Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Don’t forget to collect important evidence of a motorcycle crash at the scene and afterwards. Evidence is of paramount importance in case of motorcycle accident injury claims, it may make or break one’s case.
With the increase in number of motorcycle users, the risk of being involved in a motorcycle accident also increases. As per the NHTSA reports motorcyclist fatalities in urban areas increased by 15% since 2008 and approximately 5000 motorcyclists were killed in year 2017. California is the state with second highest number of Motorcycle Rider Fatalities.
Given the numbers above it is wise for motorcyclists to prepare themselves in the event a crash occurs. Ensuring the collection of right evidence after a motorcycle accident may help to preserve their right to compensation if they are injured due to third party’s negligence.
If you were hurt in a Los Angeles motorcycle crash, here’s what you need to collect as important evidence of a motorcycle crash that supports your injury claims:
Evidence at the Scene of the Crash
- Collect the contact information like name, address and phone number from the other party.
- Collect the insurance & vehicle details of the involved party like license plate number, vehicle make, model & colour, insurance company and policy details.
- Collect a copy of police report and details of the police officer (if any)
- Look for any witnesses and take their contact details.
- Take photographs of the scene of accident from different angles, including surroundings.
- Take photographs of any personal injuries sustained and of damages to the vehicles involved.
- Notice if there’s any CCTV camera
- Write down the accident details in your own words, draw a rough diagram of the scene. (include weather and road conditions, signage or traffic lights etc.)
Evidence after the Crash
- Preserve vehicle damage estimates and repairs.
- Preserve all the medical bills and treatments post-accident.
- Preserve proof of any lost wages or income.
- Keep record of all expenditures accrued due to the accident.
- Keep a journal to record how the injuries affected your daily life.
Like important evidence of a motorcycle crash can make or break a case, choosing the right motorcycle personal injury attorneyaffect the success or failure of your compensation claim. If you or a loved one has been hurt while riding a motorcycle, Farahi Law Firm, APCwill aggressively and competently handle your case.