Panorama City, California
Truck Accident Lawyers
FARAHI LAW FIRM, APC
Top 100 in the Nation!
As Seen In The News
Truck Accident Lawyers in
Panorama City, California
Passenger buses, truck-trailers, and all types of trucks pose a higher risk of danger for pedestrians, bicyclers, and other drivers on the road due to their huge size. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), at least 3,921 people died in 2012 due to accidents that involved these types of vehicles.
Moreover, 104,000 people got injured in 333,000 accidents involving large trucks. This represents an increase of 18% compared to 2011 statistics.
The NHTSA also reported that in California, 244 large trucks were involved in fatal accidents, representing 6.4% of all the truck accidents recorded nationally. These statistics placed California second to Texas (14.3%) in the rank of most truck accidents.
If you or a loved one got injured in an accident with a passenger bus or a truck-trailer, remember that you are entitled to compensation. Truck accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm are available 24/7 to answer your questions. Call us at (818) 949-1881 for a free evaluation of your case.
Facts on Truck Accidents:
The following statistics were provided by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) on truck accidents:
- The majority of the fatal accidents that involved large trucks occur in rural areas and interstate highways.
- 83% of fatal accidents that involved these types of vehicles occur between Monday and Friday and only 36% happen at night within 6:00 pm and 6:00 am
- Collisions with trucks are the leading causes of injuries (84%) and property damage (76%)
- A dump truck is the main cause in 4% of all fatal accidents and 2% in the not fatal ones.
- In 2018, 30% of fatal accidents that happened in work zones and 10% of the injuries that occurred in these areas were related to large trucks.
- In 2018, there were 13.5 large truck fatal accidents per million people in the United States, a significant increase of 27% compared to 2010.
- In 2018, an average of 1.12 people died in accidents that involved large trucks at which 90% of the cases there is one deceased. Moreover, in most of these cases, the victim was not a truck passenger.
If you, or a loved one, got injured in an accident involving a truck, contact us as soon as possible! At Farahi Law Firm, our truck accident lawyers will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7 to answer your inquiries.
Truck Accidents Causes
Buses, truck-trailers, and other large trucks, if not handled and driven carefully, can be really dangerous for everyone on the road. Some common situations that could lead to an accident are:
- Inadequate driving techniques. Drivers should keep their cargo safe and have defensive driving.
- Trim systems on trucks that encourage faster speeds and more hours of consecutive operation than what is normally advisable.
- Demanding work schedules by trucking companies pressuring their drivers to make trips at high speeds to reduce delivery times, not caring that they put their safety at risk.
Furthermore, climate issues, like rain, could be a determining factor for an accident involving a truck to occur, especially when the state of the vehicles was normally not at best due to lack of maintenance.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a collision with a truck, overwhelming feelings of shock and fear will immediately take over you. Oftentimes, moments right after the accident were the most crucial especially for the plaintiff so the best conditions to favor a claim must always be observed. Below are some steps that you must follow to ensure that everybody in your vehicle gets proper medical attention and wins your case:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Make sure that all the involved, including you, are checked by the paramedics. With the adrenaline rushing and everything going on, you could underestimate your injuries and think that you are fine. Besides, you must remember that the medical records could be evidence in your claim against the driver and/or the trucking company.
- Call the Police. Their report on the incident will have all the important information, about the weather, the road, and the condition of the vehicles at the moment in which the collision occurred. The traffic collision report to be provided by the police will be really useful to win your case.
- Take photographs. If you have the chance, take as many photographs as you can of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damage to your vehicle. If you cannot do it, ask one of your passengers or anyone to capture the images or consider going back, if you can, to capture the images as soon as possible.
- Keep your devices in your vehicle. If your vehicle is equipped with a camera, retrieve the video of the accident immediately. This will be an important piece of evidence for your claim.
- Keep a folder with all documents related to the accident. You must file all the hospital bills, photographs, car reparation receipts, and any other document related to the incident that may be presented as evidence against the accused party.
- Never talk to the other party’s insurance company. You must never talk to the defendant’s adjusters, legal representatives, or even him/herself. They want to reduce the amount of compensation you are entitled to, so your attorney must be always present when you talk to the insurance company.
