5 Misconceptions about a California Personal Injury Claim
When someone else’s negligence in a car accident causes you to suffer serious bodily injuries, they may be held liable through a California personal injury claim. A Farahi Law Firm personal injury attorney will take the time to carefully evaluate your case to determine if you have a valid claim.
Working with an attorney is an important part of the process because there are many misconceptions and challenges involved in injury cases that may leave you without the compensation you need and deserve.
There are 5 common misconceptions that you should be aware of when it comes to a California personal injury claim:
- insurance companies will work with you to help you get the most compensation from your settlement;
- there can be no settlement with the insurance company unless you provide them with a recorded statement;
- the other party’s insurance company is required to immediately pay your medical bills;
- an attorney can promise you what your claim is worth or guarantee the outcome of your case; and
- you must see a doctor that your attorney chooses for you.
It’s important to understand that these misconceptions can potentially ruin your case. Speaking with a knowledgeable Farahi Law Firm personal injury attorney is the best way to protect your legal rights.
Insurance companies are looking out for their own bottom lines, not paying out fair claims. Additionally, you are under no legal obligation to allow an insurance company to record your conversations, just like the insurance companies are allowed to drag their feet when it comes to paying your claim or medical bills.
While an attorney can potentially get you a higher settlement than you would be able to get on your own, beware of any lawyers who make promises about settlements or the outcome of your case as no lawyer can guarantee how a claim will resolve.
If you plan to file a California personal injury claim due to injuries you have sustained in a serious accident in California, consult with us today.
Contacting a Farahi Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in the California area please call us immediately for a FREE evaluation (844) 824-2955.