Met with an Accident in Ride Sharing? Hire Uber-Lyft-Car Sharing Lawyers for Appropriate Action
The prevalence of ride-sharing companies can be seen everywhere. They are cheaper compared to hiring a taxi and they also are one of the fastest, cheapest and most convenient form to travel. Many people who are daily commuters but do not wish to use public transport, prefer to take an Uber or Lyft or any other ride sharing car. You can call a cab at your location with an app and often the rides are cheaper than conventional taxis. However, as is the case with most motor vehicles, car sharing rides too can meet with an accident. What are the options available for people who have been sharing a ride and met with an accident?
According to Farahi Law Firm, in case you were hit by an Uber or Lyft driver or you were a passenger in the car when it met with an accident, you can claim personal injury award from the company. These companies carry an underlying policy of $1,000,000 with an excess policy of $5,000,000. The companies often contest if the car sharing ride did not have any passenger, then they do not cover injuries which resulted from the accident. In case you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving a rideshare car, you should contact experienced car sharing attorneys immediately.
What can cause an accident in a rideshare cab?
Accidents can happen with anyone, anytime. Many rideshare car accidents take place due to a judgemental error of the driver. Ridesharing Companies like Uber or Lyft ensure a complete background and driving record check of the driver while also requiring the driver having an insurance cover for their vehicles. However, despite all precautions, accidents can still happen. Most drivers are working overtime, they are working regular jobs and are often fatigued when driving the rideshare cars. Exhaustion or distracted driving might result in accidents.
Negligent or reckless driving is another major cause of accidents in case of rideshare cars. It is important for drivers to follow all traffic rules, drive within speed limits, or pass a vehicle in a proper way. They should not indulge in erratic and rash driving as it may result in accidents. Additionally, Uber or Lyft drivers should avoid taking any dangerous shortcuts for reaching the destination, as it may cause accidents to take place.
What to do if you met with an accident while riding a rideshare cab?
Being in an accident can be quite shocking for everyone. One of the first steps is to ensure that everyone is safe and then call 911. Take photographic evidence of the accident. It might be important when you file a case. Gather other important information like license plate number and name and phone number of other parties involved in the accident. Get information about witnesses (if any) of the accident, contact your insurance company and ensure that you hire a good accident attorney for your rideshare accident case.
Steps You Should Take After An Uber Accident
- Make sure everyone is okay. You want to be sure everyone involved is safe.
- Call 911. Depending on the severity of the crash and any injuries sustained, it is crucial to get emergency services on the scene.
- Take photos of the accident. Get as many as possible.
- Get everyone’s information, including phone numbers and license plate numbers.
- Get information from any/all witnesses
- Contact your insurance company
- Jot down your thoughts immediately after the accident. This will help you remember the details better in the future to avoid any confusion.
- Stay calm. You don’t want to do anything to escalate the situation.
The Dangers of Ridesharing
Lack of regulation and rapid growth have made ridesharing one of the most successful and most legally murkynew industries in recent years. Although people love ridesharing apps like Lyft for their convenience and affordability, making sure these companies are operating ethically can be a challenge—especially when it comes to accidents.
Lyft accidents may affect drivers, riders, or pedestrians. If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, you should consider hiring an attorney before talking to your insurance provider or dealing with the company directly. An experienced rideshare lawyer will advocate for you in court, and work to get the monetary compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Why Hire an Attorney after a Car Accident?
Whether you’ve been injured in a Uber-Lyft-Car-Sharing, you should talk with an experienced Uber-Lyft-Car-Sharing Lawyers as soon as you are able.
Insurance companies often push for a quick settlement. They may claim that it’s to help you bridge the gap while you’re unable to work, or because they want to get your medical expenses paid. However, their goal is always to minimize the amount of money they pay to you and your medical providers.
Talking to an attorney doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll choose to file a lawsuit. Whatever course of action you choose, informing yourself should be the first step.
When you schedule a free consultation with our firm, we will:
- Listen to your story and answer your question
- Assess your case and explain what compensation may be available
- Provide you with the information you need to make good decisions about your next steps
If you choose to retain us to represent you, we will:
- Create a buffer between you and the insurance company
- Investigate your accident and build the strongest case possible on your behalf
- Identify, interview, and prepare witnesses
- Work with experts to establish liability and damages
- Continue to listen to you and answer your questions
- Protect your interests every step of the way