- Contact Farahi Law Firm. Our truck accident lawyers are the most experienced in Panorama City. They will answer your inquiries and walk you through the entire process for you to obtain the justice you deserve.
Most Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
The injuries that you can sustain after being involved in an accident with a truck can vary depending on the type of truck and the severity of the collision. However, some of the most recurrent injuries are:
- Head. They could go from bruises to traumatic brain injuries.
- Back and neck. At least 3 million Americans suffered whiplash injuries, as a result of a car accident.
- Spinal cord. An injury in this region can cause partial or complete paralysis, either temporarily or permanently.
- Burns. These types of injuries are more frequent when the vehicular incident occurs against a tank truck since its load tends to encourage fire to spread quickly. Burns to varying degrees and disfigurement are always a possibility.
- Amputations. These can happen in the scene of the impact or they could be the result of a crushing injury.
- Internal injuries. Despite airbags being designed to protect passengers at the moment of impact, the opening force of this device may cause some injuries in the abdominal organs or a fracture on the ribs.
- Fractures and/or broken bones. It is not rare that those who have been involved in an accident with a truck had a hand or leg fractured or broken.
In the worst cases, the possibility of deaths is always on the table. In these cases, you must consider filing a claim to help a wrongful claim. Nothing compares to the pain of losing a loved one and getting the compensation and justice you deserve is the least we can do for you.
Let us help you! Do not hesitate to contact us! Our truck accident lawyers will fight with you to obtain the justice you deserve.
Who is liable for a truck accident in Panorama City?
When you are involved in an accident with a truck, many factors could determine who is responsible for causing the accident. More often than not, the defendant can deny liability especially if the victim provides insufficient evidence to support their claims.
First of all, you must know that truck drivers fall into three categories :
- Owner/operator. These drivers have their own trucks and rent them to trucking companies or operate them as independent contractors. They may move loads for different companies.
- Trucking companies’ drivers. They are employees of a specific company and they don’t own the trucks.
- Owners/independent operators. These drivers operate their own trucks to move goods produced by themselves.
Although some accidents were put on the truck driver’s responsibility, several factors could also lead to the occurrence of an accident such as lack of maintenance of the trucks, using defective pieces for reparations, and/or incorrect cargo loading.
A lot of people could be liable for these types of accidents, from the driver to the trucking company, even the truck parts manufacturers and /or unit maintainer.
The most effective way to determine liability and get the justice you deserve is to have the best team of truck accident lawyers in Panorama City on your side. Hire Farahi Law Firm! Call us at (818) 949-1881 for a free evaluation of your case.
Damages We Recover for You
The best team of truck accident lawyers in Panorama City are from Farahi Law Firm and it is in your best interest to be represented by these hardworking professionals. They will be on your side and will not rest until they win your case. Our attorneys can recover damages such as:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Additional expenses caused by the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
Contact Farahi Law Firm
Have you been involved in an accident caused by a truck? Did you get severely injured or did someone die? Do not hesitate and contact us. Truck accident lawyers at Farahi Law Firm are the most experienced lawyers in Panorama City. They are always available and very willing to help you obtain the justice you deserve and the compensation you are entitled to. Call us today at (818) 949-1881 for a free evaluation of your case.
Our Practice Areas
Our Clients Testimonials
Like and Follow Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Although it is the most recurrent question that customers ask, it is the most difficult to answer. To define the value of your case we need to know all the details of the accident and do an investigation of similar cases to be able to compare the losses and agreements that were reached on each occasion. As we already mentioned, determining liability in truck accidents is very complex, so defining a possible settlement and value of the case requires detailed evaluation. Please call us so we can do it for free.
It all depends on the degree of responsibility you have had. Under the principle of “comparative negligence,” the total legal liability of the other party is determined by comparing their level of carelessness with yours. The result will define the damages you will have to pay.
Only 10% of cases go to court, saving thousands of dollars on both sides of the dispute and speeding you up to the money you need for your medical expenses. However, you should know that if necessary we will go to court to defend your interests.
We will ask you to tell us any relevant information about the case. Emphasize whether you have photos, videos, police reports, or any information from the insurance company. Remember that to make a thorough evaluation we need facts and evidence.
The truck accident attorneys at Farahi Law Firm work with a contingency scheme; that is, we do not charge a penny until you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.