Learn who’s liable to pay for your damages and how if injured as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft crash.
Injured as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft crash in Los Angeles protect your rights with the experience of a Harvard Law Graduate Attorney on your side and get outstanding legal representation of your personal injury claim.
Determining who’s legally responsible for the traffic accident is the first step in getting paid. If you’re injured in Uber, Lyft cabs as a passenger you’re entitled for the compensation for your injuries through the taxi company’s insurance cover.
Uber and Lyft ridesharing insurance coverage in Los Angeles
Both Uber and Lyft ridesharing companies provide insurance with liability coverage of $1 million dollars from the moment a passenger enters the vehicle of a participating driver until the passenger exits the vehicle. This is a massive coverage as compared to the coverage what other taxi companies carry in Los Angeles i.e. $100000 to $300000 depending upon the number of passengers injured in the accident.
Insurance coverage dependency on ridesharing app
This coverage will depend upon exactly how the ridesharing driver was using the app at the time of the accident. And the coverage depends on what stage you are in the process of offering rides to customers. This can be broken down into the following three categories:
(1) The driver is not logged in the ridesharing app: personal driving.
(2) The driver logged in the ridesharing app and waiting for ride request.
(3) The driver en route to pickup passengers or driving passengers.
Whether you were a pedestrian or a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle that is injured in an accident, or you are an Uber or Lyft driver involved in a motor accident, these ridesharing service’s commercial insurance policies will cover damages for all economic losses, pain and suffering.
Injured being passenger in an Uber or Lyft crash
Being the passenger you’re in a win-win situation.
- If your car driver is liable for the accident then ridesharing service’s liability insurance provides coverage for your injury.
- If it’s not your car driver’s fault and other vehicle driver is liable for the accident, then third party’s car insurance will pay for your personal injury compensation.
- If an uninsured or underinsured motorist causes the accident then also you’re covered by ridesharing service’s liability insurance.
Almost certainly you’ll have the capacity to recover compensation for your personal injuries, however knowing the way that insurance companies are infamous for denying or coming up short on claims – the troublesome part might be to constrain the ride sharing company to accept the liability.
Expert attorneys at Farahi Law Firm are prepared to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve If you or your loved one sustained injuries as a passenger in motor vehicle accidents involving Uber or Lyft cabs. Call to discuss your case today: (310) 774 4500
- > https://www.lyft.com/safety