the way to school or a field trip are too common because of the unsafe conditions of the school buses. The lack of safety belts, airbags, and proper seats, coupled with a distracted or overconfident driver can lead your child to suffer serious injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Cycling is an extremely fun activity for children. Who doesn’t remember those small bicycle gangs we formed in our neighborhoods with our childhood friends? Still, A child riding a bicycle will always be at risk of being hit by a distracted or drunk driver. Any vehicle on the road should be cautious for others, this includes children going out on their bikes.
- Pedestrian accidents: As pedestrians, children are at high risk of getting injured due to traffic collisions. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports, one in every five children under the age of 15 killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians in 2017.
- Birth injuries: Any kind of harm to a baby that takes place during or near birth is considered as a birth injury. Common birth injuries may include lack of oxygen (birth asphyxia), undue pressure on the baby’s head or body (birth trauma), and contracting an infection or other complications.
We understand a birth injury can bring pain and grief. If the injuries to your baby were the result of medical malpractice or neglect, contact our Medical Malpractice attorneys in Bakersfield today for an aggressive lawsuit.
- Playground injuries: Lack of maintenance or improperly mounted equipment in playgrounds can lead to accidents and injuries for our children. One can hold the playground operator responsible for the child’s injuries and claim compensation for the same.
- Toy-related injuries: If your child’s toy was defective or the manufacturer failed to warn you of information about any hazards present in the toy, an experienced child injury attorney can help you hold the company strictly liable for damages that your child had to suffer due to a defective product.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming pool fun can quickly turn into a tragedy. Pool owners must always provide a safe environment for children and adults alike. Failure to do so can result in severe injuries to children. Common swimming pool injuries are drowning, slip and fall, and electrocution.
- Dog bites: Because of their small stature, young kids are at high risk of getting severely injured in case of a dog attack or dog bite, and the emotional trauma may stay with a child for life. Getting a companion for your child sure is lovely, yet we advise to never leave children unsupervised around a dog, from the smallest Chihuahua to the largest Mastiff, they can cause serious injury to an unsuspecting child.
- Sports injuries: More than 2.6 million children a year are admitted to ER for sports-related injuries, according to CDC reports. Football, soccer, hockey, and other full-contact activities usually result in the most serious threats to players. Coaches and other activity managers are responsible for ensuring the children wear safety clothing and are trained adequately for the activity undertaken.
- Daycare negligence, abuse, and neglect: Daycare child abuse and neglect include a wide variety of actions that may affect your child, including sexual assault, physical violence, confinement, malnutrition, and lack of proper monitoring. Let expert Bakersfield child injury lawyers work for you and your family and help your child deal with their physical and emotional distress.
- Amusement park accidents: Amusement parks are fun environments for kids. Nonetheless, your child can be hurt by faulty equipment and reckless staff. If your child suffered an injury at a town fair or an amusement park, both the operators and park managers can be held liable for their injuries.
If your child is injured, we understand the pain and suffering. We will treat your child like if they were our own and give him a fighting chance at life by gaining the financial support necessary for medical care, lost time at school, and other losses caused by the responsible party. Contact our skilled Child Injury attorneys to discuss your case free of costs.
What Compensation Is Available for Child Injuries?
Several different parties may be found liable, based on the circumstances of the injuries to your child. Common examples include:
- The driver at fault in a car accident
- The manufacturer of unsafe toy or product
- School or daycare facility negligent in providing proper supervision
- Owners of the premises where your child was injured.
Being a parent, your priority should be your child’s healthy recovery. As their medical treatment is likely to be expensive, obtaining legal counsel without any delay will let you claim compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Home care costs
- Household and vehicle modifications
- Cost of special schools or educational programs
- Permanent disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain}
Contact Farahi Law Firm After Your Child Suffers An Injury
Not only do our Bakersfield Child Injury lawyers at Farahi Law Firm, APC offer aggressive and dedicated legal representation to our clients, but we also have the resources to support them. We provide all our expertise, and contacts to ensure that the person responsible for your child’s injury is held accountable, whether it be an individual or a corporation. For this to be achieved, we will:
- Consult with medical professionals to evaluate the extent and associated costs of your child’s injuries.
- Thoroughly analyze the accident scenario and create a solid reconstruction with professional assistance.
- Carry out an in-depth crash scene investigation and gather evidence at the scene.
- Obtain witness statements.
- Deal with Insurance companies on your behalf.
If you believe that the injuries to your child have been the result of negligent acts by another entity, private or otherwise, speak to our expert child injury lawyers in Bakersfield immediately. Contact us for a free consultation today at (661) 403-4243. We work on a No Win No Fee basis, so you don’t have to spend a dime until we win your case.
Free Case Review
Our Recent Blogs
Our Clients Testimonials
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
No spam, notifications only about new updates on Farahi Law Firm, APC.