Motorcyclists ‘ security on the highways of our nation has become a growing problem among road safety experts. In last 10 years, the number of motorcyclist crash-related fatalities has more than doubled. California is the state with largest volume of motorcycles in the nation. Over 800000 motorcycles are registered in California alone. Below, are a few of the various available Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California.
- California’s total number of motorcycle deaths were second only to Florida’s.
- In urban regions 57% of the motorcycle fatalities occurred, compared to 43 percent in rural areas.
- 72 percent of the motorcycles involved in two-vehicle traffic crashes were impacted in the front.
- In 2016, speeding was the reason for 33 percent of all motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes.
- In California motorcycle fatalities increased 11 percent from 494 in 2015 to 548 in 2016.
- Deaths from motorcyclists without a helmet risen by 9% from 23 in 2015 to 25 in 2016.
- California’s motorcycle fatalities accounted for 15.1% of total motor vehicle deaths in 2016.
- 25% of motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes in 2016 were alcohol-impaired. (Source: 2016 FARS ARF)
- Males in age group 25-34 are more likely to get injured severely in collisions-involved motorcycles.
- Harley-Davidson (26%) is the most common brand of motorcycle ridden at the time of collision.
Stay Safe California
Motorcycle accident deaths in the state of California have risen by 175 percent over the past 10 years. Motorcycle accident deaths in the state of California have risen by 175 percent over the past 10 years. It is hard for motorcyclists to prevent collisions that lead in severe injuries or death, despite the countless safety programs put in place. Identifying why bikers are more probable to be killed in automobile accidents than other motorists is crucial.
- Wear a helmet while riding
- Don’t ride after drinking
- Never ride without a license
- Obey traffic laws
- Watch for road obstacles
Without warning, even vigilant bikers can become victims of accidents. When this occurs, results can be devastating. It is essential to receive adequate compensation for damages. If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle crash and has experienced severe injuries or death, it is vital to seek help from an expert motorcycle accident attorney.
Common Reasons for Motorcycle Accidents
- Inexperienced riders
- Alcohol & drugs
- Distractions driving (texting, talking on a cell phone, eating etc.)
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Lane splitting
- Poor weather and road conditions
- Improper or no use of helmets
If you’ve been injured in a similar accident call your California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer and Motorcycle Injury Attorney. Farahi Law Firm, APC is committed to allowing victims of motorcycle accidents to return to the life they led prior to sustaining their injuries. Contact us for a free case evaluation at (844) 4-JUSTICE