Uninsured Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you are involved in an accident with uninsured motorist, the insurance companies tries to limit the sum they need to pay you and try to secure their own benefits. So you need an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf and stop this attempt. Uninsured Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Farahi Law Firm, APC will be able to help you with their expertise and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your damages.
Who is considered as Uninsured Motorist/Motor Vehicle?
- A motor vehicle not covered by a liability insurance policy. Including where motor vehicle is insured but coverage is denied. (e.g. disqualified driver, a stolen vehicle, etc.).
- An unidentified driver or unidentified owner in case of a hit-and-run case.
- Vehicle will be considered uninsured if the insurance company goes out of business while your case was pending.
In California, all motorists are required by law to carry motor vehicle liability insurance policies. Even though it is the law, there are many people who do not carry auto insurance, some can’t afford and some don’t really bother. But if you have been involved in such accident where the driver was driving an uninsured vehicle you can still be able to make claim for your car damages and injuries. And this is possible because of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM). It is mandatory for insurance companies to offer UM/UIM to all their policy holders. As a California driver you can choose not to buy it, but you must sign a form, called waiver. The form says you turned down the offered coverage. Although its optional but it’s always good to have such coverage to protect yourself and your family from unwanted accidents with uninsured vehicles.
Types of Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM)
If you are involved in an accident with uninsured motorist, provided that you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can file a claim with your insurance company. This coverage is of two types:
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury (UMBI): If you and your passengers get injuries as a result from an accident caused by an uninsured driver, this coverage pays you for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages. The liability coverage limits apply here too.
- Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD): This pays for the damages an uninsured driver causes to your car in an accident. The limit is $3,500. You only get paid if the uninsured driver is identified.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage Applies in Following Situations:
- Pedestrian accident
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Passenger in the vehicle
- Wrongful death
- Other persons with your permission to drive your car
If you are involved in an accident with uninsured motorist and your insurance provider wrongfully denies the claim, low balls a claim or delays the payment of compensation; you may be able to bring a lawsuit for punitive damages. Los Angeles uninsured motorist accident attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC understands the complexities of California law, and know how to help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your sufferings.
Call us for a free consultation today (844) 4-JUSTICE.