Independence Day is the most dangerous summer holiday for American drivers. More drivers on the road means more accidents. Drivers who are distracted, tired or driving unfamiliar routes are likely to get involved in auto accidents. If you get involved in any accident on the Fourth of July an accomplished personal injury attorney in Los Angeles on your side can protect your rights and get you the right compensation you deserve for your suffering.
The combination of travel, alcohol and fireworks increases the likelihood of serious crashes. This deadly conjunction makes the Fourth of July the most dangerous summer holiday in the United States. Between 2008 and 2012, July 4 had an average of 127 deaths in crashes each year, according to data collected by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The biggest factor is alcohol consumption as forty-one percent of the deaths on Fourth of July involved high blood alcohol concentrations.
A FEW PRECAUTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
If you plan to celebrate Independence Day with friends and family, our legal team at Farahi Law Firm, APC would like to remind you about the importance of making safety a priority. Stay safe whenever you venture onto public roads and highways. Turn the most dangerous summer holiday into most memorable holiday of the season. Here are few tips:
- Don’t Drink & Drive: Have fun but have a plan if you choose to consume alcohol.
- Avoid Distractions: Concentrate on the road while driving. Avoid distractions like using your cellphone, eating, reading maps and operating GPS etc.
- Avoid Speeding: The holiday also sees more foot traffic. Always give the right of way to pedestrians and keep your speed under the limit.
- Avoid Fatigue: If you are travelling long distance take rest breaks and avoid getting tired.
- Keep an emergency roadside kit: Stock your car with essential items like water, a flashlight, a first aid kit, non-perishable food, reflective triangles, road flares etc.
- Service your car before trip: Take your car in for service before your trip. Be sure to inspect the tire pressures & make sure your spare tire is in good condition.
Another big reason people end up in the ER over the Fourth of July is burns. One can get hurt from fireworks or barbecue grills. If you sustain such injuries get evaluated immediately.
If you or your loved one was injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for a claim. Speak with our expert attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC, we are prepared to protect your rights. Get free consultation today: (310) 774 4500